Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    A sweep by the Huskies this weekend could send the goofers into a huge tailspin, and propel us on to better things.
    A sweep this weeked could send the gophers in a tail spin, but us sweeping a botton half team is expected and doesn't give us anything but four points.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedavis View Post
      I was only able to catch part of the 1st game this weekend but the radio guys were saying Roe was moved out to the wing this weekend. I saw the game scores but how did that work out? Was it an effective move with the line he was in?

Also, I skated at Mariucci this weekend with the MN Special Hockey progam I volunteer for. First time I had ever been there. Great time and great experience for the players. Great venue. I have heard on here that on gameday there is a hum but it doesn't get too loud in there otherwise. I have been noticing that seats haven't been too full lately either, is that because its early in the season, who they are playing or because of their underwelming performances? If that was the case for this weekend as well and tickets were available I was thinking about catching one or both of the games. Maybe this paragraph is better suited for the Gopher threads...got some great photos of the facility though, not that anyone wants to see them, but just in case...

Mariucci Arena
      The on-ice product over the last 3-4 seasons has really dragged down attendance. Tons of people either moved way up in line or finally got off the season ticket waiting list due to a lot of people not renewing before this season. The atmosphere is still ok at times but it could be so so much better. It has almost everything to do with how poorly this team has played over the last handful of seasons (they did jack the prices up as well, but a good team would justify an expensive ticket and that isn't happening).
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        A sweep this weeked could send the gophers in a tail spin, but us sweeping a botton half team is expected and doesn't give us anything but four points.
        Will it hurt our Pairwise ranking just for playing them?
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

anything but four points huh? Well I'll TAKE those four points, 'cause first off, 4 out of a possible 4 is as good as it gets. Secondly, how many teams the last few years could've used an extra 4 points at the end to jump 2 or 3 seeds, and that was with two fewer teams. Any weekend is big, and this weekend's no exception.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

This team is going no place if they don't get a lot better on the special teams. Our power play is brutal!!!!

Why did motzko change his lines after the team scored five goals on friday?

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              This team is going no place if they don't get a lot better on the special teams. Our power play is brutal!!!!

Back away from the ledge TB! Today the rodents got all the deflections and blocks. This team looks good and will get better. They didn't lay down, fought to the end and didn't give up. No breaks today after getting many Friday night.
              There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                Back away from the ledge TB! Today the rodents got all the deflections and blocks. This team looks good and will get better. They didn't lay down, fought to the end and didn't give up. No breaks today after getting many Friday night.
                What ledge? I said the Gophers played well and our power play is brutal. If this team wants to reach their goals they need to be better on special teams than they have been so far this year.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  What ledge? I said the Gophers played well and our power play is brutal. If this team wants to reach their goals they need to be better on special teams than they have been so far this year.
                  They had 3 special team goals Friday night! How much more does matzo have to tinker with it! Chill out
                  There is Hope . . .

Comment

According to the box score, he didn't.
                    All 4 lines and all 3 d-pairs were unchanged.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Third page?!? People, people... are we just all going to dahuskies and gonna cancel this thread?

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                      They pretty much did lay down Sunday. They only played with a sense of urgency in the third. They should try not being down after two periods instead.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Third page?!? People, people... are we just all going to dahuskies and gonna cancel this thread?
                        Sounds good to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                          Sounds good to me.
                          Let's not get our boners in a bundle here.
                          Bob is making me concerned
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

• Bumping this from page 2.

You could always talk about the SCSU Football team and their upcoming matchup this weekend. They're 7-1 and even with a loss to UMD, SCSU stands an excellent shot at still making the playoffs. Sure makes it hard for those that wanted to cut the football team earlier this year.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Bumping this from page 2.

You could always talk about the SCSU Football team and their upcoming matchup this weekend. They're 7-1 and even with a loss to UMD, SCSU stands an excellent shot at still making the playoffs. Sure makes it hard for those that wanted to cut the football team earlier this year.
                              Also makes it hard when the NSIC says you can't cut it and stay in the conference.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Also makes it hard when the NSIC says you can't cut it and stay in the conference.
                                Last I heard the NSIC didnt really say yes or no about SCSU dropping football. They just kinda tabled it for later discussion.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X