X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Haha... I get it now too.
    Well ain't I the arsehole with egg on his face.
    Well done BC/HE.
    G & F, I'll be seeing you over there.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      well done

D - Connor Hardowa, UNH
      Good stuff.

My only disagreement here is Hardowa was a late pick-up (nobody else wanted him) and a older player in Juniors (will be a 22 year old sophomore). Honestly, I expected nothing from him, I was surprised how well he played actually. I figured he was another great safe play by UNH that only see limited ice time Junior and Senior year.
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        I know he didn't do much offensively last year, but I thought he actually looked pretty good in the few games I saw him play. He at least ended up with a positive plus/minus, which would indicate he wasn't a disaster or anything.
        Speaking as someone who saw a lot of his games, I would agree with this. The kid is very solid on D. Steve's right, though - he lit it up in Juniors, then did nothing offensively last year. I tend to disagree with using points to judge defensemen (Brian Yandle had plenty of points the final three years of his career), but you really only have that and +/-, which isn't fantastic, either.
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

i suspect our next selection will be met with some grumblings.

G - Grant Rollheiser, BU

*****http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5997/milkcartonrollheiser.jpg******

The scoop: Upon his arrival at BU, this 2008 draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs was unable to wrestle the starting job in goal away from his undrafted (at the time) classmate, Kieran Millan. One could hardly blame him, as Millan finished the season with a blistering .897 winning % to go along with a 1.93 GAA and a .927 save %. However, even when Millan fell back to earth during his sophomore season (2.51, .905), Rollheiser actually saw his playing time go down. While those with proclivity for glow stick poisoning might mention a possible lingering ankle injury as the main culprit for his disappearance. We would instead submit his stat line of a robust 8-5-4 with a mediocre 2.60 GAA and terrible .888 save % through two seasons as the driving factor behind his demise. Rollheiser is now officially harder to find on campus than a donut in the cafeteria. With another year on the pine in store, his draft status makes him the most high profile bench-door opener in the league. Many have long expected Rollheiser to "Roll out" to a team that might actually let him play. His continued presence at BU is certainly a mystery. Perhaps he enjoys the Ivy League pretensions but community college atmosphere (copyright - dartmouth review); or perhaps Toronto has already given up on his development. Either way, surely, J-S Giguere is shaking in his boots at the thought of Rollheiser one day stealing his job. Rollheiser’s last professional hope will be an offseason trade to the Bruins – where mediocre college goalies are routinely rewarded with absurd contracts. (Missing since 2/26/2008)

2010-2011 AMC Team
          F - Trivino, BU
          F - Henrion, UNH
          F - Marshall, UVM
          D - Cornell, Maine
          D - Hardowa, UNH
          G - Rollheiser, BU

home stretch now..
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            i suspect our next selection will be met with some grumblings.

G - Grant Rollheiser, BU

*****http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5997/milkcartonrollheiser.jpg******

The scoop: Upon his arrival at BU, this 2008 draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs was unable to wrestle the starting job in goal away from his undrafted (at the time) classmate, Kieran Millan. One could hardly blame him, as Millan finished the season with a blistering .897 winning % to go along with a 1.93 GAA and a .927 save %. However, even when Millan fell back to earth during his sophomore season (2.51, .905), Rollheiser actually saw his playing time go down. While those with proclivity for glow stick poisoning might mention a possible lingering ankle injury as the main culprit for his disappearance. We would instead submit his stat line of a robust 8-5-4 with a mediocre 2.60 GAA and terrible .888 save % through two seasons as the driving factor behind his demise. Rollheiser is now officially harder to find on campus than a donut in the cafeteria. With another year on the pine in store, his draft status makes him the most high profile bench-door opener in the league. Many have long expected Rollheiser to "Roll out" to a team that might actually let him play. His continued presence at BU is certainly a mystery. Perhaps he enjoys the Ivy League pretensions but community college atmosphere (copyright - dartmouth review); or perhaps Toronto has already given up on his development. Either way, surely, J-S Giguere is shaking in his boots at the thought of Rollheiser one day stealing his job. Rollheiser’s last professional hope will be an offseason trade to the Bruins – where mediocre college goalies are routinely rewarded with absurd contracts. (Missing since 2/26/2008)
            BU is the school on Comm Ave having Ivy League pretensions? You saved your funniest line for the final installment.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              BU is the school on Comm Ave having Ivy League pretensions? You saved your funniest line for the final installment.
              Uh... genius... The Dartmouth review said that. I wouldn't worry so much of the accusation of Ivy League pretensions as much as the fact that they contend BU is like a community college. If you don't like this outsider's view on BU, I highly recommend avoiding the new movie about facebook that has recently hit the theaters.

Back to Rollheiser... as I've discussed with Steve and he mentions here, it really does surprise me that he hasn't moved on to seek some playing time elsewhere considering he is drafted by the Leafs.

Maybe he got the old "come to BU and be BMOC and you can go bang those cute BBW BU chicks over there" talk at the Beanpot from Todd and doesn't want to leave.
              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-01-2010, 12:58 PM.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Uh... genius... The Dartmouth review said that. I wouldn't worry so much of the accusation of Ivy League pretensions as much as the fact that they contend BU is like a community college. If you don't like this outsider's view on BU, I highly recommend avoiding the new movie about facebook that has recently hit the theaters.

Back to Rollheiser... as I've discussed with Steve and he mentions here, it really does surprise me that he hasn't moved on to seek some playing time elsewhere considering he is drafted by the Leafs.

Maybe he got the old "come to BU and be BMOC and you can go bang those cute BBW BU chicks over there" talk at the Beanpot from Todd and doesn't want to leave.
                Among other things the Dartmouth Review has said or done: (I'd rather have people like this critical of my school, than supporting it)
                • The newspaper continues to refer to Dartmouth's sports teams as the "Indians" after the traditional school mascot which was officially discarded in the early 1970s. The paper pointed out that a Gallup poll of Indian chiefs in fact supported keeping the Indian mascot.[4] To promote the Indian mascot as well as the Indian symbol, the newspaper sold Dartmouth t-shirts emblazoned with the symbol. (To poke fun at these shirts, members of the Native American Society printed "Dartmouth Whites" shirts featuring the Monopoly Uncle Money Bags character in place of the Indian symbol.)
                • When the Alma Mater, originally called "Men of Dartmouth," was changed to be gender-neutral, the paper printed and distributed copies of the original lyrics. These lyrics are reprinted each year for incoming freshmen.
                • In 1986, students affiliated with the Review formed the Committee to Beautify the Green and attacked, with sledgehammers in the night, the shanties that had been erected on the campus quad as part of an ultimately successful campaign to cause Dartmouth to divest itself of South African investments during apartheid. The shanties were blocking the College's annual Winter Carnival and were considered by many to be eyesores; the town of Hanover had ordered the illegally-constructed structures torn down. When the College had moved to remove them, 150 students blocked the workers. Ten Review staffers who attacked the shanties were disciplined by the College.
                • In 1984, the Review sent a reporter to a public meeting of the Dartmouth Gay Students Association and published excerpts from the meeting; the article also included names of the group's leaders.
                • In 1988, the Review published an article criticizing an African-American professor by judging one of his courses "one of Dartmouth's most academically deficient." After hearing a profanity-laden phone call from the professor after publishing the story, staffers sought a comment, the professor yelled at them and the school accused them of harassment.[citation needed]
                • In the fall of 1990, the Review was accused of anti-Semitism for its publication of a quote from Mein Kampf in its masthead in place of its usual quote from Teddy Roosevelt. The quote was discovered by Review staffers three days after the paper was distributed. The Review recalled the issue and then editor-in-chief, Kevin Pritchett issued a campus-wide apology. According to Review backer William F. Buckley, Jr.'s book In Search of Anti-Semitism, this incident was the work of a disgruntled former staff member; others have stated that the staffer, whose identity his colleagues have not disclosed, was still a current staffer of the newspaper.
                • In response to the Hitler quotation in particular and the Review's stance in general, almost two thousand people assembled on the Green for a "Rally Against Hate".[5] Both the rally and President Freedman were later criticized by some among Dartmouth alumni and by the national media.[6] The "Hitler Quote incident," as it came to be known,[7] came on the heels of several smaller incidents allegedly suggesting anti-Semitism on the part of the Review. The incident led to a satiric response by the Harvard Lampoon, who in April 1992 replaced the usual Dartmouth Review newspapers with their own "All Hitler Fashion Preview," including a quote page with exclusive (and fake) Hitler quotes. During the same period, College President Freedman, who was Jewish, was caricatured as Adolf Hitler on their front page with the caption "Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Freedman."
                • The November 28, 2006, issue of the Review featured a cover image of an Indian brandishing a scalp, with the headline: "The Natives are Getting Restless!" The illustration is widely used by national anti-Indian coalitions;[8] the paper itself included multiple pieces criticizing both Native American students' complaints about a string of incidents perceived as racist, as well as the College's apologies for them. On November 29, 2006, more than 500 students, staff, faculty members and administrators responded to the issue by gathering for a "Solidarity Against Hatred Rally" in front of Dartmouth Hall. In an interview with the Associated Press, the Review editor-in-chief said the paper was in response to "the overdramatic reaction to events this term."[9] Editors subsequently issued statements expressing "regret" and called the cover, but not the issue's content, a "mistake".[8][10][11]
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Yeah, the Dartmouth Review is about as bad as they get when it comes to college papers. Regardless of anything they say about BU, I would never take them seriously or even pay attention to anything they print.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Yeah, the Dartmouth Review is about as bad as they get when it comes to college papers. Regardless of anything they say about BU, I would never take them seriously or even pay attention to anything they print.
                    ditto anything printed in Cambridge MA

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      ditto anything printed in Cambridge MA
                      ditto anything printed on Morrissey Boulevard.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                        Among other things the Dartmouth Review has said or done: (I'd rather have people like this critical of my school, than supporting it)
                        • The newspaper continues to refer to Dartmouth's sports teams as the "Indians" after the traditional school mascot which was officially discarded in the early 1970s. The paper pointed out that a Gallup poll of Indian chiefs in fact supported keeping the Indian mascot.[4] To promote the Indian mascot as well as the Indian symbol, the newspaper sold Dartmouth t-shirts emblazoned with the symbol. (To poke fun at these shirts, members of the Native American Society printed "Dartmouth Whites" shirts featuring the Monopoly Uncle Money Bags character in place of the Indian symbol.)
                        • When the Alma Mater, originally called "Men of Dartmouth," was changed to be gender-neutral, the paper printed and distributed copies of the original lyrics. These lyrics are reprinted each year for incoming freshmen.
                        • In 1986, students affiliated with the Review formed the Committee to Beautify the Green and attacked, with sledgehammers in the night, the shanties that had been erected on the campus quad as part of an ultimately successful campaign to cause Dartmouth to divest itself of South African investments during apartheid. The shanties were blocking the College's annual Winter Carnival and were considered by many to be eyesores; the town of Hanover had ordered the illegally-constructed structures torn down. When the College had moved to remove them, 150 students blocked the workers. Ten Review staffers who attacked the shanties were disciplined by the College.
                        • In 1984, the Review sent a reporter to a public meeting of the Dartmouth Gay Students Association and published excerpts from the meeting; the article also included names of the group's leaders.
                        • In 1988, the Review published an article criticizing an African-American professor by judging one of his courses "one of Dartmouth's most academically deficient." After hearing a profanity-laden phone call from the professor after publishing the story, staffers sought a comment, the professor yelled at them and the school accused them of harassment.[citation needed]
                        • In the fall of 1990, the Review was accused of anti-Semitism for its publication of a quote from Mein Kampf in its masthead in place of its usual quote from Teddy Roosevelt. The quote was discovered by Review staffers three days after the paper was distributed. The Review recalled the issue and then editor-in-chief, Kevin Pritchett issued a campus-wide apology. According to Review backer William F. Buckley, Jr.'s book In Search of Anti-Semitism, this incident was the work of a disgruntled former staff member; others have stated that the staffer, whose identity his colleagues have not disclosed, was still a current staffer of the newspaper.
                        • In response to the Hitler quotation in particular and the Review's stance in general, almost two thousand people assembled on the Green for a "Rally Against Hate".[5] Both the rally and President Freedman were later criticized by some among Dartmouth alumni and by the national media.[6] The "Hitler Quote incident," as it came to be known,[7] came on the heels of several smaller incidents allegedly suggesting anti-Semitism on the part of the Review. The incident led to a satiric response by the Harvard Lampoon, who in April 1992 replaced the usual Dartmouth Review newspapers with their own "All Hitler Fashion Preview," including a quote page with exclusive (and fake) Hitler quotes. During the same period, College President Freedman, who was Jewish, was caricatured as Adolf Hitler on their front page with the caption "Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Freedman."
                        • The November 28, 2006, issue of the Review featured a cover image of an Indian brandishing a scalp, with the headline: "The Natives are Getting Restless!" The illustration is widely used by national anti-Indian coalitions;[8] the paper itself included multiple pieces criticizing both Native American students' complaints about a string of incidents perceived as racist, as well as the College's apologies for them. On November 29, 2006, more than 500 students, staff, faculty members and administrators responded to the issue by gathering for a "Solidarity Against Hatred Rally" in front of Dartmouth Hall. In an interview with the Associated Press, the Review editor-in-chief said the paper was in response to "the overdramatic reaction to events this term."[9] Editors subsequently issued statements expressing "regret" and called the cover, but not the issue's content, a "mistake".[8][10][11]

except your ability to copy and paste from wikipedia doesnt change the fact that bu is a glorified community college, now does it.

this list of atrocities rivals what we can expect bu freshman to post after their annual run-ins with northeastern fans circa the beanpot

*****http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7186/n1332240201303085154057.jpg******
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Back to Rollheiser... as I've discussed with Steve...
                          Wow, a meeting of the latter day Algonquin Round Table.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            Wow, a meeting of the latter day Algonquin Round Table.
                            You are full of great one-liners. You should be a comedian. You're funnier than Greg Giraldo (after the overdose... but only by a little).
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Fanboys are upset
                              Glory lasted one year
                              BC back on top

Comment

2010-2011 AMC Team
                                F - Trivino, BU
                                F - Henrion, UNH
                                F - Marshall, UVM
                                D - Cornell, Maine
                                D - Hardowa, UNH
                                G - Rollheiser, BU

Way to go Steve. You managed to get in all the other Big4 teams as well as the wannabe UVM. No sense in rattling any of the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X