Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    Truth be told, you could probably put every Michigan player from 2006 to the present on a milk carton. All those blue chippers and they've made as many Frozen Fours as RIT, Vermont, and Bemidji... .

"Fail to the Victors?"
    Good point. Put Red Berensen on a milk carton as well. Top 5 recruiting class every year and this is what he does with it?

We'll always have Josh Langfeld in 1998, though... right Maize?
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It can be dahling, no? I wud be disappointed if not. I may have to bury my sorrow w/alcohol
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Top 5 recruiting class every year and this is what he does with it?
        They never recruited a Ben Lovejoy.

He's playing on the top pairing with Bobby Orr this year, right?
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Will bet you anything that henrion will have a very good year
          Will be an impact player before this is done

Comment

I wonder who SteveF will chose to coach this team?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

thats the spirit, girls. bring those claws out! and snaps to jcarter for identifying our next selection

F - Matt Marshall, UVM

*****http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6396/milkcartonmarshall.jpg******

The scoop: After his fifth round selection by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the pride of Hingham, Mass. scored 25 goals in 29 games during his senior season at Nobles and Greenough school. He then shunned both Boston University and Northeastern when he made the curious decision to ‘Bolt’ his native Boston and head north to UVM. Like everything else, expectations were high in Burlington as he arrived in catamount country in search of illustrious postseason success – and hoping to avoid any instances of off-ice sexual deviance. However, a paltry freshman season (1-3-4) that saw only an ever-so-slight boost during his sophomore campaign (1-4-5) earns him the dubious distinction of being the worst drafted player in Hockey East not named Justin Courtnall. If Rogie was a UVM fan, he would say 'Matt Marshall wasnt recruited to score goals'. No doubt Tampa is glad they picked him over the likes of Blake Kessel, Carl Hagelin, and Nick Bonino. Still, with four of the top five scorers from the previous season now gone, Marshall will be asked to carry the ball(s) this year. He will also be asked to stop jealously saying 'viktor was better' every time coach sneddon fails to yell at the over-hyped newest Stahlberg experiment. However, should Matt shun this blog and ultimately make the show, we think his current teammates will be the ones ‘green’ with envy come the day he is seen elephant walking with Steve Stamkos. (Missing since 5/18/2007)

2010-2011 AMC Team
              F - Trivino, BU
              F - Henrion, UNH
              F - Marshall, UVM
              D -
              D -
              G -

stay tuned...
              Last edited by SteveF; 09-29-2010, 04:16 PM.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                thats the spirit, girls. bring those claws out! and snaps to jcarter for identifying our next selection

F - Matt Marshall, UVM

*****http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6396/milkcartonmarshall.jpg******

The scoop: After his fifth round selection by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the pride of Hingham, Mass. scored 25 goals in 51 games during his senior season at Nobles and Greenough school. He then shunned both Boston University and Northeastern when he made the curious decision to ‘Bolt’ his native Boston and head north to UVM. Like everything else, expectations were high in Burlington as he arrived in catamount country in search of illustrious postseason success – and hoping to avoid any instances of off-ice sexual deviance. However, a paltry freshman season (1-3-4) that saw only an ever-so-slight boost during his sophomore campaign (1-4-5) earns him the dubious distinction of being the worst drafted player in Hockey East not named Justin Courtnall. If Rogie was a UVM fan, he would say 'Matt Marshall wasnt recruited to score goals'. No doubt Tampa is glad they picked him over the likes of Blake Kessel, Carl Hagelin, and Nick Bonino. Still, with four of the top five scorers from the previous season now gone, Marshall will be asked to carry the ball(s) this year. He will also be asked to stop jealously saying 'viktor was better' every time coach sneddon fails to yell at the over-hyped newest Stahlberg experiment. However, should Matt shun this blog and ultimately make the show, we think his current teammates will be the ones ‘green’ with envy come the day he is seen elephant walking with Steve Stamkos. (Missing since 5/18/2007)

2010-2011 AMC Team
                F - Trivino, BU
                F - Henrion, UNH
                F - Marshall, UVM
                D -
                D -
                G -

stay tuned...
                Um, not that it's not bad enough as you state it.....but Marshall actually had 25 goals and 51 POINTS in 29 games.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  I wonder who SteveF will chose to coach this team?
                  McDonald???? Hey if you can't make the tourney with 145 seniors on your roster.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Will bet you anything that henrion will have a very good year
                    Will be an impact player before this is done
                    Define good...

I will put up this
                    *****http://livinginmycar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/free-candy-van1.jpg******

against one of your 10million in rental real estate...

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      Um, not that it's not bad enough as you state it.....but Marshall actually had 25 goals and 51 POINTS in 29 games.
                      oops fixed. even better, the intention was to show how good he was in high school

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

oops fixed. even better, the intention was to show how good he was in high school
                        I know there is a huge step for a lot of these kids going from HS to college, but really...how do you go from 1.76 ppg to 0.158 ppg.

Hokydad, what's the scoop on Marshall?

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          They never recruited a Ben Lovejoy.

He's playing on the top pairing with Bobby Orr this year, right?
                          Hey now, not being able to cut it at BC is nothing to be ashamed of. Does moving on to the NHL after that not show how great BC is? Let's give him credit for being able to make a living in North America playing pro hockey... like pre-2006 Jeff Jillson (and probably soon to be Al Montoya... nice pick by the Rangers at #6 overall).
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                            Truth be told, you could probably put every Michigan player from 2006 to the present on a milk carton. All those blue chippers and they've made as many Frozen Fours as RIT, Vermont, and Bemidji... .

"Fail to the Victors?"
                            i smell another banner for uvm.....
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              McDonald???? Hey if you can't make the tourney with 145 seniors on your roster.....
                              patience, grasshopper. defense is next, any speculation?

Comment

any speculation?
                                yeah
                                since when are you a pinhead?
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X