USA Today Preseason Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Today Preseason Poll

Hard to believe Penn State isn't ranked.

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKEHh_mYolI/AAAAAAAAJZk/zklBTcSTogc/s1600/USA+Today+Poll.jpg******

Re: USA Today Preseason Poll

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Hard to believe Penn State isn't ranked.

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKEHh_mYolI/AAAAAAAAJZk/zklBTcSTogc/s1600/USA+Today+Poll.jpg******
    Love the Alaska over-hype.

I think people got Penn State and Notre Dame confused with votes. That has to be the only logical reasoning that Notre Dame is just outside the top 15.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

From the Hockey East perspective, the complete lack of respect for Merrimack jumps out most to me. I understand them getting fewer votes than Vermont because Vermont's a bigger name that's been there before, but I don't see how Merrimack can be behind Northeastern, too. Personally, I think Merrimack is closer to BU than either UVM or NU.

And yes, I know the Poles don't matter. Just trying to add to the conversation.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I honestly would not be surprised if BSU drops out of the rankings when they start to adjust to WCHA life.

If DaCosta improves from last season Merimack will crack top 15 at some point.

Comment

Kind of surprised BC didn't get all the first place votes.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            From the Hockey East perspective, the complete lack of respect for Merrimack jumps out most to me. I understand them getting fewer votes than Vermont because Vermont's a bigger name that's been there before, but I don't see how Merrimack can be behind Northeastern, too. Personally, I think Merrimack is closer to BU than either UVM or NU.

Maybe you just have a lack of respect for Northeastern. NU did have quite a few of its key players get injured for major stretches of the season including Quailier who was out the entire season.

Comment

its amazing that in a poll that ranks the top 15 teams in the country in a sport that has 58 teams, that 28 of them received votes
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Kind of surprised BC didn't get all the first place votes.
                Since UND is the next best team, can we just skip the whole NCAA season and give BC the trophy now?
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Tell that to a pole dancer or Frederic Chopin

Comment

The voters clearly see that Hockey East is BC and a lot of steaming turds... same old same old. Are we really going to complain that Merrimack and NU are not getting a ton of votes? Let's get real here.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Let's see your own top 15 then rather than complain about USA Today (which I agree is horrible)

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                        Maybe you just have a lack of respect for Northeastern. NU did have quite a few of its key players get injured for major stretches of the season including Quailier who was out the entire season.
                        As a NU fan, I also have a beef with us getting more votes than the mack. They are a better team IMHO, they should eventually get their due.
                        Arenas Attended
                        Matthews Arena
                        Agganis Arena
                        Tsongas Arena
                        Lawler Arena
                        Schneider Arena
                        Mullins Center
                        TD Banknorth Garden
                        Conte Forum
                        Whittemore Center
                        Gutterson Fieldhouse
                        Alfond Arena
                        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

it's a preseason poll and BU is BU, so they're going to get votes...........i think though that UVM is closer to or should be included with BU,UNH ........and Maine for that matter, the Mack right after those three. NU?? we'll see .........

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            The voters clearly see that Hockey East is BC and a lot of steaming turds... same old same old. Are we really going to complain that Merrimack and NU are not getting a ton of votes? Let's get real here.
                            i see they voted that the 3rd best team in HEA is better than the 3rd best team in any other conference.

(course they are probably wrong, but that's how it reads)
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Gotta love the USA today preseason poll. Its a rule that BC, BU, North Dakota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota must be in there somewhere. Which basically means its the "USA Today college hockey's most storied programs + 9 teams we've heard might be good" preseason poll.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X