Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Really a great weekend of hockey....in regards to redhawkman 10's comment... I totally agree that Miami had the better of the play for the most part but as we who love hockey know, it only takes but a couple of minutes..last year RIT puts 3 in the net in 91 seconds to down UNH, Cornell has a bad 2 minutes and UNH takes them down...but the worst case for me was seeing BU have Lady Luck, and only Lady Luck in the final minutes, to steal the title from you folks....but it's why we love this game, and hate being a fan!

Comment

Really a great weekend of hockey....in regards to redhawkman 10's comment... I totally agree that Miami had the better of the play for the most part but as we who love hockey know, it only takes but a couple of minutes..last year RIT puts 3 in the net in 91 seconds to down UNH, Cornell has a bad 2 minutes and UNH takes them down...but the worst case for me was seeing BU have Lady Luck, and only Lady Luck in the final minutes, to steal the title from you folks....but it's why we love this game, and hate being a fan!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

You should post this again for those who didn't read it the first five times...
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

that's a huge OOps! Can I blame the computer?

Comment

Just emphasizing his point

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    You should post this again for those who didn't read it the first five times...
                    it always happens early in the morning and i don't know why, when you hit send it doesn't send right away then you click send again it actaully keeps them and sends them later all while the thing is spinning around attempting to send and you think nothing went through. maybe a moderator can 'splain...........i did a triple post on the BU thread myself this morning

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                      that's a huge OOps! Can I blame the computer?
                      no, see above, blame USCHO

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        no, see above, blame USCHO
                        USCHO should do a front page story describing the technical problems on the site. Of course, they'll accompany story with a pic of David Warsofsky or some other BU-related picture when they do...
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          USCHO should do a front page story describing the technical problems on the site. Of course, they'll accompany story with a pic of David Warsofsky or some other BU-related picture when they do...
                          does seem like they have a "thing" with the Scarlet and White

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                            Glad you enjoyed your trip. And your spot on, UNH capitalized on every Miami mistake and ran away with it. Can do nothing but tip your cap to them on that one. I will say it was nice to not see Miami lie down and them show some fight in the third period cutting the lead to 2. UNH is a very strong team and will make more noise in Hockey East again this year. That should be a fun conference to watch this year.
                            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Ok, I'm a full time fan and a part time attendee because of my work schedule and inability to obtain season tickets (Evidently I don't give enough money to the university even though my daughter and my retirement account has been going to Miami for the last 3 years). Mrs. Suds and I were able to attend Saturdays game, by the grace of our buddy Brown Dawg, and it seemed to us that UNH was the only team on the ice for the biggest part of the second period Saturday. We've noticed this happening in the past where we come out flat for 10 or 15 mins at some point in just about every game, like we have no legs or something. Almost enough to be considered a trend. What gives? Do we have some conditioning concerns? Lack of focus for a while? Maybe someone can shine some light on this.

Another "Trend" observation of mine is that when we return from the holiday break in January, we seem to fall flat for a couple of weeks. But we can discuss this at the beginning of February.

(BTW, if anyone ever has tickets that they can't use, send me a PM. If I can go I'd love to buy them.)
                              You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                              GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                                Ok, I'm a full time fan and a part time attendee because of my work schedule and inability to obtain season tickets (Evidently I don't give enough money to the university even though my daughter and my retirement account has been going to Miami for the last 3 years). Mrs. Suds and I were able to attend Saturdays game, by the grace of our buddy Brown Dawg, and it seemed to us that UNH was the only team on the ice for the biggest part of the second period Saturday. We've noticed this happening in the past where we come out flat for 10 or 15 mins at some point in just about every game, like we have no legs or something. Almost enough to be considered a trend. What gives? Do we have some conditioning concerns? Lack of focus for a while? Maybe someone can shine some light on this.

Another "Trend" observation of mine is that when we return from the holiday break in January, we seem to fall flat for a couple of weeks. But we can discuss this at the beginning of February.

(BTW, if anyone ever has tickets that they can't use, send me a PM. If I can go I'd love to buy them.)
                                I doubt it's anything personal. The fact is, there are no season tickets available. If you didn't have season tickets at the old Goggin or tried to get them a few years ago, you're SOL. There is a waiting list, however. Call the season ticket office to try to get on it...
                                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                                X