Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post

Its simple, I don't know why your getting all defensive and flustered. Goaltenders of their caliber and experience don't need to face a legit D I team in an exhibition game to be prepared. A College game is game speed, Waterloo wasn't great but it was game speed. Be able to get your eyes ready, footwork up to speed, and angles right is what you are trying to accomplish not face a boat load of shots.
    Yup you are right. Facing two legitimate scoring opportunities qualifies as "game speed." I am not worried about our goalies at all, but like I said before a little more of a challenge couldn't hurt. Or do you want to disagree with that too?
    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
      Yup you are right. Facing two legitimate scoring opportunities qualifies as "game speed." I am not worried about our goalies at all, but like I said before a little more of a challenge couldn't hurt. Or do you want to disagree with that too?
      oh brother....some people can't follow along...I have explained it as elementry as I can if you can't get it Im not wasting any more time nor am I willing to get into a ****ing match over something meaningless. Some get it, some don't....

The fact you relate game speed to shots is telling enough.

like I said on to more important things, great signing today. Encouraging that Miami is still getting top flight talent even after the Big Ten bombshell. However I would like to see/expect some defensemen committing soon. Could have 3 potential openings after this season and only 1 committ.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Perhaps you are right and I am missing your point, but you seem to be missing mine as well. And yes you are right again saying game speed and shots aren't directly correlated but I still don't understand how you think that exhibition game even qualified as game speed. If in fact we played a team that matched up with us even a little better maybe our goalies would have seen a bit more action. All our goalies did was sit in their nets while they watched our offense down at the opposite end. The goalies were involved at a minimum in the exhibition which is why I wished that got a little more action. That is all I'm saying.

I'm not here to get into arguments with anyone either, but sometimes people disagree on things and that is fine.

Thanks for posting about the new signing. That is a great addition here for us. Any idea what other schools he was considering?
        2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by Gamblers Hockey
          ...has committed to the University of Miami of Ohio of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association.
          Good grief.
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
            Good grief.
            Crack journalism right there.

Let's all just be grateful that he did not commit to the College of Boston of Massachusetts of the Hockey East Conference or the University of Denver of Colorado of the Western Collegiate Hockey Conference (it just got tougher!).

Comment

Just noticed this nifty little stat. 3 of the last 5 seasons we've had fewer than 10 losses. Michigan has 1 season in that span with less than 10. Notre Dame has 2. Cornell has 1 (and they play much fewer games). BC 0. BU 1. UNH 0. Denver 0. North Dakota 0. Wisconsin 0.

That says a lot about how far this program has come, now lets finish the job this season boys.

Comment

MIAMI HOCKEY TOMORROW!!!

Sorry... It is too quiet on here and I just couldn't hold it in any longer. Wish I could get down to Oxford for this series, but the "real world" has temporarily caught up with me. If anyone else is stuck in Columbus this weekend or for any other home series this season, come join us for the Saturday home games at Fado Irish Pub. Scott Neff, owner and proud Miami alumnus, reserves some space for us and offers 50% off food orders during the game to anyone wearing Miami gear. Also, first 10 fans to confirm attendance on the event pages for each game watch gets a free drink!

Stay connected through our Columbus Chapter Facebook page at http://facebook.com/muaacolumbus.

Also, I just threw together a game watch for tomorrow night because I just couldn't hold out until Saturday. If you're in the area, come join me!

Go RedHawks!
                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                  Perhaps you are right and I am missing your point, but you seem to be missing mine as well. And yes you are right again saying game speed and shots aren't directly correlated but I still don't understand how you think that exhibition game even qualified as game speed. If in fact we played a team that matched up with us even a little better maybe our goalies would have seen a bit more action. All our goalies did was sit in their nets while they watched our offense down at the opposite end. The goalies were involved at a minimum in the exhibition which is why I wished that got a little more action. That is all I'm saying.

I'm not here to get into arguments with anyone either, but sometimes people disagree on things and that is fine.

Thanks for posting about the new signing. That is a great addition here for us. Any idea what other schools he was considering?
                  Fari enough, but unless you have been through it it may not look the same but it is. Answer me this, is a game against a weak canadian college better than practice? They could of played against the womens club team and it would of been beneficial. For me I just believe there are other things to worry about than the goaltenders so I am just trying to put your mind at ease.

Were on the same page about it being poor competition but trust me when I say participating in a game any game is beneficial and accomplishes a lot that numbers wont indicate.

They will be ready, trust me come face off tomorrow there will be far more to worry about than our goaltenders lol.

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                  MIAMI HOCKEY TOMORROW!!!

Sorry... It is too quiet on here and I just couldn't hold it in any longer. Wish I could get down to Oxford for this series, but the "real world" has temporarily caught up with me. If anyone else is stuck in Columbus this weekend or for any other home series this season, come join us for the Saturday home games at Fado Irish Pub. Scott Neff, owner and proud Miami alumnus, reserves some space for us and offers 50% off food orders during the game to anyone wearing Miami gear. Also, first 10 fans to confirm attendance on the event pages for each game watch gets a free drink!

Stay connected through our Columbus Chapter Facebook page at http://facebook.com/muaacolumbus.

Also, I just threw together a game watch for tomorrow night because I just couldn't hold out until Saturday. If you're in the area, come join me!

Go RedHawks!
                  So you on your own organizing things this year? Your commadre decided to head to the rockies....lol

you going to be able to make it down much? check your rep....
                  Last edited by redhawkman10; 10-07-2010, 05:13 PM.
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

After a nice 12 hour work day and being stuck on the highway in Kentucky. In ready for a bottle of old crowe and some puck

Comment

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Man, with the exception of getting blown past by Sislo on his goal, VAIVE was a man on a mission tonight. According to my roommate I took some skin off his hand on our high five when he threw in the first goal of the season.

Fun game, great to see the student section fill up before the team took the ice, good enthusiasm all around. Obviously a closer game then the score line indicated, hopefully a few less mistakes leading to goals tomorrow but I'm not going to complain. Huge ooc win to get the ball rolling. Love and Honor!

Comment

VAIVE did look very impressive tonight, starting to emerge as the man we hoped he'd be. Best game of his three years in Oxford. Carrying the puck, winning battles in corners, even got a good amount of PK time tonight. Any word on when C Mac and Reilly will be back? I'd guess Mantha and Kennedy will be the odd men out, Mason and Tiesling both looked good out there tonight.

And how bout Hirsch with a 3 point game . Another neg rep for that one RHM?

Comment

I can't remember how long Rico sat Webber for his over the summer indiscretion last year. Hoping to see Riley and Cmac for St. Cloud next weekend. Talk about a SNIPE from Mason tonight, team will look pretty solid when they get their other forewards back.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                            I can't remember how long Rico sat Webber for his over the summer indiscretion last year. Hoping to see Riley and Cmac for St. Cloud next weekend. Talk about a SNIPE from Mason tonight, team will look pretty solid when they get their other forewards back.
                            One game. It was the home opener vs St Cloud. So hopefully that's all the other two boys get, but who knows? Haven't heard anything about what they did.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                              One game. It was the home opener vs St Cloud. So hopefully that's all the other two boys get, but who knows? Haven't heard anything about what they did.
                              Rumor around campus is run of the mill underage drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                Rumor around campus is run of the mill underage drinking.
                                Well that's shenanigans, they're 19! They're allowed to drink (in their home country) . As long as they didn't steal a purse, I say let them come back tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X