Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
    About time. Wonder if they're available online??
    Doubt it, that online store is updated about once a year. Also, I think I read on HT earlier this year that they are only going to have the two white jerseys. I'm probably going to swing by at some point today to take a look at them. This was on the Goggin facebook page:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5...5201934023.jpg
    Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-24-2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
      Not really digging this week's brackets....Miami Denver Wisconsin and Merrimack - would be the region of death.

Has anyone actually seen Merrimack play? I know the media loves them, but I know nothing about the team or school.

Also, i find it amusing that INCH.com has Miami #6 this week - 4 spots ahead of both Michigan and ND. in fact, they rank the top 3 teams in the CCHA in reverse order....really?! are you THAT out of touch?! I can see us being ahead (slightly) UM, but ND played really well @ Miami and has had a better season. just makes me chuckle.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Poll...polls_0921.htm
      Merrimack is very solid. The plus for Miami, and where they have the biggest advantage, is they are a veteran team that has been to two straight frozen fours. Merrimack hasn't been to the tournament in many years so it is a new experience for all of those players. the moment may be to big for them. Merrimack can score in bunches too, I saw them play on tv against UNH and they out played them, would be a great matchup.

As for INCH.com's rankings, they are the most realistic rankings out there. They take into account how you are currently playing along with your record and results. Miami is a better team than both Michigan and Notre Dame. Both may be ahead of them in the standings but I chalk that up to, and I would assume they do too, Miami hitting a slump in the middle of the year. But outside of them being ECAC homers they do the best job ranking teams appropriately.

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
      Well, although we split with ND on the season, we do hold the advantage in goals for/against on them and # of 3rd period leads lost

Big weekend here, even though we can't get our regular season banner back, some losses by Michigan (to keep NMU a TUC) and ND (to give us that comparison) would be huge. The ND/OSU series is kinda a catch 22. But I think its more likely that OSU stays up then drops off from the TUC mark.
      Not sure how the ND/OSU series is a catch 22, its pretty straight forward. GO ND! Osu can very easily drop out as a TUC with a split, but Miami is far better off having OSU out as a TUC than in. If Miami sweeps lake, it doesn't matter what ND does because Miami will be fine. Having OSU in as a TUC hurts Miami against ND and Mich because of their records against them. You never want a team who has beaten you twice to hang around as a TUC. Ideally you want NMU to stay in, OSU to drop out, and Miami sweep. If that all happens and half the other teams I listed below win Miami makes some big leaps in the PWR.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

• Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
        Merrimack is very solid. The plus for Miami, and where they have the biggest advantage, is they are a veteran team that has been to two straight frozen fours. Merrimack hasn't been to the tournament in many years so it is a new experience for all of those players. the moment may be to big for them. Merrimack can score in bunches too, I saw them play on tv against UNH and they out played them, would be a great matchup.

As for INCH.com's rankings, they are the most realistic rankings out there. They take into account how you are currently playing along with your record and results. Miami is a better team than both Michigan and Notre Dame. Both may be ahead of them in the standings but I chalk that up to, and I would assume they do too, Miami hitting a slump in the middle of the year. But outside of them being ECAC homers they do the best job ranking teams appropriately.

Not sure how the ND/OSU series is a catch 22, its pretty straight forward. GO ND! Osu can very easily drop out as a TUC with a split, but Miami is far better off having OSU out as a TUC than in. If Miami sweeps lake, it doesn't matter what ND does because Miami will be fine. Having OSU in as a TUC hurts Miami against ND and Mich because of their records against them. You never want a team who has beaten you twice to hang around as a TUC. Ideally you want NMU to stay in, OSU to drop out, and Miami sweep. If that all happens and half the other teams I listed below win Miami makes some big leaps in the PWR.
        I blew it anyways. Its Ferris osu. So go Ferris and western, who plays nd.

Comment

And now a Camper for Hobey video appears, looks to be made by the same guy that did the Miels video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_evLfAlj0

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            I blew it anyways. Its Ferris osu. So go Ferris and western, who plays nd.
            LOL yea I just noticed that too and came on to retrack some. Your assumption is correct, OSU right now is the last team as a TUC after their tie last night. Ferris being in doesn't help us either but OSU is closer to being out so you got it right go Ferris and Western!
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              LOL yea I just noticed that too and came on to retrack some. Your assumption is correct, OSU right now is the last team as a TUC after their tie last night. Ferris being in doesn't help us either but OSU is closer to being out so you got it right go Ferris and Western!
              Definitely...go Ferris for TUC status and, well, OSU should always lose.
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Looks like a nice performance tonight. Hope it keeps up tomorrow and we're firing on all cylinders at the right time of the year
                The hirsch with 22 points now too. Come onnnn 3 points tomorrow.

Comment

I didn't get to see any of the game but it seemed like every time I checked the score we had another goal. Just checking the box score I noticed that we scored early in all 3 periods. That's a very good sign!

Comment

"Smith fired nine shots – giving him 74 on the season – and two hit the net, leading me to think hockey is quite an easy sport to analyze: Just have Smith shoot nine times a game and two will go in. Back to the real world…" ~John Lachmann
                    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Things really broke our way last night. But, again, we have to keep winning so hopefully the guys have a short memory. The win tonight going into another bye is critical since we don't play next week while several teams around us will continue to play. ECAC is beginning to show signs of cracking.

Comment

So wandered into dubois today and what did I find? Bauer replica away jerseys, same quality as the old Nike ones, $99. Whoop whoop whoop

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6563/imag0154l.jpg
                        Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-26-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

*****http://www.thevillager.com/villager_135/sweep.gif******

Comment

Man, it's gotta be tough losing the regular season title on the final night. Wonder what that might do to the psyche of a young, young team. Ah, the Crying Irish... #fail

Comment

Man, it's gotta be tough losing the regular season title on the final night. Wonder what that might do to the psyche of a young, young team. Ah, the Crying Irish... #fail
                              like!

Comment

Things really broke our way last night. But, again, we have to keep winning so hopefully the guys have a short memory. The win tonight going into another bye is critical since we don't play next week while several teams around us will continue to play. ECAC is beginning to show signs of cracking.
                                thats because the ECAC is the most overrated conference in the history of college hockey...

Also listened to the Lake st. broadcast last night, wanted to hear a different perspective but mainly our play by play guy is awful, and they have by far the least hockey educated announcers I have ever heard. The garbage that came out of both of their mouths were, to be honest embarassing, yet really funny. I know a lot of college announcers are homers but they took it to a whole new level. A guy sneezed in the crowd and they called langseth horrible for not calling a penalty. I couldn't believe how clueless they really were and the fact they actually said the only thing that seperated Miami and Lake st. was that Miami was just lucky is laughable. Had to share with all because frankly I couldn't believe what I was hearing lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X