Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Woooooop Woooooop Wooooooop.

Sweep the leg tomorrow night.

Comment

• Rico needs to send a replay of that hit at 1753 of the third. What an assclown. Slammed vinny's head into the boards. That hit warrants a suspension
      Last edited by mcfarljd; 02-05-2011, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        Rico needs to send a replay of that hit at 1753 of the third. What an assclown. Slammed vinny's head into the boards. That hit warrants a suspension
        It warranted a major penalty but it really wasn't that violent of a hit. Saw it live and several replays, Loverde imbelished it a little. Regardless a really dumb play by Wohlberg that late in the game.

One of the very few times this year this team played its lock down defensive game we know they are able to play. What an atmosphere last night and a great win. Expect a lot of emotion tonight with it being Brendan Burke night. Got to meet Mr. Burke last night and he is a fantastic guy.

Got to believe cody will be in net tonight, one of the best goaltending performances I have seen out of him. I know the second goal was weak but it is explainable, quick shot that he didn't expect. I give more credit to the Michigan player on the shot.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
          Heading down to Oxford tomorrow afternoon. I haven't been able to make it to any games since that wonderful series in Columbus one month ago. I hope that this weekend turns out significantly better than that one. Can I get two wins for my birthday, please?

Go RedHawks!
          If they lose its all your fault!!! lol

When looking at the PWR Miami is in better shape than what meets the eye. They have a better RPI than two of the three teams immediately ahead of them. Western must of ****ed off the scheduling gods because they have Notre dame, Miami, and Michigan to end the year so good chance they drop out. Also if Ohio st. keeps lossing and they drop out as a TUC that would give Miami the edge against a couple teams in the record vs TUC category. So a win tonight would be fantastic, but it isn't a must. Now next weekend is a different story, they could catch Western but they can't catch Michigan in the PWR.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Andy Miele (aka Hobey) is playing lights out. If he hadn't even scored a goal this season, he would be tied for 7th in the country in scoring with Reilly Smith and 38 assists.

Comment

Most dominant performance of the year hands down tonight by Miami. Couple notes of interest. Miami has now swept two straight regular season series against Michigan and have won 5 of the last 6 meetings against Michigan. Miami jumped from 20 in the PWR going into the weekend up to 14. Their RPI went up a full point. If scores of the St. Cloud-Omaha game (3-0 St. cloud) and Yale-Dartmouth (3-2 Yale) hold right now Miami would be inside the top 15 of the PWR which is a monumental feat considering where they were a week ago. Also Michigan droped from 6 in the PWR to 13 after this weekend. And lastly Andy Miele has 21 points in Miami's last 10 games...

With all that said Miami has now finally put themselves in a great position in regards to the post season. Western is still ahead of Miami in the PWR, however, Western finishes the year with series against Miami, Notre Dame, and Michigan. Sad thing is the top 4 teams in the CCHA are all bunched together in the PWR and it looks that only 3 will get in. Western has the toughest road by far so it will definantly be an interesting finish to the season.

Comment

Two W's that were SORELY needed. Now, gotta keep it going next week vs. WMU if we want to get into the tourney.
                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

2 very nice games this weekend, Miami!
                  Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                  Courage to change the things I can,
                  And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

TEAM defense last afternoon was outstanding!! I counted at least 5 diving poke checks to get the puck out of the zone. We were physical on the blue line, and everyone finished their checks.

You cant say enough about how well Miele played all weekend. Aside from the plethora of points, his effort and leadership definitely inspired the team. It seemed like everyone stepped up and made a big play when the team needed it. The Hirsch single handedly killing 30 seconds off the Michigan powerplay on friday and Cody bailing us out on some breakdowns are the types of plays that have been missing all year.

Even though it was the usual crew producing the offense, this weekend was the best TEAM performance of the season. I hope the Hawks continue to compete for the entire 60 minutes every night!

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                      TEAM defense last afternoon was outstanding!! I counted at least 5 diving poke checks to get the puck out of the zone. We were physical on the blue line, and everyone finished their checks.

You cant say enough about how well Miele played all weekend. Aside from the plethora of points, his effort and leadership definitely inspired the team. It seemed like everyone stepped up and made a big play when the team needed it. The Hirsch single handedly killing 30 seconds off the Michigan powerplay on friday and Cody bailing us out on some breakdowns are the types of plays that have been missing all year.

Even though it was the usual crew producing the offense, this weekend was the best TEAM performance of the season. I hope the Hawks continue to compete for the entire 60 minutes every night!
                      Definitely a team effort. That said, Michigan seems to be fighting it right now so we shouldn't get too high over this except to say those two wins were badly needed. We have to keep it going next weekend against WMU. Two games we should win, especially against a team not used to being "in it" this late in the season...and, we're at home.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                        Definitely a team effort. That said, Michigan seems to be fighting it right now so we shouldn't get too high over this except to say those two wins were badly needed. We have to keep it going next weekend against WMU. Two games we should win, especially against a team not used to being "in it" this late in the season...and, we're at home.
                        I wouldn't call Michigan's performance friday "fighting it" they out played Miami in every facet expect special teams. Miami bent but didn't break friday night and earned a win. Saturday all the chips were stacked against them with the Burke ceremonies. Miami was a team on a mission. Going to have to disagree with you in that aspect regarding Michigan. I think more credit needs to go to Miami, they did all the right things.

Comment

• Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          I wouldn't call Michigan's performance friday "fighting it" they out played Miami in every facet expect special teams. Miami bent but didn't break friday night and earned a win. Saturday all the chips were stacked against them with the Burke ceremonies. Miami was a team on a mission. Going to have to disagree with you in that aspect regarding Michigan. I think more credit needs to go to Miami, they did all the right things.
                          Yeah Friday if it weren't for us having one of the top special teams in the country I don't know how that one turns out for us. Outplayed but good teams still find a way to win those games, and that's what we finally did. I did like some of the intensity on D though. LOTS of blocked shots this past weekend. Still some things to work on but a much needed and well earned sweep. Let's keep it up the next couple weeks. Still an outside chance to get our regular season title back.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                            Do some research! You deserve that.

Michigan has only scored 3 goals in their past three games. They're definitely fighting it -- at least a little right now.

Comment

Miele and Reichard named CCHA Offensive Player and Goaltender of the Week, respectively.

www.ccha.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                                Do some research! You deserve that.

Michigan has only scored 3 goals in their past three games. They're definitely fighting it -- at least a little right now.
                                Oooooo sonnnnn...If we only posted half the crap we said to each other this thread would be far more entertaining.

That being said. You said Michigan seems to be fighting it, in terms of coming into the weekend. You asked for research and you got it. In Michigans previos 5 games coming into the Miami series they scored a total of 16 goals for a 3.2 gpg average. that is hardly fighting it. They came to oxford and faced a team that flat out wanted it more than them and found a way to win friday and flat out dominated them on saturday. There for I would tend to give more credit to Miami's performance this weekend than saying Michigan is fighting it. I would agree with you if Michigan hadn't played well and scored in bunches coming into the weekend. But them getting out played saturday and out willed friday (and lets face it if it wasn't for cody they would of scored a lot of goals, they were by far the better team) so I think more credit goes to Miami's play and less blame on michigan.

HA! I win! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X