Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Heyyyyyy there's another one of our fans .

Definitely agree that Cannone getting a letter is a good move, like I said on MHT he was the only person who was visibly ****ed during the Columbus series. Someone needed to step up and be the vocal leader and he may be the man for the job hopefully. Didn't think Murph was coming with how much time he has been out in Ann Arbor. Benny doesn't look like a bad addition. A guy who is great in his own zone, with all the firepower we're set to bring up front in the next couple years he should be solid. And how about The Hirschfeld. He only needs 8 more points

Big stretch of games coming up, not only in the conference, but with our PWR. Still control our own destiny, lets get another league championship first before the playoffs start.
    At this point we need to win more third periods than we lose, could care less who gets the points. But don't look to fast, Smith is climbing the national stat's board rapidly.

I don't post much on here for a couple reasons, one I can't/won't list but another is it has gotten pretty ridiculous at times and the hockey competence has dimished.

Miami did get a nice break with the new guideline sent down by the NCAA selection committe expanding the TUC's from the top 25 to anyone with a RPI record over .500. With the couple bad losses Miami has had expanding the TUC's will be beneficial.

As for the recruits, Murphy's back injury is far more serious than most people know about. At this point if he ever puts on a Miami sweater that will be a plus. They need to sign atleast another defenseman, slim pickens out their at this point though. Top choices have already gone elsewhere.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I'll be in East Lansing for both games this weekend. First time I've seen them in person this year. Go RedHawks!
      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
        I don't post much on here for a couple reasons, one I can't/won't list but another is it has gotten pretty ridiculous at times and the hockey competence has dimished.

But RHM, I have had so little reading material without your typical presence on the board!

A sweep would be nice this weekend. Michigan State may be in 10th place, but Miami certainly hasn't been playing well enough lately (particularly in the 3rd, as has been mentioned already) for me to feel confident in a 5-6 point weekend against anyone right now. Wish I was headed up to East Lansing with 95 as originally planned but in the interest of saving some money, I'll be watching from Columbus on Friday and listening on Saturday for lack of Comcast.

Go RedHawks!
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

This whole work thing is really putting a crimp on my Hawkey watching....gggrrr!!!!!!
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Let's go big red skinned warriors. Had a good amount of success at the Munn recently. Need at least a split this weekend. Hoping the boys can come out and play a full 60 each night and get some contribution from the third and fourth lines. Miels and camper tied for the scoring lead in the country now with Andy having a hot hand recently. And some canuck named Reilly.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              Let's go big red skinned warriors. Had a good amount of success at the Munn recently. Need at least a split this weekend. Hoping the boys can come out and play a full 60 each night and get some contribution from the third and fourth lines. Miels and camper tied for the scoring lead in the country now with Andy having a hot hand recently. And some canuck named Reilly.
              Hodge does not approve of your opening sentence, nor of the Indian calling going on at bdubs eight now. Rough start for the D tonight, hopefully they calm down a bit. Miele for hobey.

Comment

• Dear Spartans, you're welcome for the win. Glad we could help.
                Sincerely, Cody and connor.

Seriously, how many soft goals do we have to give up before one goalie says enough is enough.

Comment

If you guys dont get it turned around quick you won't be able to have your season ended horribly by a Boston team next spring!! Wake up!
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                    I'll be in East Lansing for both games this weekend. First time I've seen them in person this year. Go RedHawks!
                    Hope you bring some waffles to the rink tonight. Gotta make sure the boys are getting their breakfast.

*****http://bestofmotherearth.com/files/2010/02/eggo.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Dear Spartans, you're welcome for the win. Glad we could help.
                      Sincerely, Cody and connor.

Seriously, how many soft goals do we have to give up before one goalie says enough is enough.
                      Please tell me you are kidding....First two were brutal turnovers and cody was hung out to dry. Then a 5x3 goal. He gave up ONE soft goal...His team plays half way decent in front of him they win. Guy has given up 1 goal or less in 4 of his last 5 games...but man he has been awful lately...c'mon jd don't be so reactionary watch things closely...

Also kudos to Coach blasi for laying down the hammer tonight. 4 guys that are sitting were embarrassing last night. Weber and Schilling directly caused two goals last night. Hopefully they get the message because they are better than this and will have to be better if this team is to make the tournament. Its great to have a head coach that won't get walked all over and hold these men accountable for their actions.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Good on Rico for sending a strong message, and good on those who dressed for playing a great game tonight. Terrific bounce back for Connor, easily his best game since Fort Wayne.

Here's to hoping we see this continue during the biggest 4 game stretch of the season coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                          Good on Rico for sending a strong message, and good on those who dressed for playing a great game tonight. Terrific bounce back for Connor, easily his best game since Fort Wayne.

Here's to hoping we see this continue during the biggest 4 game stretch of the season coming up.
                          amen.

Its great to see connor play well. Guy has had a really tough year and he never really got started. Just feel for him because of what he has gone through in his personal life. Hope he can feed off this performance and get hot.

Comment

Can someone fill me in on Conner's situation? Being so far away, I haven't been able to track everything.
                            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                              Can someone fill me in on Conner's situation? Being so far away, I haven't been able to track everything.
                              A family problem right before the season started. It was amazing that he was able to even play so well at the beginnkng of the season

Comment

Apparently we were so rough on Michigan State this past Saturday that their coach is callin' it quits.
                                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X