Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Hey remember when we said if Cody has another bad game it might be time to go full time with Knapp. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Hey remember when we said if Cody has another bad game it might be time to go full time with Knapp. Lol.
      Where's whitacre when we need him

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        Where's whitacre when we need him
        Screw that, Saksa all the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          Screw that, Saksa all the way.
          I'd say try to play with six skaters but we haven't scored an extra attacker goal since the old Goggin it seems. We've sure given up about 30 ourselves though.

Comment

I've been telling the wife for a long time now that maybe it's time to go with Cody full time. But that's another topic. Not sure goal tending is the problem here. They seem to rest on their laurels after getting a lead and lose their legs late in the game. (Not to mention stinkin up the ice after the holiday break the last couple of years, maybe the boys should be banned from seeing their girlfriends on Christmas. Makes legs weak ya know )How many 3rd periods have we lost this year? I think it's time Rico takes a play out of Herb Brooks philosophy: "Either give it me in the game or I'll take it from you during practice. One way or the other, I'm gonna get it from ya." This senior class was supposed to be the creme de la creme of Miami hockey. Not taking anything away from their accomplishments but last year's performance (and the year before) won't get you into tourney this year. Things keep going the way they are, the boys will be watching the show from their dorms.
            You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
            GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              Certainly. I think this may be less swoon and more OSU is a much different (and improved) team since we last played them. Though we may have had a SOG advantage, it certainly seemed an even matchup, unlike many games in recent years.
              I take it back. Swoooooooooooooooooooooon.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              I must respectfully disagree about the game last night being "boring". Both teams played with intensity and skated hard with Miami having a lot of near misses. A lot of animosity between these two programs which makes for good hockey and large contingent of fans from both schools on hand to encourage their teams. I would still claim this even if Miami had the 1-0 win instead of OSU. The only element I see that was missing that I assume generated such an opinion was more goals. Good luck to both teams tonight and hope it's a real battle.
              Fair enough. Certainly a matter of opinion. I still was bored out of my mind during Friday's game, even before OSU took the lead. Last night's game, on the other hand, seemed much more fast-paced and exciting (and, yes, more goals). Even when OSU began handing it to us in the 3rd, it was still a more exciting game than Friday. Again, part of that may have to do with the larger crowd atmosphere (particularly the larger Miami contingent sitting around me).

I don't even want to discuss the game itself, though. I'll just say congrats to OSU and hope that we have a chance later this season to pay them back for it.
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Given Connor Murphy's problems with getting on the ice this season, this kid may wind up in Oxford next year to offset the chance of someone leaving early.

Ben Paulides, D, Youngstown Phantoms. New Miami commit today.

Comment

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=67005

The top American skater and #5 overall? Tyler Biggs.

#56 Sean Kuraly

#89 Austin Czarnik

#163 Matthew Caito

Limited Viewing Connor Murphy

#15 North American goalie Jay Williams

Comment

So do we feel about a potential full line of captains this evening with Mr. Cannone being named co-captain. Hopefully someone is loosing an "A" or this might get a tad ridiculous. Everyone on MHT was saying that Cannone was the only player showing any emotion on the bench last weekend so if that was the case I'm defiantly behind the decision, anything to get this team playing.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      So do we feel about a potential full line of captains this evening with Mr. Cannone being named co-captain. Hopefully someone is loosing an "A" or this might get a tad ridiculous. Everyone on MHT was saying that Cannone was the only player showing any emotion on the bench last weekend so if that was the case I'm defiantly behind the decision, anything to get this team playing.
                      I'm a fan of that idea. It does like very odd, 2 captains and 3 assistants now, but we need someone to get on the boys when they're playing like ****, and if he's the man for the job then so be it.

Good game tonight, great shorthanded chances, VAIVE stoned on 2 breakaways (shoot it next time man, don't try to go five hole). Keep the momentum coming tomorrow and get another much needed 3 points.

Comment

Cody in net

Comment

That was kind of a shocker. Beginning of the season Knapp was the rock in net while Cody had some weak performances, but still was able to get Ws thanks to offensive support. Knapp has given up a couple gifts the past two weekends, but remember he's also the guy who stopped near 60 shots against Michigan in Fort Wayne last year, Reich on the otherhand didn't fair so well the week earlier at the Joe.

Comment

That was kind of a shocker. Beginning of the season Knapp was the rock in net while Cody had some weak performances, but still was able to get Ws thanks to offensive support. Knapp has given up a couple gifts the past two weekends, but remember he's also the guy who stopped near 60 shots against Michigan in Fort Wayne last year, Reich on the otherhand didn't fair so well the week earlier at the Joe.
                            Really? Kind of a shocker that cody played both nights? Not sure if its long term but guy losses a game giving up 4 goals on 11 shots, then 3 straight in the third period to lose he is going to get a weekend off. Schocker would of been if knapped played.

I'm a fan of that idea. It does like very odd, 2 captains and 3 assistants now, but we need someone to get on the boys when they're playing like ****, and if he's the man for the job then so be it.

Good game tonight, great shorthanded chances, VAIVE stoned on 2 breakaways (shoot it next time man, don't try to go five hole). Keep the momentum coming tomorrow and get another much needed 3 points.
                            Huh seems like before the season a few of us said leadership was a concern....Ive said it every week, their is a reason they lose third periods. Talent isn't the issue. Good to see Rico make the change, he gave the current group a chance and they couldn't get it done. Fresh face will be good. Also no one mentioned the new helmet look this weekend. Numbers on the sides of the helmets and the hawk logo on the back, whatever works.

Given Connor Murphy's problems with getting on the ice this season, this kid may wind up in Oxford next year to offset the chance of someone leaving early.

Ben Paulides, D, Youngstown Phantoms. New Miami commit today.
                            Murphy is not coiming in next season. He won't be on campus until '12 if at all. Back is really screwed up, he hasn't played much in the last two years. Which is why the signed paulides...kind of desperate, need atleast one more D man for next season but they have lost their top two choices to other schools.
                            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                              Really? Kind of a shocker that cody played both nights? Not sure if its long term but guy losses a game giving up 4 goals on 11 shots, then 3 straight in the third period to lose he is going to get a weekend off. Schocker would of been if knapped played.

Huh seems like before the season a few of us said leadership was a concern....Ive said it every week, their is a reason they lose third periods. Talent isn't the issue. Good to see Rico make the change, he gave the current group a chance and they couldn't get it done. Fresh face will be good. Also no one mentioned the new helmet look this weekend. Numbers on the sides of the helmets and the hawk logo on the back, whatever works.

Murphy is not coiming in next season. He won't be on campus until '12 if at all. Back is really screwed up, he hasn't played much in the last two years. Which is why the signed paulides...kind of desperate, need atleast one more D man for next season but they have lost their top two choices to other schools.
                              Heyyyyyy there's another one of our fans .

Definitely agree that Cannone getting a letter is a good move, like I said on MHT he was the only person who was visibly ****ed during the Columbus series. Someone needed to step up and be the vocal leader and he may be the man for the job hopefully. Didn't think Murph was coming with how much time he has been out in Ann Arbor. Benny doesn't look like a bad addition. A guy who is great in his own zone, with all the firepower we're set to bring up front in the next couple years he should be solid. And how about The Hirschfeld. He only needs 8 more points

Big stretch of games coming up, not only in the conference, but with our PWR. Still control our own destiny, lets get another league championship first before the playoffs start.

Comment

Looks like its official. Garland and Hodge really screwed us on this one.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/colle...tness-complete

Comment

Working...
                                X