Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

RHM, I think Biggs and Mullin are the only two possibles. Also, I believe Coleman is too old because he is a late-in-the-year birthday(November?). Murphy has the health issues, and Gacek is just getting back, so he has catching up to do. Can't see Kuraly. Don't know if Mullin would get a look or not; I hope so, but I would be surprised if he did.

Comment

• 13-2-2.

Our record in the last 17 games against the bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        13-2-2.

Our record in the last 17 games against the bucks.
        I will talk about hockey after Miami's first bowl win in ... what? 8 years?

Go Hawks! Beat those Blue Raiders!
        Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
          I will talk about hockey after Miami's first bowl win in ... what? 8 years?

Go Hawks! Beat those Blue Raiders!
          Sports center showed them in the locker room earlier checking out the new digs for the game. Those look awesome. Need to start throwing tomahawk stickers on the helmets again since, well, we invented that.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            Sports center showed them in the locker room earlier checking out the new digs for the game. Those look awesome. Need to start throwing tomahawk stickers on the helmets again since, well, we invented that.
            Did we really? Thats legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              Did we really? Thats legit.
              Just like Al gore and manbearpig. I'm being super cereal.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_was_the_first_college_football_team_to_award_h elmet_stickers_for_exceptional_play

Comment

Just like Al gore and manbearpig. I'm being super cereal.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_was_th...ceptional_play
                That actually does ring a bell now. We need to stop leaving all these points on the field, good thing MTSU's QB is playing for us in the 2nd half.

Comment

The Maine game was a clever deception...well played swoon...well played.

That was painful to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    The Maine game was a clever deception...well played swoon...well played.

That was painful to watch.
                    Whats worse... How long would this swoon be, especially with BG and Mich State coming up...

I wouldn't consider this being a part of it, dropping games in the next weekend would be swoon worthy though.

Comment

Whats worse... How long would this swoon be, especially with BG and Mich State coming up...

I wouldn't consider this being a part of it, dropping games in the next weekend would be swoon worthy though.
                      Certainly. I think this may be less swoon and more OSU is a much different (and improved) team since we last played them. Though we may have had a SOG advantage, it certainly seemed an even matchup, unlike many games in recent years.

Bottom line: I thought the game was...boring. Just like that 0-0 tie last year, regardless of outcome, I felt like taking a nap. I don't know if it's the atmosphere in Value City Arena, ice quality, or if it's actually the way we play them when we're up in Columbus, but there just seems to be something element missing that leads to (IMO) boring hockey on both ends. Nonetheless, I'd like to win these games, boring or not. :P

Here's to a more exciting game and a Miami victory tonight! Go RedHawks!
                      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

another tough loss for "the brotherhood". I guess Mr. Bean will be at the mall buying more suits today...
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                          Certainly. I think this may be less swoon and more OSU is a much different (and improved) team since we last played them. Though we may have had a SOG advantage, it certainly seemed an even matchup, unlike many games in recent years.

Bottom line: I thought the game was...boring.

Here's to a more exciting game and a Miami victory tonight!
                          I must respectfully disagree about the game last night being "boring". Both teams played with intensity and skated hard with Miami having a lot of near misses. A lot of animosity between these two programs which makes for good hockey and large contingent of fans from both schools on hand to encourage their teams. I would still claim this even if Miami had the 1-0 win instead of OSU. The only element I see that was missing that I assume generated such an opinion was more goals. Good luck to both teams tonight and hope it's a real battle.

Comment

Oh those post holiday day blues for the red and white strikes yet again.
                            You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                            GO HAWKS!

Comment

If hockey games were 40 minutes, it would be a lot easier to watch this team. What a flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                                Oh those post holiday day blues for the red and white strikes yet again.
                                With the lack of effort tonight when it mattered. And the big man tieslung being double shifted (seriously why is he getting ice time now after proving to have no hockey sense). Time to hang em up boys. Its been a fun run but if this continues we're staying home this March.

Comment

Working...
                                X