Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Spend 4 days coming up with that?
    Nope, just came to me. I was hoping to see BC or BU smoke "the brotherhood" again, but maybe Brown can this time.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Spend 4 days coming up with that?
      wouldn't waste too many breaths on monkey's....surprised he isnt thumping his chest because union finally won a game against a decent opponent.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
        wouldn't waste too many breaths on monkey's....surprised he is thumping his chest because union finally won a game against a decent opponent.
        It was Brown, not Union and unlike "someone", they didn't blow a big third period lead against BU

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          It was Brown, not Union and unlike "someone", they didn't blow a big third period lead against BU
          Have they even made the tournament this decade

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            Have they even made the tournament this decade
            No, but we've gotten DESTROYED by Boston College several times, too. Shared pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
              No, but we've gotten DESTROYED by Boston College several times, too. Shared pain.
              We could all hang out at the bar with Sioux fans then and pour salt in our wounds.

Comment

A few days away from our one and only 2010-11 regular season series with Ohio State...

The Buckeyes (10-8-1) are on a 4-game win streak with a series sweep of BGSU and wins over Vermont and Army to win the Catamount Cup.

The RedHawks (11-6-3) haven't been able to put a full weekend together since November 19-20 up in Bowling Green. Since then, they've split with WMU and ND, and in the Florida Classic defeated Maine and lost to SCSU.

Miami has definitely played a stronger schedule overall, but that doesn't mean much between these two teams. I think everyone can agree that we played better this past weekend than we have coming out of the break in recent memory, and if not for one abysmal night of goaltending, we'd have some hardware to show for it. Meanwhile, Ohio State seems to finally be finding their groove with Osiecki. They also get home ice, though that hasn't translated into much of fan advantage for them recently. Bottom line: I'm expecting some fun times and good hockey games.

Anyone else joining me in Columbus for this series? Through the MUAA, $10 gets you a ticket in the Miami section and BW3's pregame event with food each night! (link)

Go RedHawks!
                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Just bringing this onto this thread for those Miami fans that don't frequent HT.com:

Welcome home to Coach Don Treadwell. What a fantastic hire for the Miami football program!!!

"...proudly we shall ever hail thee,
                  Over all the land!"
                  Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                    Just bringing this onto this thread for those Miami fans that don't frequent HT.com:

Welcome home to Coach Don Treadwell. What a fantastic hire for the Miami football program!!!

"...proudly we shall ever hail thee,
                    Over all the land!"
                    Great hire, and I'm sure Hodge & B2 are breathing a huge sigh of relief that Haywood's debacle was Pitt's problem.

Comment

Great hire, and I'm sure Hodge & B2 are breathing a huge sigh of relief that Haywood's debacle was Pitt's problem.
                      The things you learn at Miami

Comment

Blake Coleman now leading the USHL in scoring (with four assists last night). Jimmy Mullin fourth in the league in scoring with fewer games than the other leaders because of the Junior A tourney he participated in. I lurk in MHT occasionally and there was a comment over there that Coleman is a little older (and undrafted). Well he is only three months older than Mullin. I believe both will be 19 year old freshman, although Mullin was drafted last year. Add to that that Coleman has good size and plenty of jam (believe me on that), and he could be the surprise of the class. I'm hoping that is the case and we get another Miami undrafted player who excels on and off the ice. We'll see.

Comment

Russia wins SO 4-3

Comment

• Didn't get to see the US Canada game tonight, but have to wonder if Jimmy could have helped them out. He's having a hell of a season in the U and was the best player for the US in the challenge a couple months back, although he was robbed of the MVP. Surprised he didn't get a camp invite.

Either way, its time to bring Oh-NO back to earth this weekend after their impressive 4 game win streak over BG Vermont and army........

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                              Blake Coleman now leading the USHL in scoring (with four assists last night). Jimmy Mullin fourth in the league in scoring with fewer games than the other leaders because of the Junior A tourney he participated in. I lurk in MHT occasionally and there was a comment over there that Coleman is a little older (and undrafted). Well he is only three months older than Mullin. I believe both will be 19 year old freshman, although Mullin was drafted last year. Add to that that Coleman has good size and plenty of jam (believe me on that), and he could be the surprise of the class. I'm hoping that is the case and we get another Miami undrafted player who excels on and off the ice. We'll see.
                              couldn't agree more. Anyone know of any commitments to a holiday tournament next season? Looking at things there could be 2 or 3 Miami guys invited to the US camp next year for the world juniors. Got to think Biggs would be almost a lock, but with the year Mullen is having he has to be on their radar along with gacek and possible coleman and kurlay...Just thinking out loud.
                              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

As much as Miami would miss those guys during a holiday tourney, I certainly would enjoy being able to root for some RedHawks while cheering on the USA!

Coming up to Columbus this weekend, RHM?
                                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X