Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Oh... And in CCHA blog's latest entry, they noticed the little things in hockey this past weekend.

Umm... haven't they led the nation in points since say, week 2?
    No more Big Chill to slooge over, time to look at other things, like statistics.

You can't blame Haywood for leaving, but man, if you want some entertainment, go to the Pitt Rivals board and read for 10 minutes. These guys are 2 steps away from the edge. I don't know that a fan-base has ever been so opposed to a hire. It truly is amazing how many variations of Miami Ohio these guys have come up with though. Clearly they know which Miami is being discussed yet I have seen

Miami (OH), Miami (Ohio), Miami University of Ohio, Miami of Ohio, Miami of OH, Miami Ohio, MU Ohio, UM of Ohio, UM Ohio...really quite the creative bunch at the University of Pittsburg (PA).

Not to mention the number of times they reference Haywood being from the MAC conference. Anyone want to go hit up the ATM machine next to the CAB building with me so we can put in our PIN numbers.
    Last edited by MUhawks628; 12-16-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
      When you're coaching football at Miami and a BCS school offers you a $1mil+ contract, you take it. If not now, he would get snapped up by someone bigger in the next year or two, anyway.

I want some TV for this Florida Classic shindig. Can't they at least throw together an internet video feed?? Jeesh.
      Let's have teams from Maine, Minnesota, New York and Ohio play in Florida during the holiday season and not broadcast it online, inspired idea. What kind of attendance does this thing get anyways?

Here's to no Rico swoon this season, let's not give all 40 OSU fans at the Schott something to cheer about come January.

Comment

• Great news.....

I found lokos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Eh, well once Hodge makes us become Oxford University, we can naturally take the Redskin moniker back right? How about this as a replacement scalp song? I hear Chief Illiniwek is available right now, he can do the dance.
          Oxford University of Ohio

Comment

Six points for Jimmy Mullin over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
              Yeah he's lighting it up in Fargo. Nice to see him and Coleman both in the top five of the U in most stats (goals, assists, points, +/-)

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                Biggs with an assist last night in Fargo against North Dakota. Its a big plus getting guys from the USNTDP with them playing a handfull of games against college teams.

side note, nice sweep by Western this weekend of Union. Maybe now INCH will quit overrating the ECAC....biggest Bias I have ever seen. Yale may be good, but lets be honest, play some decent teams and start bragging. Their schedule is an embarrassment and to rank the ECAC teams as high as they do is even more of an embarrassment.

my rant for the week. Just speak the truth.
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

It's more intriguing that Yale always moves up in the polls prior to them actually playing. They must look REALLY good in practice. Also, I was in tears from laughter a couple weeks ago when INCH.com put Union above both Michigan and Miami. Really?! I mean ... REALLY?!?! You cannot be friggin' serious!!! In what Bizzaro world is Union a better hockey team than - not just one - but both of those schools???? Answer: none - that world does not exist!

Okay i'm done.

Edited:
                  Okay I'm not done......

IT'S FLIPPING UNION!!!

I'm really done this time.....until later. maybe.
                  Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                    It's more intriguing that Yale always moves up in the polls prior to them actually playing. They must look REALLY good in practice. Also, I was in tears from laughter a couple weeks ago when INCH.com put Union above both Michigan and Miami. Really?! I mean ... REALLY?!?! You cannot be friggin' serious!!! In what Bizzaro world is Union a better hockey team than - not just one - but both of those schools???? Answer: none - that world does not exist!

Okay i'm done.

Edited:
                    Okay I'm not done......

IT'S FLIPPING UNION!!!

I'm really done this time.....until later. maybe.
                    Wow... What a regional of death this one would be.
                    Bridgeport
                    1 Yael vs 16 Robert Morris
                    8 Notre Dame vs 9 RPI

I guess that's the way to prepare for the post season. Load up on cupcakes, and pray like hell that you get more cupcakes in April.

Comment

I must say....that is a bracket I would want no part of. Truly as brutal as it gets.
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Some RedHawks increasing their ice time in the NHL. Last night's TOI for Boyle 30:06, for Greene 19:33, for Jones 15:30, and the surprise is Alec Martinez with 20:56 last night for the Kings.

Comment

I know this isn't directly related to the hockey program, but the Miami athletic department is taking a bit of beating in the Cincy papers/news/sports talk today due to their ticket policy for the Miami/UC basketball game.

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

I'd be more likely to write it off as UC fans whining, but seems there are upset Miami Alums as well:
                          Ouch
                          I received this email from a listener this morning:
                          To Brad Bates and the Miami Athletic Department:
                          I wanted to express my extreme disappointment with your handling of the Miami-UC game Tuesday night.
                          I'm a '89 graduate of Miami. I got off work early Tuesday because we had a rare free night as a family. I decided to take my three sons and their friend to the game. All four boys play youth basketball and have never been to a Miami game. I figured you couldn't beat a $10 general admission ticket to see the Redhawks play an undefeated UC team. I got to the ticket window and was informed that five tickets would not be $50, but instead $200! I about passed out. I was explained the decision by Miami to attach another game to the deal and make it a 2-game package for $40 a ticket. I stepped out of line and quickly tried to figure out what to do. It's the holidays and I simply could not afford to drop $200 to see a game...and maybe be able to make it out to another game later in the year. I had to explain to the four boys I simply did not have the money. We left. I wish you could have been a part of the conversation many fans were having as they also made the decision to walk away and go home last night. My holiday is now about the look of disappointment on the faces of the boys as we turned around and drove home. Trust me, I won't make the trip again.
                          Disappointed,
                          T.M.
                          I am a 2000 graduate of Miami (last class of Redskins!!!!!). I too was disappointed with the decision to be forced to buy 2 games, like everyone else. The fact that they were still trying to make people buy 2 games at the door is ridiculous. I was told that since I didn't know if I would make a another Miami basketball game, that I could "donate" my other game ticket. For a university that has struggled for years to get attendance (remember in the early 2000s they were threatened to be dropped to D 1-A for football, or whatever it is called now), they have effectively found a way to turn off fans and alumni.
                          I applaud UC for the deal they are offering fans right now for basketball. In fact, I bought 2 games, UConn and Louisville, and I am considering the Georgetown game. UC noticed a problem, and decided to address the issue. I voiced my opinion to Miami, I'm sure others did too, and it went ignored. I know I won't be making any trips in the near future to Miami for a sporting event. If they are not willing to listen to the fans and especially the alumni, then I have no reason to attend any sporting event there.
                          Just my thoughts. Sad it came to this point.
                          M.K.
                          Hope this deosn't carry over and impact hockey attendence.

FWIW, Lance is a big supporter of Coach and the hockey program, ofetn having him or team members on live.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                            I know this isn't directly related to the hockey program, but the Miami athletic department is taking a bit of beating in the Cincy papers/news/sports talk today due to their ticket policy for the Miami/UC basketball game.

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

I'd be more likely to write it off as UC fans whining, but seems there are upset Miami Alums as well:

Hope this deosn't carry over and impact hockey attendence.

FWIW, Lance is a big supporter of Coach and the hockey program, ofetn having him or team members on live.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!
                            That is...way to go Miami.

Comment

Union was exposed as a charade by their weekend's results in Kalamazoo. I saw the Friday night game, WMU way below their best efforts but still enough to put away the not-so-flying Dutchmen. Saturday was a more clear-cut WMU win. CCHA probably is as strong top-to-bottom this year as it's been in many years. That bodes for a most interesting league tourney, and one would think at least 3 teams in the ice dance.

Comment

Saw this over on MHT, thought it was worth reposting for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Very good piece on Brian Burke:

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/20...printable=true

Comment

Working...
                                X