Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Guys lets not panic. Yes its tough to lose a game, but boy we are losing to ranked teams. Outside of the loss to lake st. we haven't had a bad loss. 9-4-3 is a solid record. Still plenty of time to turn things around, a few adjustments here and there. I would much rather be where we are now than at this point come march. A split on the road to a Western team that is vastly underrated isn't bad. We may have more talent but they are still ranked and were at home. Can't expect to win every game fellas, so lets all take a deep breath and realize we are still ranked 6th in the country and in the top half of the conference. We still control our own destiny and have the talent and coaching staff that has done it before. No need to worry just yet, if we are having the same conversation in february then I would say worry but it technically isnt december yet so lets let it play out.

It is a great honor for Reilly, but I would say it is an extreme long shot for him to make the team. Not sure how many college kids got invited but don't think they have had more than 1 on a team if that.

With that said, with the talent we have coming in and all of the connections with the USNTDP we should expect more kids getting invited in the next couple years. That could be a good or bad thing, just may have to work the schedule accordingly in the next couple years.
    RHM...the voice of reason.

...wait...
    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post

...wait...
      Hahaha I know it probably comes as a surprise to all but its true, redeagle has had his influences on me.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Reilly being invited isn't that much of a shock I don't think. He's the leading scorer for the CCHA of those that are still eligible for the junior tourney. He only scored 9 points when he was on the super line with Camper and Miele, other than that he's been put on the 3rd or 4th to spread some scoring depth and still has 10 points there.

Comment

It has come to my attention that, though i graduated going on 3 years ago, Miami still needs me. Of Miami's 4 losses, I have watched 0. In fact, I have only seen 1 tie. I guess that means I have to watch all the games.
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

...wait...
            Beat me to it.

Comment

Hahaha I know it probably comes as a surprise to all but its true, redeagle has had his influences on me.
              Beat me to it.

Comment

It's way too early for this, but I was looking at St. Cloud's record. Eeeesh. They certainly haven't been as good as advertised and aren't doing us any favors in the PWR. Hopefully they catch fire later in the year because that road win isn't as impressive as it should be.

Comment

It's way too early for this, but I was looking at St. Cloud's record. Eeeesh. They certainly haven't been as good as advertised and aren't doing us any favors in the PWR. Hopefully they catch fire later in the year because that road win isn't as impressive as it should be.
                  True but Westerns is, who would of thought that in july?
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

A few interesting streaks on the line this weekend vs. the Irish. From muredhawks.com

The RedHawks control the all-time series with the Irish, 34-15-8, including 17-7-2 in Oxford. Miami has won six straight over Notre Dame, allowing just four goals during that stretch while pitching three shutouts. The `Hawks are also unbeaten in eight straight at home vs. UND (7-0-1).

And, I also read that Cody Reichard has never allowed a goal against Notre Dame in his two career starts. Can he make it 3-for-3 on Friday?

Need a sweep this weekend going into the three week break. Reminder to Pat Cannone...too much holiday cheer doesn't do your body well. He looked fat and out of shape when we played Robert Morris in Pittsburgh last year after the time off. But, who knows? Maybe it was just an off-night...

Another thing to keep in mind...all we heard about last year was Jeff Jackson's whining about injuries due to "dirty hits" from Miami. Of course that proved completely false given that several more of his players were injured in subsequent weeks vs several other squads. It appears he had a soft team last year. Wonder if any of that will be brought up this weekend?
                    Last edited by redhawk95; 12-02-2010, 08:19 AM.

Comment

True but Westerns is, who would of thought that in july?
                      True, but looking for OOC help I guess though it all helps overall SOS.

Comment

Here's an interesting read from North Dakota's beat writer for the Grand Forks Herald about possibly combining conferences in light of all the BTHC speculation. While I don't know if this is the solution, it's good to know guys like Jeff Jackson are out in front of this and that discussions are being held. I'm sure he and Rico will chat plenty this weekend.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=85689

Comment

Here's an interesting read from North Dakota's beat writer for the Grand Forks Herald about possibly combining conferences in light of all the BTHC speculation. While I don't know if this is the solution, it's good to know guys like Jeff Jackson are out in front of this and that discussions are being held. I'm sure he and Rico will chat plenty this weekend.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=85689
                          That'd be pretty awesome. I like the idea there of just playing one series with each team in your division and then playing the remaining teams, once every two years. There would definitely be some work to be done with logistics and trying to make the divisions equal in terms of difficulty, but that idea has some promise.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                            That'd be pretty awesome. I like the idea there of just playing one series with each team in your division and then playing the remaining teams, once every two years. There would definitely be some work to be done with logistics and trying to make the divisions equal in terms of difficulty, but that idea has some promise.

It wouldn't be done in terms of difficulty. This is a way to save the CCHA and is being pushed by CCHA schools. Jeff Jackson is the main source behind it because he doesn't want his former team in Lake St. to fold which is a very good possibility when a bthc alone forms.

Divisions would be primarily based on travel. The UP schools would be grouped together. Denver, CC, UNO, UND, and the two alaska's would be one division with the big ten schools the other. Splitting the other 12 teams would be somewhat difficult, but this is the last ditch effort to save programs from folding.

Comment

Definitely an idea fans could get behind, going to take a lot of concessions across the board to make it happen, but sounds as good as anything I've heard as a possible alternative to the formation of the evil empire (Lions and tigers and BTHC oh my).

On another note should be an early full house tonight at the Goggin. For the most part the student section crowds have been fantastic all year so hopefully its crazy in there come puck drop. Lines are around 2 pm size at 9 am, only time I will get up at 7 am on a Friday all year so here's to a great game tonight .

Go Hawks, Love & Honor!!

Comment

This is a way to save the CCHA and is being pushed by CCHA schools. Jeff Jackson is the main source behind it because he doesn't want his former team in Lake St. to fold which is a very good possibility when a bthc alone forms..
                                That sure makes him look nice.... But I think he is behind it because he is at Notre Dame and they are not in the BT.... I don't think he has done Guelph any favors lately

Comment

Working...
                                X