Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Alright, now to head back home for our biggest conference series yet. We have 2 games in hand on ND, so if we sweep we could find ourselves up 7 points for the time being (1 point if they win the 2 remaining), or be down 5 points, and potentially 11 points if they won the 2 in hand. Have the boys ready to play a full 120 this next weekend. No more lapses. Already 2 months into the season, and we have a lot of upperclassmen, can't afford to sleep through games anymore.
    Last edited by mcfarljd; 11-27-2010, 09:04 PM.

Comment

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=301127006

Redhawks everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        Alright, now to head back home for our biggest conference series yet. We have 2 games in hand on ND, so if we sweep we could find ourselves up 7 points for the time being (1 point if they win the 2 remaining), or be down 5 points, and potentially 11 points if they won the 2 in hand. Have the boys ready to play a full 120 this next weekend. No more lapses. Already 2 months into the season, and we have a lot of upperclassmen, can't afford to sleep through games anymore.
        Should be a good series. They are very young, and we're a veteran team. They lost and tied at North Dakota this weekend while we were giving away league points to an inferior opponent. A sweep would be helpful, but have to get at least one. I really don't know how good Notre Dame is yet. It might be more telling to catch this young team near the end of the season when their legs are tired or they are learning how to win games that really matter.
        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
          Should be a good series. They are very young, and we're a veteran team. They lost and tied at North Dakota this weekend while we were giving away league points to an inferior opponent. A sweep would be helpful, but have to get at least one. I really don't know how good Notre Dame is yet. It might be more telling to catch this young team near the end of the season when their legs are tired or they are learning how to win games that really matter.
          Both teams are coming in posting similar records, Miami at 9-4-3, ND at 9-4-2.

Miami is averaging 3.75 goals/game while allowing 2.12/game. Both those numbers are top 10 in the nation in their respective categories. The Irish are scoring nearly the same at 3.60 goals/game, but giving up 2.73/game.

Each teams penalty kill are very similar, Notre Dame killing 89.0% of their man down situations, Miami killing 89.2%. The powerplays are significantly different though, with Miami cashing in at 22.1%, Notre Dame at 14.1%. At that though, the Irish also do lead the nation in shorthanded goals at 7, Miami scoring 3 so far.

Miami is still led by the CCHA's top 3 leading points scorers, Camper (12-20--32), Miele (8-19--27), and Smith (11-8--19). Since moving to the fourth line two weekends ago Smith has 2-3--5 in that time.

Coincidentally, Notre Dame has the 4th-6th spots locked down in the CCHA scoring race, with TJ Tynan (8-10--18), Ryan Guentzel (2-15--17), and Ben Ryan (2-14--16).

Looks like Mike Johnson is the man between the pipes for the most part this season for the Irish, and is coming in with a 2.56 GAA and .911 Sv%.

Knapp statistically leads the RedHawks with a 1.79 GAA and .915 Sv%, but a record of 3-2-3 due to lack of goal support. Reichard has a record of 6-2-0, 2.31 GAA and .901 Sv%.

To update the "goal support" debate for the two Miami goalies, Knapp has now allowed 14 goals this season, Reichard with 19. The team has seemed to score well in the past two weekends with Knapp in net, Reichard now with 36 goals scored for him, Knapp with 24.

Comment

Also, in the past 18 games in this series, Miami holds a commanding edge at 13-2-3, including a recent 6 game winning streak.

Comment

Congrats to Reilly Smith on being invited to Canada's World Junior Selection camp!
              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                Congrats to Reilly Smith on being invited to Canada's World Junior Selection camp!
                That's awesome for Reilly, best of luck to him!

What is the time frame for the WJC, if he made the team he would just miss the tournament down in Florida and would be back for the restart of the CCHA season right?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  What is the time frame for the WJC, if he made the team he would just miss the tournament down in Florida and would be back for the restart of the CCHA season right?
                  Canada's camp is Dec 12-15 in Toronto. I would say he's an underdog to make the team, as many were surprised at his invite. The tournament runs Dec 26-Jan 5th, so he'd miss the Florida tournament. Assuming Canada makes it to the semi's, he'd be back to the team late on Thursday the 6th or early Friday the 7th. With Miami at Ohio State that weekend, it'd be unlikely he'd be in the lineup.
                  Best of luck to Reilly and the Red Hawks. If he makes the team, I look forward to seeing him lose to the US in the gold medal game!
                  "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

http://www.dailyfreepress.com/2.5502...sucks-1.931080

Don't know why, but this just made me laugh. Six years later and we still have the (Ohio) in the college hockey world, **** you ESPN.

The losses this weekend to Michigan and Miami (Ohio) (who, for its own sake, needs to shed the parentheses; they have inferiority written all over them) were a crushing way to start the year
                    Nevertheless, a funny read out of the Boston (of Massachusetts) University. I especially liked

We are feisty, disorganized, catching-up-to-the-times, grade-deflated, heavily overcharged on tuition, hung over, without a president, Uggs-wearing, iPod-carrying, T-riding, Boink-posing, self-indulging students who generally are too apathetic to fight for a cause.
                    If it were not for a certain game a couple years ago, I truly feel like BU and Miami students could be the best of friends

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Really? More dropped points to a team that we should have beat. Awesome. I better go stock up on those now banned in Ohio Four Lokos if I plan on listening to tomorrows game.
                      Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                      Wow, another lost 3rd period. (This time coupled with a lost 1st period) When will this turn around? Bet Blashill was thrilled though.
                      Guys lets not panic. Yes its tough to lose a game, but boy we are losing to ranked teams. Outside of the loss to lake st. we haven't had a bad loss. 9-4-3 is a solid record. Still plenty of time to turn things around, a few adjustments here and there. I would much rather be where we are now than at this point come march. A split on the road to a Western team that is vastly underrated isn't bad. We may have more talent but they are still ranked and were at home. Can't expect to win every game fellas, so lets all take a deep breath and realize we are still ranked 6th in the country and in the top half of the conference. We still control our own destiny and have the talent and coaching staff that has done it before. No need to worry just yet, if we are having the same conversation in february then I would say worry but it technically isnt december yet so lets let it play out.

It is a great honor for Reilly, but I would say it is an extreme long shot for him to make the team. Not sure how many college kids got invited but don't think they have had more than 1 on a team if that.

With that said, with the talent we have coming in and all of the connections with the USNTDP we should expect more kids getting invited in the next couple years. That could be a good or bad thing, just may have to work the schedule accordingly in the next couple years.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post

It is a great honor for Reilly, but I would say it is an extreme long shot for him to make the team. Not sure how many college kids got invited but don't think they have had more than 1 on a team if that.
                        I want to say its Reilly, a defensemen from Duluth and Riley Sheahan from ND

edit: http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=33764
                        Last edited by MUhawks628; 11-29-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post

With that said, with the talent we have coming in and all of the connections with the USNTDP we should expect more kids getting invited in the next couple years. That could be a good or bad thing, just may have to work the schedule accordingly in the next couple years.
                          Jaden Schwartz (CC), Riley Sheahan (Notre Dame) and Dylan Olsen (UMD) are the only other players currently on an ncaa roster to be invited. Brandon Pirri (RPI) and Louis Leblanc (Harvard) who both left their schools this summer got invites as well. Schwartz, Sheahan and Olsen have good shots to make the team. Last year, no college players made team Canada, and the year before Cody Goloubef made it from Wisconsin.

Comment

Best of luck to Reilly and the RedHawks. If he makes the team, I look forward to seeing him lose to the US in the gold medal game!
                            Haha! Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              I want to say its Reilly, a defensemen from Duluth and Riley Sheahan from ND

edit: http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=33764
                              Dylan Olsen I believe.

Comment

Jaden Schwartz (CC), Riley Sheahan (Notre Dame) and Dylan Olsen (UMD) are the only other players currently on an ncaa roster to be invited. Brandon Pirri (RPI) and Louis Leblanc (Harvard) who both left their schools this summer got invites as well. Schwartz, Sheahan and Olsen have good shots to make the team. Last year, no college players made team Canada, and the year before Cody Goloubef made it from Wisconsin.
                                Beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X