Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Dating back to 2000-01 vs. Northern Michigan

Before New Years: 7-1
    Only loss in the 2006-07 season

After New Years (including CCHA tournament games): 7-12-2
    CCHA tourney against NMU: 3-4
    Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 10-22-2010, 12:38 PM.
    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
      Dating back to 2000-01 vs. Northern Michigan

Before New Years: 7-1
      Only loss in the 2006-07 season

After New Years (including CCHA tournament games): 7-12-2
      CCHA tourney against NMU: 3-4
      thanks for that, about what I would of thought. Really interesting numbers!
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Good win tonight. Carter Camper is on a mission! Good defense, good tempo and the powerplay was functioning well. Need to get the sweep while these guys are in first half mode.
        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

I believe Hirschfeld was out of the lineup due to injury rather than any sort of discipline thing. Hopefully he gets well soon because if what we saw in the opening weekend was any indication of the type of season that he was going have, it would be great to have him sooner than later.
          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
            I believe Hirschfeld was out of the lineup due to injury rather than any sort of discipline thing. Hopefully he gets well soon because if what we saw in the opening weekend was any indication of the type of season that he was going have, it would be great to have him sooner than later.
            Hirsch has a separated shoulder (I think)

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Andy Miele with a 4 pt night as well which is encouraging as he started slow. But if he gets going with the way camper is playing, look out!

That is one of the best all around games I have seen Miami play since last fall. We saw spurts of it last saturday in St. Cloud but boy they really looked good last night.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Miami looked good in the second and third, not so much in the first, IMO. The only negative I saw was Miami had some trouble behind its own net a lot. That and Miami needs more scoring balance. I hope Hirschfeld is ok. Miele seems to have these games where he is amazing. But the highlight of the night for me was in the third when it was still just 2-0, Miami had a breakdown, either Reichard made a save or a blocked shot sent the puck squirting to Reichard's right. Nothing but net for the NMU guy (I was on the angle) and Camper made a great backcheck tieing up the guy's stick. Play of the game for me, especially for Camper to do it. If he keeps making plays in both ends, that will help this team a lot.

BG wins and is 2-3. Western 4-1. Hmmmmm.

Comment

• Hoping for some more spread out scoring, but Camps with a 7-5--12 line through only 5 games, man is that impressive. Looks like he's definitely showing his leadership on and off the ice.

Comment

Thoughts with Will, from people in the arena who saw the replay it sounds even worse then it looked from our vantage.

Comment

It appears that Will was slashed across the throat by a skate as the NMU player came down sprawling from the boards. Thoughts and prayers are with him and the team.
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Also - Conner must keep his focus. He hasn't faced a single shot through the first 17 minutes...has that ever happened before? no shots through an entire period, be it shortened or otherwise?
                        Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                          It appears that Will was slashed across the throat by a skate as the NMU player came down sprawling from the boards. Thoughts and prayers are with him and the team.
                          Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Thoughts with Will, from people in the arena who saw the replay it sounds even worse then it looked from our vantage.

Play happened in front of me. As the NMU player was falling over the top of Will his skate came down across his neck.

Spoke with some people. Will was air cared to cincinnati, he was awake when he arrived at the hospital in oxford. Kudos to the EMS at goggin, he went from the ice to the hospital in about 5 min. Good news is it missed his corroded artery but got his corroded vein. He lost a lot of blood but was talking on the phone to his mom on the flight.

Hope for a speedy recovery and very very thankfull it didn't turn out worse. Scary scary moment tonight.

On the bright side, boy did Miami look good tonight. You had the feeling after the injury NMU had no chance. Great games by Smith, camper, and Miele. Vogelhuber's goal was one of the nicest I have seen in a while. Also very nice to see 3rd stringer Ben Saska get into the game and stop a shot. Place went nuts when he came in and it was well deserved.

Comment

• Hopefully Will can get back on the ice soon and make a speedy recovery. What an all around effort by the boys tonight. Camper without a goal, but 5 assists! Miele with 4 and a goal. Rielly with a hattrick. Cannone and Miele both breaking the century mark. Good weekend of puck. Great start to the conference title defense. Hopefully the boys keep buzzing like they were tonight and make a special season out of this. Time will tell. And RHM, I'm sure you can make a bet with Wally tomorrow about the outcome of this game. Last time I saw him tonight, yeah, he still wouldn't know...

Comment

Prayers from the Porch gang go out to Will. Hope for a quick and complete recovery. You see this happen from time to time. Someone needs to invent a Kevlar turtle neck or something to keep this from happening.

BTW am I the only one who is completely thrilled that north dakota got swept this weekend? he he he.....Go U Maine Black Bears!!
                              Last edited by porch-n-suds; 10-23-2010, 11:47 PM.
                              You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                              GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                Hopefully Will can get back on the ice soon and make a speedy recovery. What an all around effort by the boys tonight. Camper without a goal, but 5 assists! Miele with 4 and a goal. Rielly with a hattrick. Cannone and Miele both breaking the century mark. Good weekend of puck. Great start to the conference title defense. Hopefully the boys keep buzzing like they were tonight and make a special season out of this. Time will tell. And RHM, I'm sure you can make a bet with Wally tomorrow about the outcome of this game. Last time I saw him tonight, yeah, he still wouldn't know...
                                I think I have abused that power enough from Wally, I would just feel bad if I did it again lol.

I haven't seen a dominating performance like that since Lake st. last year. Team is really playing well, don't forget Vogelhuber's two goals as well as one of the nicest goals I have seen in a long time. And that is saying a lot when you get to watch Miele every weekend.

One thing though, this might of been one of the best coaching jobs I have seen out of Rico. He probably won't get much credit but for his players to see what happened to Weber and to get them to focus on the task at hand and come out in the last two periods and do what they did is phenominal, IMO. That team could of easily folded after watching the horrific injury to their teammate. But to their credit and the coaching staff they got focused and took care of business. Just wanted to make that point because I haven't seen anyone else mention that.

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                                Prayers from the Porch gang go out to Will. Hope for a quick and complete recovery. You see this happen from time to time. Someone needs to invent a Kevlar turtle neck or something to keep this from happening.

BTW am I the only one who is completely thrilled that north dakota got swept this weekend? he he he.....Go U Maine Black Bears!!
                                If it wasn't a for the fact that its only week three maybe. But North Dakota typically starts slow and then goes on a run in the second half so its hard to get excited about them lossing twice when they are talented and will go on a run in the second half.

More importantly its challenging for Miami since they play Maine Dec. 29th in Florida.
                                Last edited by redhawkman10; 10-24-2010, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X