Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Glad to see them bounce back after the rough game 2 against UNH. Go Hawks!

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
      Glad to see them bounce back after the rough game 2 against UNH. Go Hawks!
      Who invited you?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        With the exception of the first 20 minutes

Seriously though, gutsy win tonight on the road against a really good opponent. Outplayed in the first 20, then come out and dominate from then on. Good job boys. Paluz with his first Miami goal. Come out tomorrow with the brooms. Hopefully we can get a good showing and a W for Knapp. He deserves it right now.
        Would expect the same line up as last night, so again no Hirschfeld.

Great start to the year by Camper. Leading the country in scoring after 3 games. Will only help guys like Miele, Smith, and Mckenzie when teams start cluing in on him.

And your right about Knapp, needs the boys to rally around him.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Made it over to Indy to see the Ice play Green Bay last night. Coleman, Wideman, Kuraly (ICE) and Czarnik and McKay (GB). Competitive game, not particularly well-played, IMO, but close and even territorially and on shots. McKay stopped 38 of 40 for the win for GB. Made some big stops when it mattered. Czarnik is feisty and played like Miele without all the dangling. Wideman looked pretty good at times and was on a line with Kuraly. Coleman was the quietest I have seen him, but he will hit people, just did not do as much as I expected. Kuraly quiet also. Czarnik and Wideman showed flashes and were very active.

Also, saw that Fiala headed to Western. Saw Barry Schutte and Marc Boxer there for you old timers.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
            Made it over to Indy to see the Ice play Green Bay last night. Coleman, Wideman, Kuraly (ICE) and Czarnik and McKay (GB). Competitive game, not particularly well-played, IMO, but close and even territorially and on shots. McKay stopped 38 of 40 for the win for GB. Made some big stops when it mattered. Czarnik is feisty and played like Miele without all the dangling. Wideman looked pretty good at times and was on a line with Kuraly. Coleman was the quietest I have seen him, but he will hit people, just did not do as much as I expected. Kuraly quiet also. Czarnik and Wideman showed flashes and were very active.

Also, saw that Fiala headed to Western. Saw Barry Schutte and Marc Boxer there for you old timers.
            Saw he went there too. Blash making some splashes at western. Interesting Schutte was there and not BG's game. Marc is doing well for himself in USA Hockey.

Thanks for the update, interesting take.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
              I doubt it's anything personal. The fact is, there are no season tickets available. If you didn't have season tickets at the old Goggin or tried to get them a few years ago, you're SOL. There is a waiting list, however. Call the season ticket office to try to get on it...
              I gotcha, thing is you didn't need season tickets at the old Goggin. I called 2 years ago to put my name on the waiting list and before the lady could tell me where I stood on the depth chart she asked me a couple of questions: "Are you an alumni?" "Are you a member of the Blue Line Club?" "Do you donate to the Red and White Club?" "Do you have season tickets to any other Miami sports team?" etc. etc. I'm number 462.

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              Your concern is valid and is noticeable at times. It was a little more evident on saturday because UNH scored 5 goals. But as a whole last year Miami dominated teams in the second and third periods if you look at the numbers. They have a tendancy to start slow. I would chalk some of this up to the feeling out process that takes place. Another reason I would contribute is teams make adjustments and may do something far different than they had the first night or first period and it may take the coaching staff 10-15 min to make their counter adjustments. If anything is a positive in this it is that Miami is far better than their opponents on average in the third period.
              Agreed.

As for your January concern, think that has been nixed the past few years. They did have an issue it seemed for a few years but the past two they have seemed to righten their ship.
              You mean like last year when Robert Morris gave us a post holiday sweeping?
              You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
              GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                Who invited you?
                I thought I was invited...?
                3-3 Never missed a home game

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                  I thought I was invited...?
                  3-3 Never missed a home game
                  You know I tease.

Don't know if anyone else watched the game last night, but from what we could could tell (it was kinda hard to see the puck) Connor looked solid. Would gave been great to get a win for him but he seemed to be playing with more confidence then last weekend. If Carter keeps this up we might be resurrecting the Camper for Hobey facebook groups before the end of the season. Anyways, could have been much worse coming out of these first couple weekends, bring on the CCHA
                  Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-17-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post

You mean like last year when Robert Morris gave us a post holiday sweeping?
                    touche, but look at what they did after that.

You know I tease.

Don't know if anyone else watched the game last night, but from what we could could tell (it was kinda hard to see the puck) Connor looked solid. Would gave been great to get a win for him but he seemed to be playing with more confidence then last weekend. If Carter keeps this up we might be resurrecting the Camper for Hobey facebook groups before the end of the season. Anyways, could have been much worse coming out of these first couple weekends, bring on the CCHA
                    you can no longer give me or anyone else anyone crap about typo's....

Comment

you can no longer give me or anyone else anyone crap about typo's....
                      Apparently I was drunk at 12:15 this afternoon. Who knew?

And you know it's just my way of showing my affection for you

Comment

Apparently I was drunk at 12:15 this afternoon. Who knew?
                        Is it friday yet? Apparently it is ridiculous to try to camp out a week before games.. weak

Comment

• Hey! They finally made the mobile version of this site readable.

Comment

i read on here from my Android every morning...

classy, i know!
                            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Should be a good series this weekend. Would be nice to get off to a six-point start in league play, but NMU is always tough. Fortunately for us, they're young and off to a slow start, as usual. They always play well at Steve Cady Arena, however. We need to get back to playing stout defense (Saturday was a good start) and continue to get scoring from throughout the lineup. That will make us very difficult to beat over the course of the year.
                              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                                Should be a good series this weekend. Would be nice to get off to a six-point start in league play, but NMU is always tough. Fortunately for us, they're young and off to a slow start, as usual. They always play well at Steve Cady Arena, however. We need to get back to playing stout defense (Saturday was a good start) and continue to get scoring from throughout the lineup. That will make us very difficult to beat over the course of the year.
                                Amen- It is always nice to get NMU early in the season. If I had time today I would look at our record against them in the first half verse the second half in the last decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X