Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

In case anyone missed this...

The Newest Member of the Brotherhood
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
      Ok, I'm a full time fan and a part time attendee because of my work schedule and inability to obtain season tickets (Evidently I don't give enough money to the university even though my daughter and my retirement account has been going to Miami for the last 3 years). Mrs. Suds and I were able to attend Saturdays game, by the grace of our buddy Brown Dawg, and it seemed to us that UNH was the only team on the ice for the biggest part of the second period Saturday. We've noticed this happening in the past where we come out flat for 10 or 15 mins at some point in just about every game, like we have no legs or something. Almost enough to be considered a trend. What gives? Do we have some conditioning concerns? Lack of focus for a while? Maybe someone can shine some light on this.

Another "Trend" observation of mine is that when we return from the holiday break in January, we seem to fall flat for a couple of weeks. But we can discuss this at the beginning of February.

(BTW, if anyone ever has tickets that they can't use, send me a PM. If I can go I'd love to buy them.)
      Your concern is valid and is noticeable at times. It was a little more evident on saturday because UNH scored 5 goals. But as a whole last year Miami dominated teams in the second and third periods if you look at the numbers. They have a tendancy to start slow. I would chalk some of this up to the feeling out process that takes place. Another reason I would contribute is teams make adjustments and may do something far different than they had the first night or first period and it may take the coaching staff 10-15 min to make their counter adjustments. If anything is a positive in this it is that Miami is far better than their opponents on average in the third period.

As for your January concern, think that has been nixed the past few years. They did have an issue it seemed for a few years but the past two they have seemed to righten their ship.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
        In case anyone missed this...

The Newest Member of the Brotherhood
        remarkable story.....I missed it so thanks for posting it!
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

can any miami fan tell me if there is a video feed for the team?
          NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
            can any miami fan tell me if there is a video feed for the team?
            there is, if you go to www.muredhawks.com and click on their all-access banner in the upper right hand corner. You can purchase it for $6.95 a month.
            Last edited by redhawkman10; 10-12-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks, and do you know if i can just get it for 1 month then
              NMU

Comment

http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...101110aab.html

Grats to Mr. Hirsch, should have a few more of these on his way to 25 goals this season

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                  Thanks, and do you know if i can just get it for 1 month then
                  Yea you can get it and cancel it immediately after you watch the game of your choice. But you will have access for 1 month if you do purchase and it is only $6.95.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...101110aab.html

Grats to Mr. Hirsch, should have a few more of these on his way to 25 goals this season
                    Its "The Hirsch", and he only needs to hit 25 points, 25 goals would be nice though

And man, they blew it with this new site layout, it sucks

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Its "The Hirsch", and he only needs to hit 25 points, 25 goals would be nice though

And man, they blew it with this new site layout, it sucks
                      No kidding, I'm going blind reading thread titles on the main forum.

Comment

its even moRe horribl trying to read on the phone at work. What else am I supposed to accomplish from 7-5? Guess its time to boss more people around eh

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                          its even moRe horribl trying to read on the phone at work. What else am I supposed to accomplish from 7-5? Guess its time to boss more people around eh
                          Does this mean I have to pay attention in class now, I call shenanigans.

Comment

Camper Tabbed as Candidate for Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award

Also, there's now a Miami RedHawks GameTracker app for Android and BlackBerry! It will supposedly include "up-to-the minute headlines, live scoring for football, basketball, ice hockey and baseball, plus box scores, stats, play-by-play and complete rosters," though I'm only seeing football and volleyball (???) at this point.
                            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

$7 well spent tonight. Looked great out there.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                $7 well spent tonight. Looked great out there.
                                With the exception of the first 20 minutes

Seriously though, gutsy win tonight on the road against a really good opponent. Outplayed in the first 20, then come out and dominate from then on. Good job boys. Paluz with his first Miami goal. Come out tomorrow with the brooms. Hopefully we can get a good showing and a W for Knapp. He deserves it right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X