Jamie Hill (Waterloo/USHL) - Season Begins Oct 2

Kyle Smith (Jr. Bruins/EJHL) - 3 GP, 1-5-6, 0 PIM

Trevor van Riemsdyk (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 4 GP, 4-1-5, 2 PIM

Maxim Gaudreault (Sioux City/USHL) - Season Begins Oct 2

Casey Thrush (Muskegon/USHL) - Season Begins Oct 2

Mike Vecchione (Malden Catholic H.S.) - Season TBA
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Re: UNH Recruits - 2011 & 2012

Observations on the Prep School path to college hockey from Cushing Academy and UNH alum Brian Yandle:
    http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...6_preppath.php

Comment

Grayson Downing Attends Team Canada West Evaluation Camp

Comment

Goalie Dalton Izyk, who is listed as a 2012 "target" on the UNH Hockey Recruits Blogspot, had a successful beginning to his junior career in the Eastern Junior Hockey League. He was named the Defensive Player of the Week for the opening week of the season.
        Last May, Izyk participated in the USA Hockey sponsored Strelow National Team Goaltending Camp. Two of the coach/mentors at the camp were UNH alum Mike Ayers and UNH assistant coach David Lassonde.
        Last edited by C-H-C; 09-30-2010, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Cody Campbell (Cedar Rapids/USHL) - 0 GP,

Jay Camper (Chicago/USHL) - 2 GP, 0-0-0, 0 PIM

Eric Chevrier (Cushing Academy) - Season TBA

Grayson Downing (Westside/BCHL) - 10 GP, 8-5-13, 6 PIM

Jamie Hill (Waterloo/USHL) - 1 GP, 0-0-0, 0 PIM

Kyle Smith (Jr. Bruins/EJHL) - 5 GP, 1-5-6, 2 PIM

Trevor van Riemsdyk (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 6 GP, 4-1-5, 4 PIM

Maxim Gaudreault (Sioux City/USHL) - 0 GP

Casey Thrush (Muskegon/USHL) - 1 GP, 0-0-0, 0 PIM

Mike Vecchione (Malden Catholic H.S.) - Season TBA

Grayson Downing continued his torrid scoring while the USHLers came up goose-eggs.

Comment

JVR wasn't enough?you now have a TVR?? will he be anywhere close to as good as JVR?? who was pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              JVR wasn't enough?you now have a TVR?? will he be anywhere close to as good as JVR?? who was pretty good
              He wasn't anywhere near his older brother's level when he committed last February, but he's continued his development and projects to be a solid offensive defenseman in college. His skating stride should prevent him from meeting up with James on the ice anytime soon though. Additionally, they have a younger brother named Brendan who is one of the better 14 year old forwards in the country.
              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Any worry that Downing follows the trend and decommits?
                A running tally: Keith Yandle, Ryan Bourque, Cam Reid, Matt White, Joey Laleggia, Mike Vecchione.

Comment

Hey guys- thanks for allowing Cam Reid to become a "free agent" and join SCSU. After watching him perform in SCSU's first exhibition game he's a big body and a versatile forward with skill that can play both wing and center. He picked up 1 point and clearly will get substantial ice time this season.

Seriously, sorry it didn't work out. It's a great addition for SCSU. Also, a very personable and likeable kid. He'll do well at SCSU. Best wishes to UNH in 2010-11.
                  "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
                    Hey guys- thanks for allowing Cam Reid to become a "free agent" and join SCSU.
                    Thanks for rubbing it in.
                    Given that Fred Harbinson, the current Coach/General Manager of the Penticton Vees (BCHL) is a former Assistant Coach/Head Recruiter for St. Cloud State, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vees' star and former UNH recruit, Joey Laleggia, commit to SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox
                      A fair question, particularly given that two "committed" players - Cam Reid and Joey Laleggia, both players in the BCHL - reneged on their commitments to play at UNH.
                      I contacted someone close to the situation and was assured that Grayson Downing has every intention of going to UNH and playing for the Wildcats. That's very good news because his record shows a player with a lot of potential.
                      That's great news. I'm not sure how close your source is, but you sound confident. When I saw Downing's point line to open the year, all I could think of was Bourque, Reid, Laleggia.
                      A running tally: Keith Yandle, Ryan Bourque, Cam Reid, Matt White, Joey Laleggia, Mike Vecchione.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                        Thanks for rubbing it in.
                        Given that Fred Harbinson, the current Coach/General Manager of the Penticton Vees (BCHL) is a former Assistant Coach/Head Recruiter for St. Cloud State, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vees' star and former UNH recruit, Joey Laleggia, commit to SCSU.
                        Laleggia committed to Denver today.
                        Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                        ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                        Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                        Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                        NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Beau Bennett connection, perhaps.
                          GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                            Laleggia committed to Denver today.
                            Quotes from Laleggia
                            "The coaches (at Denver) really liked me and I felt wanted."
                            "There are guys who are committing at that young an age and they're having success."
                            "Mine (situation at UNH) just got a little complicated."

A Sports Writer's observation of Coach Umile's attitude toward incoming freshman in general:
                            "Umile is loath to speak about individual freshmen until their play makes it unavoidable."

Reading between the lines - Coach Umile didn't give Laleggia the recognition he thought he deserved (a 3 or 4-year scholarship? Guaranteed playing time? Sufficient accolades?) so Laleggia said see you later - I'm going where I'm really wanted.

I still want to know what really happened. I hope some local reporter looks into it.
                            Last edited by C-H-C; 10-07-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Defintely sounds like there is a story there- not sure it has much to due with getting recognition, etc.. I think that maybe he wanted to come in this yr and/or that he felt a bit intimidated with TvR also having eyes on the point position.

c'est la vie!
                              GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Working...
                              X