X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Recruits: 2012-2014

Originally posted by UNHFan1 View Post
    Well played Mosrite. Love it
    Yes, that really was amazingly well played. He picked one of the 5 years out of the last 14 that BC didn't make the Frozen Four! He really showed all those BC fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
      I think Jay has put in a call to the former Head Coach at Susquehanna Univ
      One thing is for sure, no one in the NHL puts in any calls to Umile.

(quick, google something to see if we can find proof that it's not true and it might have happened ONCE!)
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

(quick, google something to see if we can find proof that it's not true and it might have happened ONCE!)
        One thing is for sure....no one cares.
        sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          I don't know about that. There was probably some interesting exchanges between Philly and UNH regarding JvR not coming out like Philly wanted. Potentially a phone call GM or Coach to Coach... Based on what the Philly GM said publicly those could have been really interesting conversations.
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Ryan S. Clark (who covers the USHL, the Fargo Force and Minnesota High School Hockey for the main newspaper in Fargo, ND) makes the case for why UNH, UVM and BC could be in the running for the "John Gaudreau Sweepstakes":
            http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=806
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Dan Correale no longer appears on the roster. Glad it's not Downing. Thrush tweeted that he'll wear 19.
              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                Dan Correale no longer appears on the roster. Glad it's not Downing. Thrush tweeted that he'll wear 19.
                Very interesting. Does this mean that Correale is the "injured freshman" referred to when Casey Thrush was moved up a year or is UNH making room on the roster for someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  Very interesting. Does this mean that Correale is the "injured freshman" referred to when Casey Thrush was moved up a year or is UNH making room on the roster for someone else?
                  Does UNH have any money left? and they seem to have a ton of fowards..i guess this will play out real soon
                  Last edited by hockey east fan; 08-02-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Also very interesting - if you follow Casey Thrush's recent tweets, you discover the identity of a key man "behind the curtain" - that is, an NHL agent and amateur advisor named Alec Schall (https://***********/#!/aschall21). Apparently Thrush recently finished participating in a camp run by Schall who is also the agent for JvR (also appears to be an advisor for Trevor and Brendan vR). We rarely hear about the guys who serve as advisors to potential recruits and their families but they obviously play a pivotal role in the decision about which college gets chosen.

Comment

CHC..do you think UNH would cut ties with a kid completly to make room for another player this late into the summer? that would suck. Also what about the possibility he didn't pass the clearinghouse?.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey east fan View Post
                        CHC..do you think UNH would cut ties with a kid completly to make room for another player this late into the summer? that would suck. Also what about the possibility he didn't pass the clearinghouse?.
                        Last season, Dan Correale was a high scoring forward with the Grande Prairie Storm in the AJHL. All season he was listed as a 2012 recruit so it was a bit of a surprise when he was named to the 2011-12 roster earlier this summer. In fact, at the end of the Storm's season last spring, their website had an article listing Dan (and his brother Gus) as returning to the Storm this fall. My hope is that UNH asked him to return to the original plan - that is, play one more season in juniors and enroll in UNH in Fall 2012. I don't remember reading anything about schooling issues during his time in Grande Prairie but anything is possible.
                        Last edited by C-H-C; 08-02-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

So if Camper was the injured player and Correale was asked to defer a year...maybe we'll have some good news in the next few days.on the other hand my gut feeling is BC has the upper hand.. Correale is still listed on the heisenburg site..as of this afternoon..
                          Last edited by hockey east fan; 08-02-2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey east fan View Post
                            So if Camper was the injured player and Correale was asked to defer a year...maybe we'll have some good news in the next few days.on the other hand my gut feeling is BC has the upper hand.. Correale is still listed on the heisenburg site..as of this afternoon..
                            Who do you think BC has the upper hand with? Gaudreau from Dubuque of the USHL? He is supposedly down to BC, UNH and Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                              Who do you think BC has the upper hand with? Gaudreau from Dubuque of the USHL? He is supposedly down to BC, UNH and Vermont.
                              Yes Gaudreau....

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                                Actually BC, BU, Vermont, UNH and NU.

Ryan Clark's schtick is all speculation.

And I'm guessing BC it is sigh.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X