• Re: UNH Recruits: 2012-2014

Originally posted by pinch View Post
    I think Jay has put in a call to the former Head Coach at Susquehanna Univ
    Good one!
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Yea, maybe he could commit to UNH and the Calgary GM and Umile can become pals and the Mildcats can become a de facto farm team for Calgary. I would hate to see that happen, you know, with the conflicts of interest and all.
      In an "ideal" (black and white) world it is a minor conflict of interest what is going on between BC and Washington reference Haar. If you added some grease the Haar deal is a potentially a corrupt practice. However as long as there is no grease, this is how things get done in the real world.

So for a slow summer it is a fair conversation, although academic (so it fits with College Hockey).

I would agree it is stange the Caps GM made a public comment on what is happening.
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

The Gaudreau brothers would be a huge pick up for us. Hopefully their childhood friend, Jamie Hill, can persuade them to come to UNH. Crossing my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
          The Gaudreau brothers would be a huge pick up for us. Hopefully their childhood friend, Jamie Hill, can persuade them to come to UNH. Crossing my fingers.
          Was thinking the same thing - Jamie Hill and the Gaudreau brothers played on the same team at the Senior Chowder Cup last weekend (also appear to be twitter buddies). Realistically, I'm not sure there would be a space for John on this year's team - there are a lot of forwards coming in. Matt Gaudreau , on the other hand, is a Dec. 1994 birthdate who is scheduled to play his first season in the USHL with the Omaha Lancers. He also officially decommitted from NU and there could be room for him in the Fall of 2012 or 2013. Whatever they decide, good luck to them - they sound like a close hockey family (http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...tough-decision).

Comment

• True that there is little room but they could put Thrush back to 2012 as originally planned. I really hope they can pull this together to land them.
            Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
            Was thinking the same thing - Jamie Hill and the Gaudreau brothers played on the same team at the Senior Chowder Cup last weekend (also appear to be twitter buddies). Realistically, I'm not sure there would be a space for John on this year's team - there are a lot of forwards coming in. Matt Gaudreau , on the other hand, is a Dec. 1994 birthdate who is scheduled to play his first season in the USHL with the Omaha Lancers. He also officially decommitted from NU and there could be room for him in the Fall of 2012 or 2013. Whatever they decide, good luck to them - they sound like a close hockey family (http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...tough-decision).

Comment

Friday Midnight - Josh Ciocco to John Gaudreau:
              "i think you'd look pretty good on the that big sheet... hope the visit went well... Go Wildcats!"
              9:00 Saturday Morning - John Gaudreau to Josh Ciocco:
              "yeah it was awesome and I loved the campus"

Beginning this summer, college hockey fans have been provided with an unprecedented glimpse into how the recruiting of prospects really works. With the advent of blogs and twitter accounts by reporters with access to inside information (e.g., Ryan S. Clark, Chris Peters, Skip Peters) and, more importantly, the recruits posting on twitter, interested fans can follow the recruiting process in real time. Sometimes, it's like watching sausage being made (e.g., an NHL executive trying to negotiate a scholarship worth 10's of thousands of dollars for one of his draftees). Sometimes, it provides interesting insights into the character of the recruit and their families as they painstakingly make the most important decision in the youngster's life (e.g., the ongoing quest of John and Matt Gaudreau and their Dad).

Time will tell whether this is a constructive development or the lifting of a curtain on what should remain private. In general, I think it is positive because it has the potential to quell false rumors and misinformation. Now, when an anonymous poster on a fan forum claims that Coach A is an ineffective boob of a recruiter, Player B is a self-centered, learning disabled creep, or College C should be renamed the University of God because they always get the best recruits, the average fan can see for themselves what actually happens in the recruiting wars.

Back to painting the house...

Comment

CHC,
                I completely agree! I wasnt a fan of twitter until recently. All of the information from these recruits is great. Hope we land the Gaudreau brothers!
                Bobby Butler for Hobey 2010
                Paul Thompson for Hobey 2011
                Stevie Moses for Hobey 2012

Comment

Friday Midnight - Josh Ciocco to John Gaudreau:
                  "i think you'd look pretty good on the that big sheet... hope the visit went well... Go Wildcats!"
                  9:00 Saturday Morning - John Gaudreau to Josh Ciocco:
                  "yeah it was awesome and I loved the campus"

Beginning this summer, college hockey fans have been provided with an unprecedented glimpse into how the recruiting of prospects really works. With the advent of blogs and twitter accounts by reporters with access to inside information (e.g., Ryan S. Clark, Chris Peters, Skip Peters) and, more importantly, the recruits posting on twitter, interested fans can follow the recruiting process in real time. Sometimes, it's like watching sausage being made (e.g., an NHL executive trying to negotiate a scholarship worth 10's of thousands of dollars for one of his draftees). Sometimes, it provides interesting insights into the character of the recruit and their families as they painstakingly make the most important decision in the youngster's life (e.g., the ongoing quest of John and Matt Gaudreau and their Dad).

Time will tell whether this is a constructive development or the lifting of a curtain on what should remain private. In general, I think it is positive because it has the potential to quell false rumors and misinformation. Now, when an anonymous poster on a fan forum claims that Coach A is an ineffective boob of a recruiter, Player B is a self-centered, learning disabled creep, or College C should be renamed the University of God because they always get the best recruits, the average fan can see for themselves what actually happens in the recruiting wars.

Back to painting the house...

oh no! gaudreau is at BC today. what conspiracies will you think of now? HAAR AND GAUDREAU ARE COLLUDING!! WASHINGTON AND CALGARY ARE FORMING A SUPERTEAM!!!
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    oh no! gaudreau is at BC today. what conspiracies will you think of now? HAAR AND GAUDREAU ARE COLLUDING!! WASHINGTON AND CALGARY ARE FORMING A SUPERTEAM!!!
                    Actually now he's going to Boston U-have no campus.
                    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

The plan for Garrett Harr didn't work out (http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=785). Perhaps Coach York, who is known for his integrity (and exceptional coaching ability) realized it wouldn't look appropriate to give a scholarship (worth 10's of thousands of dollars) to a recruit as a favor to the executive of an NHL team.

Comment

The plan for Garrett Harr didn't work out (http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=785). Perhaps Coach York, who is known for his integrity (and exceptional coaching ability) realized it wouldn't look appropriate to give a scholarship (worth 10's of thousands of dollars) to a recruit as a favor to the executive of an NHL team.
                        Or perhaps he's been saving his shekels(?) for Gaudreau?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                          +1

Not to mention they're as deep as usual at defense and not so much at offense this coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                            Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                            +1

Not to mention they're as deep as usual at defense and not so much at offense this coming year.
                            Excellent points. There must have been some awkward moments when Coach York told Harr there wasn't scholarship money available (as reported by Ryan S. Clark). It will become more awkward if it turns out that there was plenty of scholarship money for John Gaudreau. He looks like a prototypical BC-type, small forward who would fit well in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

An early golf season is such an unfair advantage for UNH!
                              Really??? FORE!!!!

Edit: "May the Schwartz Be With You"
                              Last edited by Mosrite; 07-31-2011, 07:58 PM.
                              sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Well played Mosrite. Love it
                                Bobby Butler for Hobey 2010
                                Paul Thompson for Hobey 2011
                                Stevie Moses for Hobey 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X