UNH Recruits: 2012-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Recruits - 2011 & 2012

Betture dan expected? Pourquoi, cuz dey in firsts plaice in Ockey Est on 10th a fevrier? Dat egzactly what I spected. Dey do it evury years. BeegFD. Eez dat da goale pour da year? Eez dat de ol pointe?

Dey pegged out et teams like BC still working dey way up tru da gears, give it 6 week, et dey start trowing a rod while BC cruise on by, au revoir Dicks.

One questione, why UNHs de ONLY scholl in HE nevure to ave a european playing for dem? De only one? You put Nyquist ou DeCosta on dis team et now you might be talking. But non, not pour Dicks. You telling me Nyquist grow up in Sweden dreaming of living in Orono. Ou DeCosta just dying to play in a chitbox high school rink on da outskirt of Lawrence? Merde, I tink not monsieur, mais cleely Dicks not needing guys like dis wif all da NC e got.

Comment

To the UNH fans who enjoy following the "UNH Recruits - 2011 & 2012" thread:
      I'm not going to engage any further with the life-long Montreal Expos fan who has it in for Coach Umile and his staff.
      Since September, the folks who have posted on this thread have participated in a reasonable and respectful dialogue about the ups and downs of the recruiting process and those young kids who have to make the significant life decision about where they are going to college. That's what I will continue to do.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
        I'm not going to engage any further with the life-long Montreal Expos fan who has it in for Coach Umile and his staff.
        Since September, the folks who have posted on this thread have participated in a reasonable and respectful dialogue about the ups and downs of the recruiting process and those young kids who have to make the significant life decision about where they are going to college. That's what I will continue to do.
        Don't let some nitwit who needs the attention get to you. Though I rarely comment on this page, not always up to date on recruiting, do love reading this page and keeping up with the guys coming in. Have to say do one hell of a job and I for one appreciate it and say keep up the great work

Comment

Don't let some clown who is desparate for attention get you down. Not a UNH fan, but love college hockey and love reading about prospective players for this conference.

Comment

Your observations about Coach Umile's style with players who are on the team also makes sense. I wonder how this translates into his interactions with recruits? Taking what you and gdawg have said, I can imagine that he responds to someone with Joey Laleggia's talent with politeness but not reverence. If such a recruit tried to parlay their rising stock (e.g., interest by Major Juniors; NHL draft pick; selection to international teams; etc.) into a commitment for more playing time or a larger scholarship, then it probably would not be well-received. I don't know whether this has happened in any of the recent cases (e.g., Bourque, Reid, Laleggia) but it isn't a stretch to imagine that it might have. Of course, this is all speculation. Only the coaching staff and potential recruits actually know how the process works.
            I have really no insight just one scenario to add about Umile with recruits. I have talked to one recruits grandfather, Derek Lee who ended up in Wisconsin, I have talked to his grandfather many times before he signed with Wisc. He never had UNH on his rader, though I tried my best , but when he sat down and talked to Umile he moved UNH into his top 3 and made it a very tough choice. Said Umile really impressed him and convinced him to come to Durham for a visit. To me that does say he does have a good at building a relationship during recruiting

Comment

Or... you could just put him on permanent "ignore" and you don't even have to see his posts, Mike.
              Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
              Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
              Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
              Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                Or... you could just put him on permanent "ignore" and you don't even have to see his posts, Mike.
                Yup, ignore and don't quote, we'll all be much happier.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  Yup, ignore and don't quote, we'll all be much happier.
                  Can't quote what ya can't see...
                  Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                  ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                  Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                  Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                  NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                    Can't quote what ya can't see...
                    I really hope that's not Chuck Murray though

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                      I have really no insight just one scenario to add about Umile with recruits. I have talked to one recruits grandfather, Derek Lee who ended up in Wisconsin, I have talked to his grandfather many times before he signed with Wisc. He never had UNH on his rader, though I tried my best , but when he sat down and talked to Umile he moved UNH into his top 3 and made it a very tough choice. Said Umile really impressed him and convinced him to come to Durham for a visit. To me that does say he does have a good at building a relationship during recruiting
                      That confirms something else I have been told. Umile is fantastic in the home of a recruit. I heard one assistant coach (believe it was Lassonde) at a talk say if he can get a sit down with Umile and the family UNH shoots up the list of potential schools. Not just kids in the home but parrents really like Umile and what he has to say about the environent he tries to have at UNH. The same talk mentioned Umile sit downs have turned I am not interesteds into yes.
                      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        That confirms something else I have been told. Umile is fantastic in the home of a recruit. I heard one assistant coach (believe it was Lassonde) at a talk say if he can get a sit down with Umile and the family UNH shoots up the list of potential schools. Not just kids in the home but parrents really like Umile and what he has to say about the environent he tries to have at UNH. The same talk mentioned Umile sit downs have turned I am not interesteds into yes.
                        I think a school like UNH is pretty easy to recruit to if you ask me. Great New England campus, strong tradition, etc. I think their biggest issue is they have two bohemeths in their own conference to recruit against, but its hard to slight Umile's success up there. Umile, though, does need to realize that regular season and post season success require different thinking. Like the Bruins, he seems to put too much emphasis on winning the RS title and there's a natural let down when they get it that bounces them in the post season. Just 2 cents from an outsider.

Comment

It ironic zat you so wrong in a posting where you wanting to be so rite. Lol (Et dis eez not Chucks Murray, ok, can you get ovure dat, please?)

Mais merci pour remind me bout ze social misfit shut in factor on dis bord. I sometime forgetting bout dat when I not here pour zee while. Mais you driving dat pointe ome nicely ere.

Before I even poste you talking bout why Laleggia not coming to Durham. People saying maybe Dicks is too tuff maybe he not, maybe who no. Jacques say I not noing eedure mais maybe it time to change zee approache cuz unless I mees it der steel no NC bannure anging in zee Whitt afture 20 year, eh? Et Mon Dieu, zat deed it. Nexte you telling us zat evuryting ok cuz UNHs eez in firste plaice in Fevrier, so there!

I got zee question, deed you sustain some sorte zee brain injury dat only letting you retain 6 munt a memory? I serieux, deed you? Dis appen EVURY YEAR mon ami. EVURY. YEAR. Ow many decade it ave to appen before even you say well maybe dis not working. Mais you not only not tinking it youself, you absolutement not wanting to ear it from anyone, NO ONE, EVURYONE SHUT UP – I got no plaice else to go Drill Sargenet! Lmao.

What parte of my 2 postings was disrespectfull? Quote dem. What parte of my postings was wronge? Quote dem. What parte of my postings wasn’t zee troof - de sad painfull troof? Quote dem.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                            I think a school like UNH is pretty easy to recruit to if you ask me. Great New England campus, strong tradition, etc. I think their biggest issue is they have two bohemeths in their own conference to recruit against, but its hard to slight Umile's success up there. Umile, though, does need to realize that regular season and post season success require different thinking. Like the Bruins, he seems to put too much emphasis on winning the RS title and there's a natural let down when they get it that bounces them in the post season. Just 2 cents from an outsider.
                            I completely agree on the RS/PS comments. The big issues this year are I wish UNH had a 7th D that had played this year and a back-up goalie that had a few games under the belt.

On the forwards I think (hope I guess) this year has been a little different for UNH. Last weekends line up was a new one. Other than the 1st line there has been a ton of combos played. I think that allows for growth and keeps things fresh. Also they are finally getting some scoring depth. UNH's 1st line was just bad last Saturday and they still won with new found scoring depth and a truck load of luck.

I hope we are still coming up to speed and have maxed out yet.
                            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
                              It ironic zat you so wrong in a posting where you wanting to be so rite. Lol (Et dis eez not Chucks Murray, ok, can you get ovure dat, please?)

Mais merci pour remind me bout ze social misfit shut in factor on dis bord. I sometime forgetting bout dat when I not here pour zee while. Mais you driving dat pointe ome nicely ere.

Before I even poste you talking bout why Laleggia not coming to Durham. People saying maybe Dicks is too tuff maybe he not, maybe who no. Jacques say I not noing eedure mais maybe it time to change zee approache cuz unless I mees it der steel no NC bannure anging in zee Whitt afture 20 year, eh? Et Mon Dieu, zat deed it. Nexte you telling us zat evuryting ok cuz UNHs eez in firste plaice in Fevrier, so there!

I got zee question, deed you sustain some sorte zee brain injury dat only letting you retain 6 munt a memory? I serieux, deed you? Dis appen EVURY YEAR mon ami. EVURY. YEAR. Ow many decade it ave to appen before even you say well maybe dis not working. Mais you not only not tinking it youself, you absolutement not wanting to ear it from anyone, NO ONE, EVURYONE SHUT UP – I got no plaice else to go Drill Sargenet! Lmao.

What parte of my 2 postings was disrespectfull? Quote dem. What parte of my postings was wronge? Quote dem. What parte of my postings wasn’t zee troof - de sad painfull troof? Quote dem.
                              Why change? Umile gets heat for about a week after his annual Umiliation but the other 51 weeks of the year everyone is happy about constantly winning the RS titles, a nice NCAA tournament participation streak, and "next year is THE year" stuff... I don't see a lot of lamenting fans that miss a NCAA title banner up in Lake Whitt after that late March mess that always happens but perhaps most UNH folks would beg to differ.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Why change? Umile gets heat for about a week after his annual Umiliation but the other 51 weeks of the year everyone is happy about constantly winning the RS titles, a nice NCAA tournament participation streak, and "next year is THE year" stuff... I don't see a lot of lamenting fans that miss a NCAA title banner up in Lake Whitt after that late March mess that always happens but perhaps most UNH folks would beg to differ.
                                Personally I have changed my view of the NCAA hockey world, by choice. First as I have grown wiser UNH Hockey means less to me, I don't live a die by it. I support the program and go to many games home and away but I choose to enjoy the ride. Why invest myself so heavily in something completely out of my control – be like screaming at the wind.

Although you take pride in BC’s titles it isn’t like you really have anything to do with them.

I have also come to realize there are worse things than a consistently good product on the ice. Umile has his warts, we all do, but I lived through the period between Holt and Umile, it was not pretty. There is no guarantee UNH will be better with the next few coaches they pick.

I guess I try to be a little more Zen on this topic than I once was. I will however be ecstatic when that day comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X