UNH Recruits: 2012-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Recruits - 2011 & 2012

i saw the submitted transaction and added him. =)

it's all dependent on the designated "guy" for each league how stuff gets updated. I do all the NCAA (DI) and the USHL work on EP, but being a UNH grad I give UNH a little extra attention. guys like vecchione/chevrier really I feel bad for as the USHS stats etc... probably won't get updated more than twice a year as high school stats aren't that reliable nor is there really a dedicated guy to update USHS stats/histories etc... no excuses, for stuff like Desmith, but sometimes I've put the commitment dates out further than they should be as keeping XX number of NCAA commitments correct as well as keeping the current stats up to date is a handful. good news is that there wasn't a dedicated USHL/NCAA guy on EP before but I've been working on keeping them up to date as well as filling in their histories for the past year. you may notice that UNH stats are filled in back to the late 60's, where as other schools are just in the queue to be done, as mentioned I give UNH special treatment. a lot of the past UNH peripherals are incomplete (ages/hometown/possibly position) which I tried to remedy by asking the UNH SI Dept to help me out by sending me the historical data (which I know exists as I updated it while I was a workstudy kid) but I'm still awaiting it's arrival, well more so I'm still awaiting the return email response

any thing you need fixed/added/ just let me know and I'll take care of it.

Comment

Trevor van Riemsdyk earns Defensive Player of the Week award in the Eastern Junior Hockey League.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

RECRUIT UPDATE - Week Ending Nov. 28th

Cody Campbell (Cedar Rapids/USHL) - 3 GP, 1 W,2 L, 3.93 GAA, .857 SV%

Jay Camper (Chicago/USHL) - 20 GP, 6-1-7, 15 PIM

Eric Chevrier (Cushing Academy) - New England Prep Hockey Conference begins Dec. 3rd.

Casey DeSmith (Indiana Ice/USHL) - 11 GP, 5W-6L, 2.27 GAA, .928 SV%

Grayson Downing (Westside/BCHL) - 24 GP, 17-17-34, 14 PIM

Jamie Hill (Waterloo/USHL) - 16 GP, 2-2-4, 8 PIM

Kyle Smith (Jr. Bruins/EJHL) - 21 GP, 4-17-21, 4 PIM

Trevor van Riemsdyk (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 20 GP, 10-10-20, 14 PIM

Dan Correale (Grand Prairie/AJHL) - 31 GP, 15-23-38, 16 PIM

Maxim Gaudreault (Sioux City/USHL) - 15 GP, 2-3-5, 6 PIM

Casey Thrush (Muskegon/USHL) - 17 GP, 4-5-9, 6 PIM

Mike Vecchione (Malden Catholic H.S.) - Season Begins Dec 10

Dylan Maller (DC Capitals/North American Prospects Hockey League) - 9 GP, 1-2-3, 2 PIM
        - NAPHL play resumes on Dec. 3rd

Recruits from the Great White North continued to score points in bunches:
        Grayson Downing scored 3 goals and 4 assists in 3 games.
        Dan Correale scored 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games.

The EJHL was off this week and resumes play on Dec. 2nd.

Comment

Here's an extended video interview of Grayson Downing on "Inside the BCHL" with Bernie Pascall.
          A couple of highlights:
          (1) Downing reconfirms his commitment to play for UNH.
          (2) Notice anything familiar about his skating stride? To me, his skating with his feet wide apart looks a lot like Sidney Crosby.

Comment

Grayson Downing scored 2 goals and earned the #1 Star as the Westside Warriors defeated Joey Laleggia and the Penticton Vees.

Comment

RECRUIT UPDATE - Week Ending Dec. 5th

Cody Campbell (Cedar Rapids/USHL) - 4 GP, 1 W,3 L, 3.14 GAA, .879 SV%

Jay Camper (Chicago/USHL) - 22 GP, 7-2-9, 15 PIM

Eric Chevrier (Cushing Academy/NEPrepHC) - Cushing 2W-0L; No Player Stats Available

Casey DeSmith (Indiana Ice/USHL) - 12 GP, 6W-6L, 2.15 GAA, .931 SV%

Grayson Downing (Westside/BCHL) - 28 GP, 21-18-39, 14 PIM

Jamie Hill (Waterloo/USHL) - 18 GP, 2-2-4, 12 PIM

Kyle Smith (Jr. Bruins/EJHL) - 23 GP, 5-18-23, 4 PIM

Trevor van Riemsdyk (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 22 GP, 10-10-20, 14 PIM

Dan Correale (Grand Prairie/AJHL) - 33 GP, 16-25-41, 16 PIM

Maxim Gaudreault (Sioux City/USHL) - 17 GP, 2-4-6, 8 PIM

Casey Thrush (Muskegon/USHL) - 20 GP, 4-7-11, 8 PIM

Mike Vecchione (Malden Catholic H.S.) - Season Begins Dec 10

Dylan Maller (DC Capitals/North American Prospects Hockey League) - 13 GP, 1-2-3, 2 PIM

3 Recruits are averaging at least 1 Point per Game:
              Grayson Downing 1.4 PpG
              Dan Correale 1.2 PpG
              Kyle Smith 1.0 PpG
              Defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk 0.91 PpG

Comment

Campbell got a shootout loss on Saturday night, the goal was scored by Travis Walsh, son of Shawn Walsh, and currently a MSU recruit. Made the Sportscenter top 10 for Walsh...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-292335

Comment

Another informative interview with Grayson Downing, this time by Dan Sallows.

Comment

http://thegazette.com/2010/12/06/cam...s-for-niagara/

Campbell leaves RoughRiders for Niagara
                    by Jeff Johnson :: UPDATED: 6 December 2010 | 7:06 pm :

*****http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ysmk4E2y-FHayM:******

Cody Campbell

Goaltender Cody Campbell said Monday he has left the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders and will enroll at Niagara University for the school’s second semester.

Campbell, 18, played well Saturday night in a 2-1 shootout loss to Muskegon but had gotten into only four games this season. He was terrific last season after being acquired in a trade midseason from the USHL‘s Fargo Force, going 10-4-1 with two shutouts in 17 games for the Riders. He had a 1.90 goals against average and .933 save percentage.

Campbell, a Colorado native, saw his playing time dwindle this season with the addition of goalie Brady Hjelle from the University of Minnesota-Duluth. He originally had committed to the University of New Hampshire.

*****http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/626945490/nu-favicon_bigger.jpg******

2008 CHA Champs!
                    2006-7 CHA RS Champs!
                    2005-6 CHA RS Champs!
                    2004 CHA Champs!

2008 NCAA Tournament
                    2004 NCAA Tournament
                    2000 NCAA Tournament - Elite Eight

Comment

[QUOTE=eagle70;4956162]http://thegazette.com/2010/12/06/cam...s-for-niagara/

Campbell leaves RoughRiders for Niagara
                      by Jeff Johnson :: UPDATED: 6 December 2010 | 7:06 pm :

Well I'll be darned. Congratulations to Cody Campbell and best of luck.

Comment

Exactly- Best of luck to him! If you look at pre-season as well as teh first month of the regular season, he really wasn't given a chance this season w/ Cedar Rapids putting him on the bench in favor of the D1 returnee.
                        GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by PSW View Post
                          My bet is he(Campbell) never comes to UNH.......I think UNH has moved on and this is the start of the separation....
                          I wish I played a lottery ticket that day
                          PSW
                          watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

Wanted to give an update on my son's friend and former teammate on his HS team, Mason Jobst. If this kid isn't on UNH's radar he should be because if this kid continues to develop, some D1 team is going to have a heck of a playmaker on their team. Jobst is a 94 playing for the Indiana Ice U18 team this season, so far his stats are 10 goals, 10 assists, 2 short handed goals in 30 games. Last week in a tournament in Foxboro MA he had a six point weekend. On Thursday he got called up to the U17 USA developmental Team and played last night against the Indiana Ice. In a 6-2 loss he had a goal, PP assist, 4 SOG, was +1. Not bad for a 16 y/o against 19 and 20 y/o kids. Last Summer he was the top scorer in the U16 USA hockey Select Festival, here is his scouting report for that:

Mason Jobst (#10 Royal Blue Team) 5-7/145 -- 2G-9A-11 - Had a tremendous week. Outworked virtually everybody. Totally unafraid. Small kid who played big. Left nothing on the ice. All the clichés apply. And if we were picking an all-star team just based purely on play here, he'd be on it. Played Indiana high school hockey last year (Zionsville HS). This is a classic example of a kid making the most of an opportunity, and it's no surprise that his team made the playoff game. We'd never heard of this player before the festival; now we will never forget him. He has a choppy stride, which may work against him at higher levels. We're not betting against him, though. To much heart and desire.

Again I hope he comes up on UNH's radar, pure playmaker that can score and at 5-7 145 is not afraid to wallop someone 6-2 210.
                            Go Cats!

Comment

I saw the boxscore of the Indiana/USNDP, and saw he had two points.. and remember you speaking of him from time to time.
                              Is your son a UNH fan as well? Is UNH on Jobst's radar at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                                I saw the boxscore of the Indiana/USNDP, and saw he had two points.. and remember you speaking of him from time to time.
                                Is your son a UNH fan as well? Is UNH on Jobst's radar at all?
                                Yes my son roots for UNH, I grew up in Durham its genetic. I know Mason's father has asked about UNH but as far as I know they haven't been contacted. So far I think they have heard from 4-5 teams from Hockey East, CCHA, ECAC and Atlantic Hockey.
                                Go Cats!

Comment

Working...
                                X