• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota/Wisconsin photos from Saturday, November 6

Definitely pulling for a Gopher sweep:

1) Gain one point in the standings over 2nd place team
    2) Duluth has an easier schedule the rest of the way
    3) Sorry, but UM doesn't have the horses this year come playoff time.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Would you settle for Badger and Gopher sweeps? I don't see how we can catch you, but the Bulldogs still seem to think that they can.
      I still want the rodents to lose. Even when it would benefit the Badgers, I still have a VERY difficult time rooting for the Gophers.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

For women's hockey, I give the gophers a pass -- they're so much more likable than a certain other team in the conference.

Comment

The perfect outcome in game 1 in Minneapolis to increase that previously insurmountable lead in the standings.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Badgers '10-'11

Has Madison Packer changed lines? Dang, she's been productive as of late. Now, we just need that magic 8th double digit goal scorer like we had in all three championship years (yes, I'm prematurely chalking up 10+ goals for MP and yes, I realize it's arbitrary.) Would like to see Deluce get going.

Comment

Badgers get out early and often and keep the foot on the pedal throughout the game. Listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like they were hounding the Husky net all night. Knight with a hat trick and 5 points overall as she continues her push for Patty Kaz.

Yeah, the ideal situation with Minnesota getting the SO win over UMD to extend the conference lead to 12 points. Still not sure I want a Gopher sweep as it would be an awfully P.O.'d Bulldog team hosting the Badgers next weekend.

Comment

Excuse me, a 13-point lead after last night. Not to pile on the issues that St. Cloud is having, but they've scored 20 goals all year. Wisconsin had 10 last night. How does that happen to a program that is located in Minnesota and has been around awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  Still not sure I want a Gopher sweep as it would be an awfully P.O.'d Bulldog team hosting the Badgers next weekend.
                  There won't be a Gopher sweep...but I hope the Bullmutts are on a one game losing streak to start the series with UW in Duluth.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Still not sure I want a Gopher sweep as it would be an awfully P.O.'d Bulldog team hosting the Badgers next weekend.
                    UMD opens their new rink next weekend. You'll be getting their best effort no matter what happens today (and after last night, a UM sweep is no longer possible.) If I were the Wisconsin braintrust, I'd want to see the best the Bulldogs have to offer, because Wisconsin didn't do that well against them in Madison. Based on what I've seen of the two teams, UW should be the stronger squad, but UMD's ability to shut down the Badger offense last time makes one wonder.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers '10-'11

You're right about the sweep. I forgot about the point distribution with ties/shoot-outs. I just remember coming out of a couple of Badger shoot-out losses and it always felt as bad as a regulation loss.

No doubt that Miller will have the Bulldogs cranked up next week regardless of today's result. UMD played well here in Madison and would have had the sweep if not for a late game meltdown. The thing about the Big Three in the WCHA is that playing on the road doesn't really seem to bother any of those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                        Has Madison Packer changed lines? Dang, she's been productive as of late. Now, we just need that magic 8th double digit goal scorer like we had in all three championship years (yes, I'm prematurely chalking up 10+ goals for MP and yes, I realize it's arbitrary.) Would like to see Deluce get going.
                        Great to see MP getting on track, after the knee injury at Nationals there were questions about her being red shirted. Just what Wisco needs, a little more offensive firepower!

Comment

I was kicking around the idea of going to the UW/St Cloud game today and then hanging around for skate with the Badgers, but after seeing that St Clown is winless thus far this season and how badly the Badgers beat them up on Saturday, I passed on it.
                          Not that Im complaning, but it certainly makes the game boring to watch when the Badgers blow out their opponent in the first period.
                          Good 4 point weekend for the ladies! Its nice to see them getting back to playing at a level that Badger fans are used to seeing after the disappointment that was last season.
                          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                          Originally posted by MadCityRich
                          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Badgers dominate the Huskies today, though Nixon was game in net for St. Cloud and was the reason it didn't get out of hand early. As a matter of fact, it was only 1-0 halfway through the game, but Wisconsin had something like a 35-1 edge in shots.

Eventually the goals came and there will be a run to Culver's later tonight to cash in on the free frozen custard.

Nice size crowd with it being "Skate with the Badgers" with both the women's and men's teams after the game. Probably not the 3,800+ officially announced, but seemed like the biggest crowd of the year to date. I did count that around 15 (out of 25-30?) of the luxury suites were open. Each not necessarily full, but people nonetheless.

Kind of an embarrassment that the UW doesn't seem to bother with a band for the team. Crowd would be much more into the game with a band....and/or more than a handful of actual UW students. At least Phil was there for the "1,2,3..we want more!" chant.

On to Duluth to help the Dogs christen the new arena.

Comment

Kind of an embarrassment that the UW doesn't seem to bother with a band for the team. Crowd would be much more into the game with a band....and/or more than a handful of actual UW students. At least Phil was there for the "1,2,3..we want more!" chant.
                              wow.. do we really need another post complaining about not having a band.. are you unable to enjoy a hockey game without the band being present?

As I have stated to you previously, the band has a standing request for events. Its up to the Band to get its students to sign up to play the events. If nobody or not enough people sign up then the band doesnt play. Were you at the Men's Basketball game where there was no band because they were at the rose bowl? They couldnt even arrange an alumni band for that!

And since you brought him up, Phil is deffinetly not wanted at Womens games! Ask around. Most of the older folks there to watch the game would rather he sit down and shut up. Yes some like Phil but his acceptability ratings get lower every season..

Women's games are totally different from the beer fueled idots on parade culutre of mens games and for those of us that are there for the game and not the idoits, like it that way.
                              The WCHA Dynasty
                              Wisconsin
                              National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                              MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                              National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                              MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                              National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                              MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
                                Women's games are totally different from the beer fueled idots on parade culutre of mens games and for those of us that are there for the game and not the idoits, like it that way.
                                You can't possibly be a Wisconsin native, knocking beer drinking like that!
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X