Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    I did change it a little. I thought Norwich had beaten RIT...so fixed that. Other than that...Gustavus and RF are the best in the west right now...Manhattanville is always overrated, Elmira and Norwich have losses...and 10 is a crapshoot so might as well be Neumann plus that a joke Oh I also don't give Middlebury credit, just because their name is Middlebury. They didn't do much last year, so until they do something this year...they don't belong. And again...is Trinity better than Superior? I don't know. They both have big goalie questions if I'm not mistaken.

I suppose I forgot Platty...but oh well...maybe I'll be right!
    Careful when you talk about Middlebury not doing anything last year; you could be describing River Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
      Careful when you talk about Middlebury not doing anything last year; you could be describing River Falls.
      River falls made the NCAA's last year didn't they?

If say Potsdam had played the exact same schedule as Middlebury last year with the exact same results, would you even consider putting Potsdam in your poll?
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

I did change it a little. I thought Norwich had beaten RIT...so fixed that. Other than that...Gustavus and RF are the best in the west right now...Manhattanville is always overrated, Elmira and Norwich have losses...and 10 is a crapshoot so might as well be Neumann plus that a joke Oh I also don't give Middlebury credit, just because their name is Middlebury. They didn't do much last year, so until they do something this year...they don't belong. And again...is Trinity better than Superior? I don't know. They both have big goalie questions if I'm not mistaken.

I suppose I forgot Platty...but oh well...maybe I'll be right!
        I truthfully don't disagree with much on your poll, with the possible exception of Lake Forest, but I guess that's still a toss-up, and the fact that you obviously forgot platty. I happen to agree with you that Trinity has little to no business being ahead of a team like superior. I had the jackets No. 7 in my preseason poll. And I also happen to agree with you ab Middlebury, but I can't completely justify having them out of the poll entirely with at least being competitive last year. I know it didn't exactly show in the W-L-T and all, but they at least kept games close. I don't know if the Potsdam comparison is really a fair one because we all know that Potsdam wouldn't have played the top teams close at all, either in terms of shots or goals allowed throughout the season.

Comment

your missing the point. If it had occurred exactly the same way as Middlebury did. You wouldn't consider putting Potsdam in the top 10, because they are Potsdam...but since Middlebury did it, they get in the top 10
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

your missing the point. If it had occurred exactly the same way as Middlebury did. You wouldn't consider putting Potsdam in the top 10, because they are Potsdam...but since Middlebury did it, they get in the top 10
            No I get it. All I said was a can't COMPLETELY justify Midd not being in the top-10, again, because they played teams close and weren't a rollover all year. I don't disagree with what you're saying in any way. I just think its just as justifiable to have them in the top-10 as to not have them in the top-10.

Comment

Here's mine. Remember I'll be compiling the poll tomorrow so get yours in.

1. Amherst
              2. Plattsburgh
              3. RIT
              4. Norwich
              5. Elmira
              6. Gustavus
              7. Manhattanville
              8. Middlebury
              9. River Falls
              10. Trinity

I based it off of the preseason poll...not many changes. I didn't really see any significant results to change it anymore than this, although I figure it will change quite a bit in the next couple weeks.
              RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

If you don't think Middlebury is a top 10 caliber team in the country, I'd love to know what you're smoking!
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

1) Amherst
                  2) RIT
                  3) Plattsburgh
                  4) Wisconsin-River Falls
                  5) Middlebury
                  6) Norwich
                  7) Gustavus Adolphus
                  8) Manhattanville
                  9) Elmira
                  10) Trinity

Comment

1. Amherst
                    2. Plattsburgh
                    3. RIT
                    4. Gustavus
                    5. Norwich
                    6. Manhattanville
                    7. Elmira
                    8. Middlebury
                    9. River Falls
                    10. Bowdoin
                    "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
                    -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      If you don't think Middlebury is a top 10 caliber team in the country, I'd love to know what you're smoking!
                      not so much much smoking, but just breathing in that good phoenix smog
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Fan Opinion Poll for November 4, 2010

Rank | Team | (1st Votes) Pts | Previous Rank
                        1. Amherst (12) 126 1
                        2. RIT (1) 120 4
                        3. Plattsburgh 89 2
                        4. Norwich 85 3
                        5. Gustavus (1) 63 6
                        6. River Falls 58 9
                        7. Elmira 53 5
                        8. Manhattanville 43 7
                        8. Middlebury 43 8
                        10. Lake Forrest 17 NR

Trinity 12, St. Kate's 10, Adrian 10, St. Norbert College 8, Stevens Point 8, St. Mary 7, Concordia Mn 6, Utica 5, Superior 4, Neumann 1, Oswego 1, Bowdoin 1

East Top 5

Rank | Team
                        1. Amherst
                        2. RIT
                        3. Plattsburgh
                        4. Norwich
                        5. Elmira

West Top 5

Rank | Team
                        1. Gustavus
                        2. River Falls
                        3. Lake Forrest
                        4. St. Kates
                        4. Adrian

I thought it was interesting that RIT was so close to Amherst with only 1 1st place vote.

Next poll will be accepted from 11/8 - 11/11
                        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                          Fan Opinion Poll for November 4, 2010
                          I thought it was interesting that RIT was so close to Amherst with only 1 1st place vote.

Next poll will be accepted from 11/8 - 11/11
                          I think RIT deserves a lot of credit for their win against the much-hyped Norwich squad. Until Amherst plays a game, however, I'm not sure how one would dislodge the defending national champion. The RIT-Amherst double-header will be real interesting later this month...

I would expect Norwich and Plattsburgh to win all of their games leading up to their 12/3 matchup against each other, so that tilt should go a long way toward determining their rankings relative to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by FranchisePlayer View Post
                            I would expect Norwich and Plattsburgh to win all of their games leading up to their 12/3 matchup against each other, so that tilt should go a long way toward determining their rankings relative to each other.
                            If anything, I think that's one of the major problems with D-III women's hockey these days. The top teams are so good that they pretty much only lose to each other, and if any of them happens to drop a game to a non-top team, they immediately exit from the post-season picture.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              If anything, I think that's one of the major problems with D-III women's hockey these days. The top teams are so good that they pretty much only lose to each other, and if any of them happens to drop a game to a non-top team, they immediately exit from the post-season picture.

Powers &8^]
                              There are only 2 Pool C bids. Take care of business and win your conference tournament and there is nothing to whine about. When it comes down to the wire and you are picking 2 teams out of the 44 non-auto bid teams how can you not hold losses to weak teams against someone's selection?

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                                There are only 2 Pool C bids. Take care of business and win your conference tournament and there is nothing to whine about. When it comes down to the wire and you are picking 2 teams out of the 44 non-auto bid teams how can you not hold losses to weak teams against someone's selection?
                                Well of course you should hold that against them. The problem is that winning the conference tournament is easier said than done for some teams, while other teams have an easier road. The way to balance that out is to provide at-large bids, and there just aren't enough of those.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X