Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Originally posted by spike View Post
    Perhaps as funny as GoJackets not ranking Middlebury anywhere?
    Ugh...get over it already, seriously. Everyone and their mother has River Falls ranked 2nd as do I. If I was such a west homer, I'd have them first. I have gustavus and Superior ranked just like most other people. #10 is a crapshoot...Tell me why Middlebury should be ranked? Lost to Elmira who has ties to cellar dwellars Oswego and Neumann. Got manhandled by Plattsburgh...tied Trinity..who you were eager to point out had a crappy weekend last weekend. Split with Amherst...who let's face it, hasn't been exactly stellar this year. They did whoop up on Wesleyan though...let me go change my poll quick.

Also please don't group me in with the pothead, thanks!
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      Ugh...get over it already, seriously. Everyone and their mother has River Falls ranked 2nd as do I. If I was such a west homer, I'd have them first. I have gustavus and Superior ranked just like most other people. #10 is a crapshoot...Tell me why Middlebury should be ranked? Lost to Elmira who has ties to cellar dwellars Oswego and Neumann. Got manhandled by Plattsburgh...tied Trinity..who you were eager to point out had a crappy weekend last weekend. Split with Amherst...who let's face it, hasn't been exactly stellar this year. They did whoop up on Wesleyan though...let me go change my poll quick.

Oswego and Neumann are not cellar dwellars. You're sadly sadly mistaken if you think that.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Oswego and Neumann are not cellar dwellars. You're sadly sadly mistaken if you think that.
        This just shows that the the people who follow the west teams, know as little about the east teams, as those eastern types who know very little on the west teams. It is unfotunately difficult to really follow the teams, except looking at box scores, that is soooo imperfect, as there are many things that impact every game.

While I appreciate the comments by GoJackets and 4and20 about the west, you have to really discount many of the opinions on the east teams, because they do not watch the games, they only read box scores, which anyone can do. If they do watch, I am surprised by their comments.

Comment

Oswego has yet to have a winning season...Neumann i'll give ya some there.

I also forgot that these teams play in the ecac west...which seems to give them all the street cred in the world but that also means they get to beat up on Chatham, Potsdam, Cortland, Buffalo State...and to a lesser extent Utica every year. So I shouldn't have said they are a cellar dwellar since they got those ones in their league. The point is that many of the "top" eastern teams seem to have fallen back toward the middle of the pack this year...which means that maybe they shouldn't get as much credit as they are being given.

Rinky...I've watched several games over webcast this season from both western and eastern teams. I have not seen oswego or neumann however.
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

The outcome of the Holy Cross game will have no bearing so here it goes.
            This Weeks Top 15 Berry Patch Poll and their combined %'s

1. UWRF .969
            2. RIT .928
            3. Platty .760
            4. Trinity .750
            5. Middlebury .708
            6. Norwich .703
            7. GAC .695
            8. M'Ville .693
            9. Elmira .690
            10. UWS .656
            11. Amherst .616
            12. Bowdoiin .598
            13. St Mary .589
            14. UWEC .573
            15. Holy Cross .564 (if they win)
            Concordia mn .559

Comment

Fan Poll

1. RIT
              2. UWRF
              3. Platty
              4. Trinity
              5. Middlebury
              6. Norwich
              7. GAC
              8. M'Ville
              9. Elmira
              10. UWS

Comment

Oswego has yet to have a winning season...Neumann i'll give ya some there.

I also forgot that these teams play in the ecac west...which seems to give them all the street cred in the world but that also means they get to beat up on Chatham, Potsdam, Cortland, Buffalo State...and to a lesser extent Utica every year. So I shouldn't have said they are a cellar dwellar since they got those ones in their league. The point is that many of the "top" eastern teams seem to have fallen back toward the middle of the pack this year...which means that maybe they shouldn't get as much credit as they are being given.

Rinky...I've watched several games over webcast this season from both western and eastern teams. I have not seen oswego or neumann however.
                I bet if you put Oswego in the NCHA, they'd be similar to Adrian. Not quite cellar dwellar material

Neumann would be right there year in and year out among the top. Maybe not win it, but they would be right there.

You have to remember that in most years, every ECAC West team gets an automatic six losses because of the powerhouse three. It's tough to show improvement in that league because of the vast difference between the top three and the rest. The gap is closing every year especially between the next tier of teams which consists of Utica, Neumann, and I'd put Oswego there now.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Neumann would be right there year in and year out among the top. Maybe not win it, but they would be right there.
                  I don't think i'd go quite that far...maybe Mic would be happy though! Those NCHA teams have beaten some of the top 3 teams before.
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                    The USCHO.com Poll is compiled weekly and consists of 15 voters, including 14 coaches of Division III programs and one women's hockey writer. USCHO.com provides in-depth coverage of college hockey.
                    Thanks Derek. But everybody knows the voters are DIII coaches and maybe hockey writers. What I wanted to know is who, specifically, by name and position, the 15 voters are. Can I and other curious DIII hockey fans get this info anywhere? I have not been able to find that info at USCHO and think it strange that names and positions of the voters seem to be inaccessible. Why the secrecy? I presume you may be the writer, so who are the others?

Comment

Originally posted by RJDJR View Post
                      Thanks Derek. But everybody knows the voters are DIII coaches and maybe hockey writers. What I wanted to know is who, specifically, by name and position, the 15 voters are. Can I and other curious DIII hockey fans get this info anywhere? I have not been able to find that info at USCHO and think it strange that names and positions of the voters seem to be inaccessible. Why the secrecy? I presume you may be the writer, so who are the others?
                      Why? So you can e-mail them and yell at them for voting in some manner that yu disagree with, and likely influencing their vote one way or another (voting the way you want to shut you up, or doing the opposite to spite you)? That, my friend, is why we DON'T know the full list of voters.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Hey, if we don't group you with the pothead, how else do we explain your ranking SNC with nine losses? And Amherst is less than stellar? Aside from their loss to "unranked" Middlebury their only losses are to RIT and Norwich? Elmira is having an off year and they are still good enough to beat anyone anytime. BTW, I am not crying, I didn't call you out based on your poll, I called you out after you posted post #441 criticizing someone else's poll choices. Watch out for those scorpion bites out there in AZ.

Comment

Here is the D-III Massey Ratings Model through games played January 23, 2011. Noticed he is not giving much "Love" to the western teams at all, top five are all from the east. A little different from the national polls.

D-I & D-III Combined (Click the NCAA III button to go to D-III Rankings)
                          http://masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=chw

* Ch = change in ranking since previous update
                          * Rating = overall assessment of the team's performance to this point in the season
                          * Power = estimated team strength going forward (used to make predictions)
                          * Offense = ability to score points
                          * Defense = ability to prevent the opponent from scoring
                          * HA = estimated home advantage
                          * SchP = strength of schedule for games played so far
                          * SchF = strength of schedule for all games, including those currently scheduled
                          * E[W]-E[L] = expected wins and losses for remaining schedule
                          Last edited by on2thinice; 01-26-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJDJR View Post
                            That's correct that I am the writer. Honestly, I don't even know a whiff of who the other 14 voters in the poll are. I'm pretty sure the only guy that does is the one who runs it, or if coaches converse with each other and tell each other.

I think part of the secrecy might have to do with getting coaches to participate. If the voters are known, it might cause hesitation to oblidge to partake in the poll because then you have to deal with crap from coaches that are p/oed when they aren't ranked properly in their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                              That's correct that I am the writer. Honestly, I don't even know a whiff of who the other 14 voters in the poll are. I'm pretty sure the only guy that does is the one who runs it, or if coaches converse with each other and tell each other.

I think part of the secrecy might have to do with getting coaches to participate. If the voters are known, it might cause hesitation to oblidge to partake in the poll because then you have to deal with crap from coaches that are p/oed when they aren't ranked properly in their minds.
                              I think there is 1 voter from each conference as there only seem to be two western voters(the two that kept putting River Falls #1)...After that it could be anyone.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                                Hey, if we don't group you with the pothead, how else do we explain your ranking SNC with nine losses? And Amherst is less than stellar? Aside from their loss to "unranked" Middlebury their only losses are to RIT and Norwich? Elmira is having an off year and they are still good enough to beat anyone anytime. BTW, I am not crying, I didn't call you out based on your poll, I called you out after you posted post #441 criticizing someone else's poll choices. Watch out for those scorpion bites out there in AZ.
                                I don't have snc ranked #10 anymore. I didn't want to hurt your feelings so I just made the change. As I said...I never criticized any person's poll, however you have been attacking mine for several days. Get over it man.
                                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                                X