X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Originally posted by Mania View Post
    Any suggestions?
    with a couple more wins, especially against .500 teams I'll have Amherst in the in the Berry Patch and maybe even in my fan poll. They're close. They'll probably be in both my polls next week depending the outcome of the Middlebury matchups. Point ??? They could be replaced by quite a few teams with better percentages. From the west they could be replaced by Lake Forest, UWS, Adrian, st Mary. From the East they could be replaced by M'Ville, Bowdoin, NEC, Amherst.

Comment

Games I'll be looking forward to this weekend:

Superior vs Lake Forest
      (One team will need to sweep to make it easier to put them into my poll for next week)

Middlebury vs Amherst
      (Two good teams, shouldn't have too much of an effect on my poll)

Trinity vs Gustavus Adolphus
      (East vs West, interested to see how this goes)

Adrian vs Stevens Point
      (A win by Adrian will bump SP out of my poll)
      I'll be watching for these big matchups

Norwich vs Holy Cross
      UWS vs Lake Forest
      Middlebury vs Amherst
      Trinity vs GAC
      Adrian vs UWSP
      St Anselm vs Amherst might be interresting

Comment

holy cross is offering video for tonights match against Norwich. Any live feeds for Amherst/Middlebury?

Comment

Originally posted by nbound View Post
          with a couple more wins, especially against .500 teams I'll have Amherst in the in the Berry Patch and maybe even in my fan poll. They're close. They'll probably be in both my polls next week depending the outcome of the Middlebury matchups. Point ??? They could be replaced by quite a few teams with better percentages. From the west they could be replaced by Lake Forest, UWS, Adrian, st Mary. From the East they could be replaced by M'Ville, Bowdoin, NEC, Amherst.
          You might want to reconsider replacing Amherst in the East with Amherst.

Comment

Shows the problem with a strict numbers-based approach.

Fails to take into account the fact that 2 of their 3 losses are to No. 1 ranked RIT, and the other to Norwich.

But it's your berry patch ... knock yourself out.

Comment

holy cross is offering video for tonights match against Norwich. Any live feeds for Amherst/Middlebury?
              Amherst webcasts many of their home games for free. Including tonight's game:

https://www.amherst.edu/athletics/jeffcast

In fact, from the Amherst Jeffcast page:

"JEFFCAST WINTER 2010-11 SCHEDULE"

"*Amherst will broadcast every home men's and women's ice hockey and basketball game for the remainder of the 2010-11 season."
              Last edited by dontyelldad; 01-14-2011, 05:54 PM. Reason: 'cuz.

Comment

Nice that is great, congrats to Amherst for supporting it's teams and fans. This is how a quality school and athletic program builds interest in it's program. My hat is off to them and I now have a favorite team in the east.

Comment

Originally posted by dogwatcher View Post
                  Nice that is great, congrats to Amherst for supporting it's teams and fans. This is how a quality school and athletic program builds interest in it's program. My hat is off to them and I now have a favorite team in the east.
                  All of Elmira's home games are available on fasthockey.com.

Some of Plattsburgh's have been available this year.

Five Norwich games have been/will be available on www.nsnsports.net/norwich. It's a professional company that is hired and there is PbP and color as well aas two cameras.

The Norwich/Manhattanville game will be on later this year.

When the students are on campus, you can't beat Oswego. They have a full function completely student run TV station that broadcasts the games with the best webcast quality cameras there a in D-II;I including at least three camera angles or more, Replays, PbP and Color, and usually four people on in-game analysis.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Who ever thought the day would come when one is faced with the choice of which game you want to watch on webcast with the same start time...

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                      Who ever thought the day would come when one is faced with the choice of which game you want to watch on webcast with the same start time...
                      some of us don't have to. some of us have a high enough bandwidth to watch 2-3 games at once :P
                      haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFalconsFan View Post
                        some of us don't have to. some of us have a high enough bandwidth to watch 2-3 games at once :P
                        It's not the bandwidth I lack...more the mental capacity to watch two things at once. Think I'll try it today with Amherst/Middlebury and Elmira/Potsdam both slated for 3:00 EST puck drops.

Comment

2010-2011 Fan Poll January 17, 2011

1. UW River Falls
                          2. RIT
                          3. Norwich
                          4. Amherst
                          5. Plattsburgh
                          6. Gustavus
                          7. Trinity
                          8. Elmira
                          9. Manhattanville
                          10 Middlebury
                          4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                          SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Anyone know what happened in the River Falls/St. Norbert game?
                            RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

If you sift through all the RIT has no class BS on the scores thread it was discussed some. Main thoughts are the SNCA goaltender was outstanding
                              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Kaley Gibson was outstanding in goal for the Lady Knights. She faced constant pressure from the Falcons in both games.
                                Allowed just four goals in 87 attempts. Her stats for the season are impressive: GAA -- 1.79. Save % = 94.7%.
                                SNC has a strong group of blue liners in front of Gibson, who also played very well in both games.
                                The key for the Knights going forward is to continue playing strong defense and score a couple opportune goals.
                                SNC Men:
                                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                                SNC Women:
                                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X