Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
    I stopped reading when I saw Wisconsin River Falls in 3rd...

They even have a little frown thingy beside it...almost like they knew, eh?

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-iii-womens-poll/
    That was supposed to be a first place vote....
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      sure...

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        was that your vote ??
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

this poll makes me very happy. i completely agree with it. funny thing is that the 1st place vote was not from me. i forgot to put up a poll. one thing is for sure, either RF will prove their western dominance or GAC will prove that their loss was a fluke when they play on friday.
          haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFalconsFan View Post
            this poll makes me very happy. i completely agree with it. funny thing is that the 1st place vote was not from me. i forgot to put up a poll. one thing is for sure, either RF will prove their western dominance or GAC will prove that their loss was a fluke when they play on friday.
            Looking at some of Gustavus' early results...my guess is that their reign is ending. 1-0 over St Thomas, 0-1 loss, 2-1 over St Olaf, 2-0 over bethel... Stevens Point beat both St Olaf and St Thomas pretty handily...and we're learning they might not be that good. St Norbert and Eau Claire beat Bethel. In these close games, GAC hasn't dominated the stat sheet the way they have in the past...I'm guessing the MIAC teams have figured out a way to shut them down a little bit.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
              was that your vote ??
              Nope. I went with the R.I.T. Tigers.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

1. Plattsburgh
                2. RIT
                3. Amherst
                4. Norwich
                5. River Falls
                6. Gustavus
                7. Middlebury
                8. Stevens Point
                9. Lake Forrest
                10. Trinity
                RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

1. RIT
                  2. Platty
                  3. Falls
                  4. Norwich
                  5. Amherst
                  6. Gusties
                  7. M'bury
                  8. Trinity
                  9. Point
                  10. Forrest

Comment

1. RIT
                    2. Platty
                    3. UW River Falls
                    4. Middlebury
                    5. Amherst
                    6. Norwich
                    7. Gustavus
                    8. Trinity
                    9. UW Stevens Point
                    10. Elmira

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                      1. Plattsburgh
                      2. RIT
                      Trying not to jinx the Tigers? =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Trying not to jinx the Tigers? =)

Powers &8^]
                        I've had Plattsburgh above RIT the whole year. I won't move them ahead until Plattsburgh starts losing.
                        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                          Its not that hard to figure out is it. All of the teams above them stumble and they moved above them. Amherst in 3rd, stumbled with the tie to Trinity, Gustavus at 4 lost to an unranked team, Norwich lost. River Falls won. I don't see the big shocker in them moving up to 3rd..except of course the eastern ego coming into play.

There are only 4 undefeated teams in the country...1,2,3 and Middlebury at 7(who wasn't ranked at the beginning of the year(right?) and have had some "close" calls with much more inferior teams. We'll know more about them early Jan.

and it could be something as simple as a different ballot was counted this week than before.
                          As I recall last year your criticism of Middlebury was that their ties with Plattsburgh, Amherst and Norwich and their OT loss to Elmira weren't "wins", and if you don't win you shouldn't be ranked. Now you are questioning that some of their wins were "close calls"? Either evaluate each game or look at W-L, but please try to at least be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                            I've had Plattsburgh above RIT the whole year. I won't move them ahead until Plattsburgh starts losing.
                            Glad someone said something about this, because I didn't want to be the first.
                            This goes more for the national poll, not the fan opinion one.
                            How can one team (RIT) jump another team (Plattsburgh), without Plattsburgh having lost a game? If they were going to jump Plattsburgh after beating Amherst, then they should have just been ahead of Plattsburgh to begin with. As far as I'm concerned, Mania, you've got it right. How sensible!

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                              Glad someone said something about this, because I didn't want to be the first.
                              This goes more for the national poll, not the fan opinion one.
                              How can one team (RIT) jump another team (Plattsburgh), without Plattsburgh having lost a game? If they were going to jump Plattsburgh after beating Amherst, then they should have just been ahead of Plattsburgh to begin with. As far as I'm concerned, Mania, you've got it right. How sensible!
                              I agree with your analysis, but there is a reasonable explanation for jumping RIT above Plattsburgh, and that would be that the voters acknowledge underestimating RIT at the beginning of the season. I'm not necessarily endorsing this, but if it is OK to give the benefit of the doubt to a defending champ, it should also be no surprise if some voters had RIT further down the list based on prior year failures. Now that they have shown they are for real, voters are giving them more respect.

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                                I agree with your analysis, but there is another reasonable explanation for jumping RIT above Plattsburgh, and that would be that the voters acknowledge underestimating RIT at the beginning of the season. I'm not necessarily endorsing this, but if it is OK to give the benefit of the doubt to a defending champ, it should also be no surprise if some voters had RIT further down the list based on prior year failures. Now that they have shown they are for real, voters are giving them more respect.
                                I agree with you, as well, with the stipulation, like you said, that I don't endorse that thinking.
                                But fact of the matter is too we're talking about their piror failures as reason for why they were ranked so low. So instead they jumped a team who they were ranked below and have not played yet this season. In the meantime, Plattsburgh was 3-0-0 against them last year and Plattsburgh's schedule is being held against it right now. RIT had the first shot at the national champs. They won and you can't take that away from them. But you can't hold Plattsburgh's schedule against it like that. Until Plattsburgh loses to a team that RIT beat, the poll is off, in my opinion.

But...oh well

Comment

Working...
                                X