Plattsburgh State 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plattsburgh State 2010

The reason Aveson left MSU is because the new coaching staff never gave her a chance. You can see from their large incoming class that the coach want to build his program his way and not inherit someone elses team. It was just time to move on.

Comment

I think Justine Fisher will be a great addition to Plattsburgh. She is a speedy little forward who is not afraid to drop back and play defense if need be. Prior to joining Colorado Select, she played with the DU Girls U19 team (with my daughter) and she was a true team player, got along great with everyone and was a lot of fun to be around.
      "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
        Obviously....I was just pointing out that these supposed D-I players were probably not even as good as the players that Platty lost to graduation. Nothing more Captain Insult!!
        I dunno. IMHO Your statement is pretty insulting to those incoming transfers.

Each transfer had their own good reasons to transfer. Really none of our business. I wish them all well in their choice and good luck in the upcoming season. Just think if it was your own D transferring. You'd support them in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
          At first you think.....wow 6 D-I transfers, but of the transfers listed on this site, it seems that these players left because of lack of production and lack of ice time, probably due to lack of production. The best point production was Klassen and she is with Syracuse and she only had 5 points, Moir (Minnesota Duluth) 11 games 0 points, Colang (Niagara) 4 games 0 points and Aveson (Minnesota State) did not play. All of these stats from USCHO. Not sure who the other 2 players are, if anyone knows cam you list those players?
          I don't think it's fair at all to conclude that their lack of outstanding production in D1 last year means they are not capable of achieving it, whether in D1 or at a level below with Plattsburgh. Stats don't ever tell the whole story. Was lack of ice time due to lack of production as you say, or lack of production simply due to lack of ice time? Really a chicken and egg question. If two players have a comparable production potential, but 1 got 15 min/game x 35 games, and the other got 4 min/game x 25 games, is it any wonder the first one achieved 5 times as many points.....after all they had more than 5 times as much ice to notch them (and probably in situations more likely to generate such opportunities) !!

Sometimes teams have so many excellent players, or other players that maybe just complement one another better skill-wise, or with more experience, that other high quality players just never get the opportunity to really demonstrate their potential. Doesn't mean the same potential isn't there at all. I'm sure most of us can name many players who all of the sudden flourished in a different environment when finally given the opportunity to shine on a consistent basis....whether in a subsequent season on their same team once the talent ahead of them graduated, or in a new situation elsewhere.

Lundy Day and Lucy Schoedel never got the opportunity to prove themselves on their original D1 teams....then moved on to other D1 programs and became immediate stars on their new teams. You could similarly have made the faulty assumption that their lack of ice time on their original D1 team was due to lack of potential for high production.

These transfers to Plattsburgh must have some potential if they were previously recruited at the D1 level. Let's hope for both their sakes and that of their new team, that the situation is such that their full potential will be realized this season.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
            Geez someone's purple feathers are ruffled.
            Not really Trots...This should be the Card's year...all the moons are lined up, Dressing Room repairs have been made...clock's fixed, the "Michigan Dogs" have been ordered, WIRY boy's are on standby & the new recruits are flush with D1 experience. If the Card's can't get er done this year...well.

Really hoping they make it to the Final Four this year...Mark my words...If not I fear one of these springs Ol' Seymore is going to go off the deep end and we'll miss him dearly!

Fruitfly...indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
              Not really Trots...This should be the Card's year...all the moons are lined up, Dressing Room repairs have been made...clock's fixed, the "Michigan Dogs" have been ordered, WIRY boy's are on standby & the new recruits are flush with D1 experience. If the Card's can't get er done this year...well.

Really hoping they make it to the Final Four this year...Mark my words...If not I fear one of these springs Ol' Seymore is going to go off the deep end and we'll miss him dearly!

Fruitfly...indeed.
              I'm having a hard time figuring out whether that whole reply was a backhanded compliment or if you are just bitter about something. if you're looking for someone to make a comment about how elmira "is still the team to beat because they won the ECACW last year no matter how much you say this is the Cards' year..." here it is. savor it. it's my experience that over-complimenting your biggest rival is just building yourself up to think you're amazing if you tear them down. Here's to seeing them eagles grounded this year

Comment

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether that whole reply was a backhanded compliment or if you are just bitter about something. if you're looking for someone to make a comment about how elmira "is still the team to beat because they won the ECACW last year no matter how much you say this is the Cards' year..." here it is. savor it. it's my experience that over-complimenting your biggest rival is just building yourself up to think you're amazing if you tear them down. Here's to seeing them eagles grounded this year
                Back handed comment? I'm crushed Trot's! You know me better than that....I'm serious. Hell EC's got nothing this year. 1 senior, bunch of rookies still trying to find there way to class. No...I predict RIT & Platty will duke it out this year for sure...unless...

Comment

I predict RIT & Platty will duke it out this year for sure...unless...
                  ...oh? whats this? a cliffhanger that will have to wait until the east-west classic? What kinda tricks is fargo concocting over there?

Comment

...oh? whats this? a cliffhanger that will have to wait until the east-west classic? What kinda tricks is fargo concocting over there?
                    Actually ...you weren't invited to the East-West Classic...sorry about your luck.

Have to wait till the December 11th weekend to sink your teeth in to the young Eaglets this year at the Stafford again...Yawn... and then of course again at the Panther-Cardinal in early 2011 where the Card's will be able to extend their exemplary record at the very tourney that bears their name.

It`ll be a massacre.

Comment

It`ll be a massacre.
                      Yer a regular Laura Secord aren't ya....nice to see you got your prescription refilled.

Comment

And..... for the 2nd year in a row Platty doesn't have to leave their building in order to face the Soaring Eagles... I mean ya know...if ya wanna play the best you gotta come to their barn right?

I'm thinking we just anoint them National Champs.. I mean with 6 D1 transfers who has a chance... and while we're at it I see no reason why Houle shouldn't be awarded "Coach of the Year" right hear and now. 6 stud recruits without ever having to leave your office? Brilliant!!

Comment

Hey...it worked for George Steinbrenner...

Comment

This will probably be the year Neumann wins it.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 2 for chirping View Post
                              And..... for the 2nd year in a row Platty doesn't have to leave their building in order to face the Soaring Eagles... I mean ya know...if ya wanna play the best you gotta come to their barn right?

I'm thinking we just anoint them National Champs.. I mean with 6 D1 transfers who has a chance... and while we're at it I see no reason why Houle shouldn't be awarded "Coach of the Year" right hear and now. 6 stud recruits without ever having to leave your office? Brilliant!!
                              Forgive me, but I really just can't seem to figure out the apparent resentment for the fact that Plattsburgh nabbed some D-I transfers. You both keep referencing the fact that Houle "recruited without having to leave his office..." and blah blah blah. Why do you care so much? I mean, first of all, that statement is ridiculous in itself. If you thought about it for a second, you'd know that wasn't possible. Second of all, if he was able to get some D-I players, it affects "you" for no other reason than the fact that its a few more players for a team that you are hoping to beat at some point in the season. Speak your peace and be done with it. There is no need to take shots at the coaching staff and recruits. No need for the sarcastic comments about anything. I just don't understand the attitude and resentment in both of yours and 5-4's comments throughout this whole thread. The act is getting pretty old and the script is pretty well being played out at this point. We get it. You aren't happy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 for chirping View Post
                                You also act as if Plattsburgh told Elmira that the only way they would play this year would be if they came back to Plattsburgh? I mean, do you realize how completely ridiculous that statement is? It's much more ridiculous seeing it typed out than when you think it in your head, I'm sure. Get a clue. It's a balanced schedule factor. Less travel for more teams in one season and top teams not having to play all the other top teams on the road in the same year. Not that hard to figure.

My box of Kleenex is on its way...

Comment

Working...
                                X