Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Smaller Schools......

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You still don't get it. Think forward. WHEN the BTHC forms, THEN those smaller schools will start earning less revenue.

This quote is from GopherPuckLive, by the guy who runs the site (Jupiter). Bolded part is my doing, since it directly pertains to my revenues standpoint:
    No you are wrong I do get it and it sounds like there was and currently is a problem before the scary BTHC gets started.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      $90,000 - $100,000 per team? that seems a drop in the bucket ...
      Agreed. That's a nice chunk of change, but hardly the stuff that kills programs.

Like I said, if your hockey program can't survive with a budget that takes a 30k haircut (since they won't be losing all of that revenue), then the program wasn't likely to survive in the first place.
      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

I don't think $100,000 less would kill Tech hockey. we'd suck it up somewhere else. UND uses that much for DUI lawyers. DU caters meals worth more than that. CC donors spend it on chuck-a-puck. Minnesota has Lucia's hair insured for more.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I don't think $100,000 less would kill Tech hockey. we'd suck it up somewhere else. UND uses that much for DUI lawyers. DU caters meals worth more than that. CC donors spend it on chuck-a-puck. Minnesota has Lucia's hair insured for more.
          Tech uses it as hush money for all the co-eds Mitch Lake sexually harasses.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

It wouldn't kill it, but it would put a dent in some budgets. Again, that's just from one tourney. Add to that the loss in regular season revenues and such...I think that the programs will slowly erode, and eventually some schools will be lost.

As for starting new D1 programs...well, look how long it took a major school like Penn State to go D1.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Tech uses it as hush money for all the co-eds Mitch Lake sexually harasses.
              we go cheap
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by cycledown View Post
                You always point people out but like crazy eddie dont contribute
                All the anti BTHC people want to do is point people and the issue out instead of talking about ideas/solutions on how to avoid folding of college hockey .

This is the same pattern when the Penn State discussions 10 years ago took place on this board.
                The people that disagreed or the cronies like big blue developed USCHO pack mentality

You sound a lot like that dolt Osorojo, are you sure you aren't a second alias for him?

Your ability to not grasp that you are in the minority leaves something even for Hokydad to strive for. Face facts, you are repeating yourself, no one agrees, and you aren't changing any minds. Move on...off a bridge or something.

Now back to the 100 Greatest Movies

Rocky
                Rambo
                Fast Times at Ridgemont High
                Stand By Me
                The Shining
                Cycledown as Rain Man
                The Breakfast Club
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  You sound a lot like that dolt Osorojo, are you sure you aren't a second alias for him?

Your ability to not grasp that you are in the minority leaves something even for Hokydad to strive for. Face facts, you are repeating yourself, no one agrees, and you aren't changing any minds. Move on...off a bridge or something.

Now back to the 100 Greatest Movies

Rocky
                  Rambo
                  Fast Times at Ridgemont High
                  Stand By Me
                  The Shining
                  Cycledown as Rain Man
                  The Breakfast Club
                  You have alot of negative reps ***. I contributed to get people talking about smaller schools financial troubles, but your rants didnt prove anything except to you trying to score points with posters whom disagreed. Disagreeing was part of the discussion if you read the thread starter and finally fear of schools folding terminated the thread. For your ignorant self that is a good thing so there are deeper financial issues abound in college hockey that have nothing to do currently with the BTHC issue. If the moderator wants to close the thread great, I got something out of it and if not so be it. One thing you exposed yourself as a ignorant cronie. END OF STORY.
                  Last edited by cycledown; 09-18-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

You have alot of negative reps ***. I contributed to get people talking about smaller schools financial troubles, but rants didnt prove anything except to you trying to score points with posters whom disagreed. Disagreeing was part of the discussion if you read the thread starter and finally fear of schools folding terminated the thread. For your ignorant self that a good thing so there are deeper financial issues abound in college hockey that have nothing to do currently with the BTHC issue. If the moderator wants to close the thread great, I got something out of it and if not so be it. One thing you exposed yourself as a ignorant cronie. END OF STORY.
                    Can you name one benefit for smaller schools?
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Small schools? Let’s get small… CC is gonna eat the WCHA lunch this year… Here’s looking at all the other “small” schools that posted . F U guys! ALSO… Penn St can go ahead and suck a fart out of my ass…
                      Originally posted by vizoroo
                      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                      Originally posted by duper
                      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                      Originally posted by dggoddard
                      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Small schools? Let’s get small… CC is gonna eat the WCHA lunch this year… Here’s looking at all the other “small” schools that posted . F U guys! ALSO… Penn St can go ahead and suck a fart out of my ass…
                        Originally posted by vizoroo
                        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                        Originally posted by dggoddard
                        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                          You make cycleclown look smart.

Comment

The TSA has added the BTHC to their 'No Fly List'

Large D1 schools, in all sports, love to play smaller schools because of the 'open a can of whoop *****' feeling that comes along with it. The more crushing the win the more prestige the big schools get. Think of it as an energy drink for them. For this, they pay a small stipend to the smallers schools to be their patsy for a day or weekend.

The smaller schools benefit from the additional income and 'if', they have a good accountant on their staff, work out the numbers in their favor. College after all is a business. Does this additional income go into the hockey program, maybe, maybe not. Does this help the program suceed, again, it all depends.

No offense to the smaller schools here by the way.

Maybe the NCAA needs to act like a profesional sports organization and look after the health of their members like the NFL and MLB. They (NCAA) seem to do this for basketball and football but from what I've read here, not so much for hockey, leaving it up to the individual conferences to muddle through it.

That's just my thoughts on this, thank you for reading and feel free to go back to ripping each other, it's been enjoyable reading.

FSU and Miami, I didn't know the State of Florida had two college hockey teams, duh!
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

You have alot of negative reps ***.
                              I do thanks for noticing. I have worked hard to inflame the BC and UML fans and have reaped the rewards. Most of my negative rep hasn't come from ****** rants.
                              I contributed to get people talking about smaller schools financial troubles,
                              You did? Hmm, I have seen at least a dozen threads already doing so. Near as I can tell what you contributed to was showing everyone that you fail at understanding the concept of "dialogue"

For your ignorant self that is a good thing so there are deeper financial issues abound in college hockey that have nothing to do currently with the BTHC issue.
                              Ignorant? That would imply I don't understand the discussion. That's not the case, I just don't agree and choose not to entertain this idiotic foray you have initiated.

If the moderator wants to close the thread great, I got something out of it and if not so be it. One thing you exposed yourself as a ignorant cronie. END OF STORY.
                              Ignorant cronie...good one. Your wit and snappy remarks should be a new bar for everyone to try and attain.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

A Big 10 Conference in hockey means better visibility for college hockey nationally, so I'm all for it. The smaller schools will be fine, but I do think the liklihood of an RIT, Bemidji, or Brown's chances of ever winning a title will be pretty much ended.

The B10 schools, the power brokers in Hockey East (BC, BU), and the western teams (UND, DU) will be the only teams that probably will consistently win national titles going forward. It'll resemble NCAA basketball which may or may not be good depending on what school you root for.

You can't deny that it's good "overall" for the sport though
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X