So That's Why UAH Got Shafted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So That's Why UAH Got Shafted

Okay, Paula, you noted that the fears of the BTHC were the major reason UAH was treated poorly by the CCHA. Well, now that it appears the BTHC will come to fruition, what now? Is DI hockey going to contract or will teams remain viable to actually grow? Of course, if Illinois and Indiana, heck even Iowa, enter the landscape, it will clearly grow (or stay static number wise); but, what of the "little" guys currently in the WCHA and the CCHA? At least the Chargers appear to have at least some semblance of a future (albeit, in the short term) and thus may be able to weather the coming storm better than others (as long as some teams agree to travel to Huntsville to play, of course). I'd say this is an exciting time for college hockey, but, being a long-time UAH supporter, I just cannot agree. If support and desire to field a program are such a problem with other schools, why treat a team like UAH with such flippancy? Bully for the Nittany Lions, here, as they have an angel to swoop in and provide the impetus to get a DI program off the ground. Forget, though, that a good program south of the Mason-Dixon line has been competitive for quite a while now and hasn't folded (despite the apparent desire for such an outcome from a large number of DI schools and supporters), yet. Oh well, I vent, therefor I am...

Re: So That's Why UAH Got Shafted

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
    Okay, Paula, you noted that the fears of the BTHC were the major reason UAH was treated poorly by the CCHA. Well, now that it appears the BTHC will come to fruition, what now? Is DI hockey going to contract or will teams remain viable to actually grow? Of course, if Illinois and Indiana, heck even Iowa, enter the landscape, it will clearly grow (or stay static number wise); but, what of the "little" guys currently in the WCHA and the CCHA? At least the Chargers appear to have at least some semblance of a future (albeit, in the short term) and thus may be able to weather the coming storm better than others (as long as some teams agree to travel to Huntsville to play, of course). I'd say this is an exciting time for college hockey, but, being a long-time UAH supporter, I just cannot agree. If support and desire to field a program are such a problem with other schools, why treat a team like UAH with such flippancy? Bully for the Nittany Lions, here, as they have an angel to swoop in and provide the impetus to get a DI program off the ground. Forget, though, that a good program south of the Mason-Dixon line has been competitive for quite a while now and hasn't folded (despite the apparent desire for such an outcome from a large number of DI schools and supporters), yet. Oh well, I vent, therefor I am...
    Keep venting, I love it! I don't remember seeing Penn State put up the numbers in Club Hockey like UAH did! We did it with all local talent, all the guys that I can remember were from or in and around Huntsville. Thus our hockey program started! I can only hope that schools will continue to come and maybe one day one of UAH's supporters will win a big lottery and then we can have an "Arena of Dreams" and if we build one they will come( a conference)!!!!

Comment

I feel your pain
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

It’s been a rough night… But I watched Iowa suck it up against – I think – Missouri State today… The hockey I witnessed sucked balls… Just like any team from State College!
        Originally posted by vizoroo
        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
        Originally posted by duper
        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
        Originally posted by dggoddard
        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Working...
        X