Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hockeytown100 View Post
    The stuff about the football game ripping the band, fake noise, and attendance is spot on. VERY disappointing. I would love to go on a rant about the football program, but this isn't the place for it.

Wish I could talk about hockey this weekend, but I missed both games (first time I've missed 2 consecutive home games in over 5 years). Was suppose to go Saturday, but didn't feel well after the football game. Really thought we would sweep OSU so I am
    bummed. Getting any points against Michigan next weekend would be a nice gift if you ask me...
    I thought the band was great at the hockey game, it might be a phasing issue there. That and it might help to have an actual marching band thats somewhere in the 75 to 100 member range. The weather probaly didn't help much either. Either way, not the worse I've seen at a football game. That honor goes to Tiffins marching band. This year they just up and left halfway through the third quarter. I know it was a blowout and it was raining, but hell, packup the water sensitive stuff and do some cheers or something.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty

FYI, Chris Garner auction (UMD equipment manager's medical bills) includes a Ferris State gameworn - crimson Riley - http://server2.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/m...gi?oberman2/17

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• Re: Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty

Students should be LOUD for the Friday game. As long as the university doesn't try to turn the Dawg Pound into a high school cheer team like they seem to want to, the crowd should be great on Friday. Hopefully the Bulldogs play well. Their 3rd period on Saturday against OSU was ugly. Otherwise, they looked fairly good in that game.

After a rough game, I wonder if Nelson gets the start or if Bob goes to Nagle again?

Comment

2-2 tie after overtime, Ferris takes the extra point in the shootout 2-0. Defensemen with the goals in the SO. Go figure.

Okay, folks. We know the rules. In the NCAA eyes this is a tie. The shootout is for CCHA standings purposes only. Let's not act like a bunch of mouthbreathers talking about how we beat Michigan. We've been here before. Let's act like it, shall we? We've had a nice night, let's not blow it.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Video Highlights of the Michigan @ Ferris State 10/29/10 - FSU Shootout Win:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhfIkPYAT9Y?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhfIkPYAT9Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Post Game Press Conference - FSU Head Coach Bob Daniels:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNx_HdHKPGI?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNx_HdHKPGI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Post Game Press Conference - FSU Defensemen/Captain Zach Redmond:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dgFDihKZiU?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dgFDihKZiU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              2-2 tie after overtime, Ferris takes the extra point in the shootout 2-0. Defensemen with the goals in the SO. Go figure.

Okay, folks. We know the rules. In the NCAA eyes this is a tie. The shootout is for CCHA standings purposes only. Let's not act like a bunch of mouthbreathers talking about how we beat Michigan. We've been here before. Let's act like it, shall we? We've had a nice night, let's not blow it.
              Yeah, I was actually a bit disappointed considering we had the 2-0 lead late. Redmond's goal was the best goal I'd ever seen at a Ferris game, just sick. Of course, we managed to give one up right away and then right at the end. So it's a bit of "what could have been" although getting a tie/SO Loss certainly isn't a "bad" result.

Crowd was excellent, I thought. Although like you said Hammer, it is telling that the 3 shooters in the SO for Ferris were defensemen.

Comment

Well, we almost gave one right back right after the first goal, too. Michigan was swarming. We also had at least two grade A chances in the 1st period that we didn't bury, either. We had our chances, but we didn't capitalize on enough to get the win.

On a positive note, we did do a really nice job on the PK.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Just returned from Yost. I'm not overly upset with the loss. We didn't play a poor game. We got a little undisciplined, and I think we ran out of gas in the last 5 minutes.

I've only seen this team this weekend, but this doesn't appear to be a bad team. They don't appear to be undisciplined, and they don't fight the puck like many of our teams have in the past. They seem to know what to do in the offensive zone, and they did a nice job this weekend in handling Michigan's PP, for the most part. I think Michigan got a PP goal tonight. I don't like what I see in the power play, but that can be worked on.

Either the coaching staff is recruiting much better in the last couple years, or Coach Daniels and company are doing a really nice job of coaching these kids. I suspect that it's a combination of the two. If they continue to play like they did this weekend, I'm going to enjoy watching what I can of this team, win, lose, or draw.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Just returned from Yost. I'm not overly upset with the loss. We didn't play a poor game. We got a little undisciplined, and I think we ran out of gas in the last 5 minutes.

I've only seen this team this weekend, but this doesn't appear to be a bad team. They don't appear to be undisciplined, and they don't fight the puck like many of our teams have in the past. They seem to know what to do in the offensive zone, and they did a nice job this weekend in handling Michigan's PP, for the most part. I think Michigan got a PP goal tonight. I don't like what I see in the power play, but that can be worked on.

Either the coaching staff is recruiting much better in the last couple years, or Coach Daniels and company are doing a really nice job of coaching these kids. I suspect that it's a combination of the two. If they continue to play like they did this weekend, I'm going to enjoy watching what I can of this team, win, lose, or draw.
                    Tenacious forecheck, typical trapping strategy. Seems that if Ferris stay out of the box they'll be in most games this season- guys like Alexander for instance. They don't have the same firepower as last season so it seems that Daniels is content with the defense first approach- although comments from both coaches suggest that they are (rightly) not pleased with either's offensive execution. I guess we'll see how each team improves come January in the re-matches. Michigan fans slant is that they are sleep walking right now, same as last season. It may be that they just aren't as good as they think, too, which is my conclusion. Good luck next week against Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      Michigan fans slant is that they are sleep walking right now, same as last season. It may be that they just aren't as good as they think, too, which is my conclusion.
                      I suspect that the latter is true. A couple other Michigan posters and I had that conversation. You know which ones I'm talking about. I could be completely off base here, but I dont think so. This Michigan team reminds me of ones we saw ~10 years ago. Good? Yes. Great? Uh-uh.

Wish I had seen you last night. Sorry about that. There will be other opportunities, I'm sure.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, we almost gave one right back right after the first goal, too. Michigan was swarming. We also had at least two grade A chances in the 1st period that we didn't bury, either. We had our chances, but we didn't capitalize on enough to get the win.

On a positive note, we did do a really nice job on the PK.
                        That is one thing that has looked very good this year in my opinion. We've had a great penalty kill. Unfortunately, it feels like we have to use it too often.

Powerplay still needs work.

Comment

Well, Dom mentioned Friday night that our PK was at about 78%. That, coupled with Michigan's usually strong power play, usually equals disaster. However, we did a nice job all weekend.

EDIT: Upon further review, the PK is around 82% for the year after this weekend. That's still not good, but it's early. A couple years ago our PK after a couple weeks was in the 60's. The PIM are way down, just under 15/game. I'll happily take that.

There may be a troll on the way. There will be no doubt who he is. Ignore him. Don't feed. He's a *-stirrer that will and nothing to any conversation.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 10-31-2010, 01:01 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I suspect that the latter is true. A couple other Michigan posters and I had that conversation. You know which ones I'm talking about. I could be completely off base here, but I dont think so. This Michigan team reminds me of ones we saw ~10 years ago. Good? Yes. Great? Uh-uh.

Wish I had seen you last night. Sorry about that. There will be other opportunities, I'm sure.
                            Yeah, I think I know who you mean although I have not seen them this season. I did see Alfa and Bluevox last night, but we really didn't come to a consensus. I made a trip around the rink between the first and second periods, looking for other familiar faces but didn't see anyone-pretty much as conspicuous as their postings have been. Saw Red after the game while I was talking to a Dekers club member and he looked... angry. Asked him a question and he just glared at us and gave a two word response that..isn't repeatable. I agree with your comments about the Ferris pk. That and the fact that Michigan's hasn't been real strong in the recent past. The Ferris PP started the weekend converting 23%, but they look a great deal better than that. It is worth it just watching Billins and Redmond. And yes, the discipline is much better, although that was a killer last night taking a penalty with :56 to go and down a goal.

It would have been good to see you, but we'll get together in the future.

Comment

Hi everyone, I would like to take a minute to welcome myself to the FSC thread. People were giving me a hard time on the Laker thread so my good friend Hammer invited me to come and join in here. I'm really looking forward to talkin' a little Bronco hockey. Ferris State College is now gonna be my second favorite team thanks to my new bff Hammer. This is gonna be just sooooo much fun chit chatting with everybody on here. And just think if Hammer hadn't kept coming over to the Laker thread we might never have met and this wouldn't have been possible. Take care everyone and I can't wait to talk about our beloved Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Boot_Jim_Roque View Post
                                Hi everyone, I would like to take a minute to welcome myself to the FSC thread. People were giving me a hard time on the Laker thread so my good friend Hammer invited me to come and join in here. I'm really looking forward to talkin' a little Bronco hockey. Ferris State College is now gonna be my second favorite team thanks to my new bff Hammer. This is gonna be just sooooo much fun chit chatting with everybody on here. And just think if Hammer hadn't kept coming over to the Laker thread we might never have met and this wouldn't have been possible. Take care everyone and I can't wait to talk about our beloved Broncos.
                                LSSU should restart its football program to combat is declining enrollment.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X