Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty

Good to see our freshmen step up as Kane and Thompson each got a goal and two assists tonight as the Dawgs beat St Lawrence 4-2 in front of a home crowd of almost 1600 (pretty good for a non-conf game).

Not sure who picks the three stars, but how'd they miss Thompson??

Good Win tonight, DAWGS!! Now we need a repeat tomorrow!

Comment

Re: Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
      Good to see our freshmen step up as Kane and Thompson each got a goal and two assists tonight as the Dawgs beat St Lawrence 4-2 in front of a home crowd of almost 1600 (pretty good for a non-conf game).

Not sure who picks the three stars, but how'd they miss Thompson??

Good Win tonight, DAWGS!! Now we need a repeat tomorrow!
      Great shot bye Kane an absolute snipe short side, thats a goal scorers goal and hopefully many more to come. Thompson played extremely well shows how much confidence Daniels has in him to be putting him out on the pk and was well deserving of a star nomination. Huge goal for Hennig as well getting the game winner, hopefully he can keep it up pretty sure he had an assist in the exhibition game vs OIT, and an assist vs UAH so a big 3 game point streak for him. Only negative i can say about tonights game was a few of the offensive zone penalties need to cut those out. All in all a good an impressive game for the bulldogs and like you said hanasoni hopefully a repeat 2mmrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ShootSnipeScore View Post
        Great shot bye Kane an absolute snipe short side, thats a goal scorers goal and hopefully many more to come. Thompson played extremely well shows how much confidence Daniels has in him to be putting him out on the pk and was well deserving of a star nomination. Huge goal for Hennig as well getting the game winner, hopefully he can keep it up pretty sure he had an assist in the exhibition game vs OIT, and an assist vs UAH so a big 3 game point streak for him. Only negative i can say about tonights game was a few of the offensive zone penalties need to cut those out. All in all a good an impressive game for the bulldogs and like you said hanasoni hopefully a repeat 2mmrow.

Hennig had a goal in the game vs. UAH to tie the Friday game at 2-2, not an assist. So far Hennig has that assist in the exhibition game. Sat the 1st game vs. UAH. Played the 2nd game vs. UAH and had the game tieing goal at 2 a piece. And then played the third game vs. St. Lawrence and had the game winning goal in the 4-2 victory, while recording first star on the night. Also, while in Huntsville when Redmond was in the penalty box and there was a "fight" after the whistle, Head Coach Bob Daniels sent Hennig to the referee to get the feedback, maybe labeling him as a Captain?

He might be our new Blair Riley, we'll see?

Comment

It's nice to see this team winning games and scoring goals in these early season non conference games. How they start in the non conference tends to be an indicator of the season to come.

Just curious...what is the starting line up, 2nd line, 3rd line? Anybody looking good who isn't showing up on the box score?
          see you in the pound

Comment

Pretty solid game tonight. Would like to see more of the scoring chances converted and the powerplay needs some serious work, but can't be too discouraged by a shutout, even if it was St. Lawrence.

Comment

And attendance promptly fell out of bed again on Saturday night, from the mid-1500's to the mid 1200's. What the hell's going on? This shouldn't be happening. This team has given people absolutely no reason for this lack of support, I don't care if it is just St. Lawrence.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by totalx View Post
                Pretty solid game tonight. Would like to see more of the scoring chances converted and the powerplay needs some serious work, but can't be too discouraged by a shutout, even if it was St. Lawrence.
                Congrats on the sweep. Not sure I agree with the "even if it was just St. Lawrence quote" or need I remind you the last time these two teams played we handled you rather easily in the Vermont tournament a few years ago.

From all accounts your boys played well and your goaltending was solid. No excuses but we are rebuilding and have around 7-8 freshman who are playing and starting out the year. For so early in the year we are already dinged up with one of our Senior forwards out with a concussion (Keller) and one of our best freshman also out. You did well to keep us off the scoreboard last night as our first line of Bogosian and the Flanagan brothers is pretty talented.

Best of luck the rest of the way.
                SLU

Comment

Allow me to clarify, at least my St. Lawrence quote.

My "even if it was just St. Lawrence quote" refers to, quite frankly, the lack of drawing power St. Lawrence has in the west. Much like Ferris' lack of drawing power if they were to come east. Fans don't exactly flock to the arena to see St. Lawrence when they come into town like they would a Michigan, Michigan State, or out east, Boston College. And again, you could probably say the same about Ferris in the east. That's what I meant by that.

The attendance still should have been better than 1,266. That's not the university's fault.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 10-17-2010, 10:40 AM.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Solid goaltending from Nagle, penalty kill looked strong, team played well.

Comment

Student crowd on Saturday at least was respectably good, even if the University wants to limit our freedom. The rest of the crowd was surprisingly small. Like you mentioned though, St. Lawrence isn't really a draw.

I can't wait until next Saturday for OSU. Wish I didn't work so I wouldn't miss these first few Friday games.

Comment

looking good so far...
                        "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                        CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

1st game was the traditional free game to all students that I started 3 years ago. My radio partner Dan Kowalski and I went around to Oakwood, UPS, and Creeks Edge Apartments and put flyers under every car windshield wiper. On average 300-400 cars per apartment complex.

Then we went to over 10 different dorm halls on campus and taped a flyer to each door handle. Theres on average 100-200 dorm rooms per dorm hall.

Also, there were signs around campus as well as advertisements on the tables in the cafeterias on campus.

Making a game free to students, putting flyers out to basically the entire campus...I expected way more students then were there Friday night even though the Student Section did wrap around to the press box at the rink...there's not much more I can do to promote Ferris Hockey. Saturday night did not have the free game to students, but the Dawg Pound was sold out....just the community not supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            Allow me to clarify, at least my St. Lawrence quote.

My "even if it was just St. Lawrence quote" refers to, quite frankly, the lack of drawing power St. Lawrence has in the west. Much like Ferris' lack of drawing power if they were to come east. Fans don't exactly flock to the arena to see St. Lawrence when they come into town like they would a Michigan, Michigan State, or out east, Boston College. And again, you could probably say the same about Ferris in the east. That's what I meant by that.

The attendance still should have been better than 1,266. That's not the university's fault.
                            Well, you are always welcomed to come and add a little to that attendence number Hammer.

GVSU at Ferris next weekend, along with the Visiting Buckeyes. Would be a great weekend to be at Ferris, especially if the weather holds out.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fbn_WEyYwJk?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fbn_WEyYwJk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

We played poorly in both games.Our forwards have to be better.D and tending were solid. There were some greasey goals that went in and our passing up front was poor.Some players get the puck and you can see they are a one man band and are going to shoot.Hey boys heads up and look for the open man. When you see guys with 5-7 shots in a game it can tell you 1 of 2 things.Either he shoots when ever he gets it and does not think about his teammates or he is playing a dominant game.To me noone was dominant in the past 2 games.

Comment

I wouldn't say we played poorly, always room for improvement but would not goes as far to say poorly. It's definitely weird to see schmidt up front, and Graham back on the blue line, but both guys i think played extremely well with schmidt being some what of a power forward, and Graham being a good puck moving defensemen and even contributing with a nice goal. Good to see Hennig on a nice goal streak as well providing a senior leadership and contributing as well, big for his confidence and confident players are dangerous players. What was key in game 2 it seemed that the top line of st. Lawrence with the speedster #32 and the brothers really were unable to get anything going. I would like to see the pp improve with better puck movement but that will come with time. Noticed this as well nothing to do with the game, but do Refs not wear nameplates anymore I noticed it this weekend, I believe last year they did but not 100% sure. Dawg Pound looked good for both games, and hopefully the community attendance improves, but it was nice to see some old faces in the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X