Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty box

It was pretty even at even-strength, although the Bulldogs' defense definitely chocked the Chargers' offense, keeping our guys out of the slot at virtually every turn. Our guys took a couple ill-timed penalties and your guys capitalized. Fourth goal was an ENG.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Re: Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty box

Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post
      Two things:

1. Please don't call us Alabama. Call us Huntsville if you have to go to one word.

2. The broadcast was scrapped last night due to problems with America One/B2 last night. Purportedly it is on for tonight, and if it is, you will be hearing me on the audio part of the feed.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Re: Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty

I'm sorry that B2 crapped out again, claiming network issues we just aren't seeing. We are trying to get a upstream.tv feed going during the intermission. Will let you know If we do!

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Two PP goals allowed, plus a SHG. That's nobody's idea of how to win hockey games, gentlemen.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

What is it with the bulldogs is it that hard to stay out of the box? Very disapointed with a split this weekend. After this weekend one thing to me is clear, Nagle has to be the go to goaltender and another thing, as good as the pk was last year not sure if it's going to be as stellar this year. I know it's still early and CCHA play has not begun yet but this lost hurts.

Comment

Too good not to share.
              *****http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/5063617761_118704f1ba.jpg******
              -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
              web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Originally posted by ShootSnipeScore View Post
                What is it with the bulldogs is it that hard to stay out of the box? Very disappointed with a split this weekend. After this weekend one thing to me is clear, Nagle has to be the go to goaltender and another thing, as good as the pk was last year not sure if it's going to be as stellar this year. I know it's still early and CCHA play has not begun yet but this lost hurts.
                I have to admit, given the title of this thread, the comment here is quite funny to me. Embrace the penalty box, for it is your destiny.

We were glad to host you folks, but we did promise not to roll over for the games. Still, I wish you luck with the rest of your season, and offer a simple bit of advice:

Don't let the agitator win. As soon as your team took it into their heads to collectively avenge themselves, they allowed someone else to dictate the actual game. I know you're sore over that hit Thursday, and Bastian got his 15 for it, but parading yourselves to the box on Friday didn't avenge anything, and we'll happily take the win.

For those complaining about the post coming off its moorings, I suspect the poor ice in that corner contributed to it far more than anything else, because while it came off more during our period there, it was also coming off when you were down at that end too.

Anyway, good luck and we look forward to future series with Ferris State.

Comment

Poor ice in Huntsville in October? The hell you say. It couldn't be that one-legged Zamboni driver [who once tossed me out of a game, forever making us mortal enemies] who hasn't figured out after a decade that he can't put too much water down, could it? Or having the door open for too long? Or it being over 80F later this week?

I loved [read: hated] there being ponds early in the 2nd and 3rd behind each goal. Made breaking out a real task.

I talked to a couple FSU players before and after games, and they were nice and polite. I think they enjoyed being in the South for a couple of days. I assure you that they'd enjoy it more in three more months. I also found it telling that Daniels was praising how easy of a trip it was from Big Rapids to Huntsville, just 10.5 hours on the road. I'm hoping he'll tell his AD that it's not that bad. I'd still really love to see the Chargers in the CCHA.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Dom - wasn't able to get audio from either of the UAH-Ferris State games.

Went to link you posted but at game time, there was some other program on the radio?

Is there any way to access a replay of the broadcasts?

Video broadcasts were unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                      Dom - wasn't able to get audio from either of the UAH-Ferris State games.

Went to link you posted but at game time, there was some other program on the radio?

Is there any way to access a replay of the broadcasts?

Video broadcasts were unavailable.

Thursday, we did not have audio streaming. Friday we did, but it kicked in during National Anthem. No, there is no way for you to watch the video again unless you contacted either teams coaches and asked for a copy of the DVD...which I don't know if they would give up. lol

Sorry ChargerSupporter. Nice Series.

Comment

Thursday, we did not have audio streaming. Friday we did, but it kicked in during National Anthem. No, there is no way for you to watch the video again unless you contacted either teams coaches and asked for a copy of the DVD...which I don't know if they would give up. lol

Sorry ChargerSupporter. Nice Series.
                        Thanks Dom. Considering the shots-on-goal totals I guess the Chargers should be pleased with the series split.

All the best to the Bulldogs in CCHA play, hope UAH is able to join you in that conference in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                          All the best to the Bulldogs in CCHA play, hope UAH is able to join you in that conference in the near future.
                          I would second that. It looks better for us if you're top-four in the CCHA again this year, especially if the Chargers could repeat that split in mid-February in Big Rapids...

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hey Guys,

Below is the Ferris State Hockey 2010-2011 Television Schedule:

Ferris,State,Hockey,2010,2011,Television,Schedule,  TV,NCAA,College,University

I don't have official confirmation on the Minnesota game, so don't quote me on it...BUT all their games are televised on FSN North or FSN Minnesota. The last couple years (One vs. BGSU last year), their tournament games have been on FSN North at 7:07pm Central, which is 8:07pm Eastern. So we'll see.

Edit on the 12/5 game, should be 11/5

Enjoy!
                            Minnesota made it official. Our game at Mariucci Arena will be televised on Fox Sports North:

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSel...22&SPSID=38858

Comment

Re: Ferris State Hockey '10-11-Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penalty

Zach Redmund was nominated for the Senior CLASS award, along with 19 other seniors across D1 hockey. CLASS stands for "Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School."

Voting will take place during the season, and yes, fans are involved, I'm just not sure how, yet. Stay tuned.

Congrats, Zach, and good luck on winning the award!

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                I'm sorry that B2 crapped out again, claiming network issues we just aren't seeing. We are trying to get a upstream.tv feed going during the intermission. Will let you know If we do!

GFM
                                I've believe they've been crapping out all year for a lot of football games, doesn't surprize me any.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X