UMD 2010-11 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD 2010-11 Season

Martin looked a bit nervous/shaky the first period but played to the level we've seen before the second and third periods.. I'm expecting a rotation every other night between Harss and Martin until one of them has a bad streak and the other takes over.

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
      Whats going on UMD?

Opening Night Jitters

Didn't expect to see the #1 team play to a 3-3 tie to a 12 player Whitecaps team...

Anybody care to share some thoughts..
      I dunno. I thought that the Whitecaps Roster was stacked with some amazing talent that would make for a good game tonight. Potter's still got her mojo, that's for sure. And I'm so happy to see Iya playing. And Touminen... and...and... and....

First game, exhibition, new system of play.... I thought it went as I expected. Maybe I'll think differently tomorrow.

I will say this. WONG? That girl is amazing and it's just gonna get better.

Comment

Not to keep posting over and over but thinking of stuff as I download nearly 500 pictures to go through tonight..

Friddy's shoulder is still not right.. even after the surgery.. she got banged into the boards in the second period and she went right to the bench holding it low.. we already know she can gut it out, but she's gotta do it for 6 months this time

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

Comment

The duo of Nixon and Pezon from St. Cloud was impressive also.. the Whitecaps are that good.. and UMD is learning a brand new system and had it out on the ice in game form for the first time.. you could see Coach Shuler asking Shannon about positioning for her defense a lot as she learns the system also.

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

Comment

Originally posted by dhmn View Post
            Friddy's shoulder is still not right.. even after the surgery.. she got banged into the boards in the second period and she went right to the bench holding it low.. we already know she can gut it out, but she's gotta do it for 6 months this time
            That's a tough surgery for anybody. The rotator cuff is a complex area. I suspect it will take some more strengthening. Let's just hope it can get strong and not re-injured this season.

Comment

Why is Miller implenting a whole new system when her team is the defending NCAA champs?
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Why is Miller implenting a whole new system when her team is the defending NCAA champs?
                She sees what she has on this team, and installs this system. They graduated 3 defensemen last season and only have 4 on the roster so it fits well. The team will pick it up fast, and as the game went on they got more and more chances while forechecking 3 players and rotating the defensive spot. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch their progress when they come home for their official season start after going to North Dakota next weekend.

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

Comment

I don't know how, but it was reviewed by the referee afterwards, and Kim Martin kept Iya's shootout attempt out of the net

*****http://www.viewthroughmylens.net/Galleries/UMDWomensHockey/201011/VsWhitecaps/UMDWomenVsWhitecapsTM30.jpg******

It's nice to have some of the 'muscle' back this season as well:
                  *****http://www.viewthroughmylens.net/Galleries/UMDWomensHockey/201011/VsWhitecaps/UMDWomenVsWhitecapsTM14.jpg******

*****http://www.viewthroughmylens.net/Galleries/UMDWomensHockey/201011/VsWhitecaps/UMDWomenVsWhitecapsTM27.jpg******

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                    I thought that the Whitecaps Roster was stacked with some amazing talent that would make for a good game tonight.
                    Playing the Whitecaps is a little like a spring training baseball game where the caliber of the opponent can vary depending on whether you get the full roster or a split-squad "B-team". I wonder if people like Ruggerio, Chu, Cahow, etc are even in the area or if their names are just left from the Olympic centralization. Still, the college teams are lucky to have the Whitecaps around, because they do always have a few players who are as talented as anyone.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

My understanding is none of the players you mentioned will be playing with the White Caps this season. However, one K.P.(formerly W) will be suiting up with the team as her schedule permits.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                        However, one K.P.(formerly W) will be suiting up with the team as her schedule permits.
                        It would be nice to see her in action next weekend; it's been a long time.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                          My understanding is none of the players you mentioned will be playing with the White Caps this season. However, one K.P.(formerly W) will be suiting up with the team as her schedule permits.
                          Good to hear!
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Interesting note on the Whitecaps games (I had to work football or I'd be at the UMD women's game obviously right now.. just got home) they're using the dreaded rule that you can't dump the puck shorthanded in their games with the WCHA teams.. I really hated the rule on paper.. and I really.. really hate the rule now

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

Comment

A win is a win, exhibition game or not. Winberg went down real hard and looked like she was holding her shoulder ala Friddy, but she came back to finish the game. Everyone looked good and I'm glad Lana got another game under her belt. The freshmen worked hard and that's good to see. And Jaakkola's not afraid to shoot...I like that.

Speaking of Lana, she added her own twist to the phrase "dinging one off the post" (see below)

*****http://www.bulldoghotshots.com/img_4829.jpg******

Comment

I think the way the "torpedo" works.. the defense BETTER shoot or move the puck fast or they can have two opposition in their face right away.. wish I could have been there.. especially when the football game I worked was a 35-0 loss.

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X