Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD 2010-11 Season

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
    Huh, no mention of local girl, Paige Turner. Maybe it's a paperwork/ it aint' official 'til it's official/ blah blah blah kinda dealio.

Exciting stuff, these new players!
    I certainly don't want to come across as being nasty, but are there not better goalies available or is this more about keeping a local goalie? Or, recruiting a goalie that would be content being the third goalie(paying her way)?

Just curious as I've seen Ms Turner this season and have been waiting to see something that would justify her being a div 1 recruit. Again, no intention of being nasty.

Anyone? Thanks!

Comment

Huh, no mention of local girl, Paige Turner. Maybe it's a paperwork/ it aint' official 'til it's official/ blah blah blah kinda dealio.

Exciting stuff, these new players!
      No mention of Emma Stauber either.

Comment

Originally posted by wild77 View Post
        No mention of Emma Stauber either.
        Oh yeah-- nice catch, Wild. I'm going to chalk it up to the signing processes- none of which I fully understand because I'm not a parent nor athlete that has had to go through that. Something tells me if I just focus on THIS season, by the time it's over, the recruits and all the other peices will fall into place. There's still so much time, no?
        Last edited by skatefast; 12-09-2010, 11:47 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

LAST collegiate game at the DECC Bulldog Fans!!! And it's sure to be a good one with the Meanie Greenies showing up!

Last weekend's show was a good one, you cannot argue with the looong history of the men's game, but the girls get to turn out the lights. Hope you can all make it down because it's gonna be too dang cold to do the Bentleyville thing.

Nice little coverage by the news tonight. Made me relive that Championship game against Harvard. Wow. What a ride this program has had!

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/...809.html?vid=a

Comment

LAST collegiate game at the DECC Bulldog Fans!!! And it's sure to be a good one with the Meanie Greenies showing up!

Last weekend's show was a good one, you cannot argue with the looong history of the men's game, but the girls get to turn out the lights. Hope you can all make it down because it's gonna be too dang cold to do the Bentleyville thing.

Nice little coverage by the news tonight. Made me relive that Championship game against Harvard. Wow. What a ride this program has had!

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/...809.html?vid=a
            It'll be like closing a library...

Comment

Both national titles that they won at the DECC were special, but Tallus's OT goal in '03 was something I'll never forget. Shutting out Wisconsin for the 2008 title was great, too, but a shutout isn't the same. Karine Demeule getting a goal as the lone senior playing her last collegiate game was kind of neat, though.

There's nothing like a full house at the DECC for games like those. I started watching men's games in high school ::cough:: 30+ years ago, so I'll miss the DECC. But I can't wait for Amsoil Arena to officially open. The long Christmas break is going to be excruciating!

And Coach Miller was classy enough to say she's happy they're playing a good team to close out Bulldog hockey at the DECC. Maybe Brian Idalski can stop himself from making his usual a**hole remarks about playing UMD for once since it is kind of a special weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                Maybe Brian Idalski can stop himself from making his usual a**hole remarks about playing UMD for once since it is kind of a special weekend.

Why would he stifle his educated, accurate thoughts and opinions? Not a "special" weekend for him.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Because that's what people with class do sometimes when the occasion calls for it.

Comment

Because that's what people with class do sometimes when the occasion calls for it.
                    Don't think it's an ocassion of much significance to Brian Idalski. Maybe he'll follow the fine examples of classy set by a couple UMD fans with their own a**hole remarks about overrated players on perennial bottom dweller UND with unicorns and rainbows shooting out their butts.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Looking at the stats for the past five years, North Dakota finished in last place three of those five seasons. In the other two, out of eight teams in the league they tied for fifth place (2008-09) and finished seventh (2007-08.) Which part of that sounds to you like they were anything but mediocre coming into this season?

As far as the twins, Jocelyn has put up much better numbers than her sister for some reason. I don't know if she's always been better or what, but she's top 10 in national stats in a few categories anyway, far above her sister. As a tag team threat, they aren't living up to the pre-season hype no matter how you look at it. That's not being an a**hole. That's being honest.

Comment

As far as the twins, Jocelyn has put up much better numbers than her sister for some reason. I don't know if she's always been better or what, but she's top 10 in national stats in a few categories anyway, far above her sister. As a tag team threat, they aren't living up to the pre-season hype no matter how you look at it. That's not being an a**hole. That's being honest.
                        One has 14 goals, 7 assists, while the other 8 goals 13 assists.. that's a "tag team" to me.. they're exactly even in total points.. the one who scores, is assisted by the other.

If UMD stops the first line, they'll win both games.. if they come out slow they could dig a hole one night they can't get out of

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

I think there's some other talent on UND that people overlook. And if Ney has her game on, the 'Dogs will need to be crafty with their shots. It IS going to be a great game. And Idalski is still a thug.

I keep watching that video reel of that championship game. My god, if HALF... hell, if A QUARTER of the people at that game showed up during the regular season... it would be so amazing. Guess I'll just have to yell louder. Who's with me? I really hope we can all get some extra people to accompany us for the Amsoil opener against Wisconsin. It's going to be amazing.

Oh... and did anybody else smell something really nasty a bit ago? Like a un-showered, creeper, troll? I coulda swore.. but anyway. LET'S PLAY BULLDOG HOCKEY!

Comment

There's no doubt that UMD must be prepared to play from the very first drop of the puck. ND has shown they're winners . . . but I also believe that UMD's depth at the skill positions should give them the upper hand. The only thing I really worry about with this team is their penchant for taking things for granted. I'm hopeful for another game where UMD has a ton of shots and that 4 or 5 go in. If that happens UMD will win.

Skate . . . thanks for posting the news clip . . .I love it . . . if you were there AND a UMD fan you'll never, ever forget the way the place erupted!!! That whole championship weekend was a great tribute to the seniors . . . from the standing O at the end of the Dartmouth semi to the U-M-D chant that filled the place long after the winning goal was scored. And too, the great, great fan support of Santa when her name was announced to receive whatever it is they get in the ceremony. She's such a modest person and to see her actually acknowledge the crowd was something special.

Yes, too bad they don't get that kind of support all the time. I'm doing all I can to get some extra butts in the seats for the WI series as well!!

See ya'll later. . .

Comment

I expect we won't need to do much work to get butts in the seats for Wisconsin's first trip to Amsoil Arena.. nor other team's first times in.. after that we'll be looking for attendance again

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

Looking at the stats for the past five years, North Dakota finished in last place three of those five seasons. In the other two, out of eight teams in the league they tied for fifth place (2008-09) and finished seventh (2007-08.) Which part of that sounds to you like they were anything but mediocre coming into this season?

Now you've gone from labeling UND a "perennial bottom dweller" to "mediocre." You didn't call the program mediocre, it was a "perennial bottom dweller." So a team finishes last in the WCHA three times in the programs infancy as a WCHA member and that makes them a perennial bottom dweller? If they were a perennial bottom dweller they'd still be on the bottom. Three last place finishes in the WCHA doesn't constitute that team being a perennial bottom dweller. Sounds a lot more like misconception of the term perennial than honesty IMO. Same as bad mouthing Idalski for his past astute observations. Anyone paying attention noticed the Sioux became far more competitive in each game as soon as Idalski took the helm. Anyone who actually knew what they were talking about would be aware that Monique has historically had the higher point totals of the two. They're the top two scorers on their team with identical pts. totals. How exactly is one "far above" the other? You called them overrated, that's not being honest...that's a lack of familiarity with their abilities. Take a look at their numbers as freshmen...vs. the "exalted" Haley Irwin that season. Guess that means Irwin was hugely overrated and didn't live up to her hype right? The twins are doing exactly what they were recruited to do for The Fighting Sioux, lead the team out of the basement and make them competitive with the rest of the conference. Looks to me like that's just what they've done in their first season with the team.

And Idalski is still a thug.
                                How so? Care to explain the basis for this sentiment and classy observation? All the uproar when anyone criticizes Shannon Miller, but for another empty headed UMD fan that clearly knows Idalski so well she can publicly state he's a thug. Okay, we'll all take your knowledgeable assessment as fact. Imagine a comment of similar sentiment directed at Miller. That would be outrageous and the fur would certainly fly. You flip your lid if someone makes a joke about the Chancellor and her water bottle escapades.

Oh... and did anybody else smell something really nasty a bit ago? Like a un-showered, creeper, troll? I coulda swore.. but anyway. LET'S PLAY BULLDOG HOCKEY!
                                BTW, if another forum member disagrees with comments made in this thread and posts their alternative point of view, that doesn't make them a troll. Get over yourself and learn to tolerate a difference of opinion. That happens in discussion forums and members have the right to post their opposing POV. It's not required that one be strictly a UMD fan to post herein. If you simply can't tolerate a post from anyone other than a UMD fan and respond with childish insults you should just go away.

So, Idalski's a thug because? Is it because he doesn't wear a sparkly sport coat?
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X