Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD 2010-11 Season

Since I missed Friday night.. I'm going to pretend that game never happened

OSU has a heck of a goaltender... especially the speed of her glove hand.

Just a couple random shots from the 8-0 win

No comment
    *****http://www.viewthroughmylens.net/Galleries/UMDWomensHockey/201011/VsOSU/UMDWomenVsOhioStateTM3.jpg******

A reaction shot from Wong as she thinks the puck is going top shelf, shot by her from the blue line, didn't get the good shot of the glove taking it away.
    *****http://www.viewthroughmylens.net/Galleries/UMDWomensHockey/201011/VsOSU/UMDWomenVsOhioStateTM10.jpg******

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

One more, having fun with the extra 2 frames per second my new camera's got over my other one.. the puck went through that hole and all the way through the crease
      *****http://www.viewthroughmylens.net/Galleries/UMDWomensHockey/201011/VsOSU/UMDWomenVsOhioStateTM5.jpg******

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

And one significant milestone that might've gotten lost in the hoopla over the 8-0 blowout:

Head coach Shannon Miller got her 300th NCAA win last night and did it faster than any other women's coach in NCAA history. Miller reached that mark in her 12th season to pass Harvard coach Katy Stone, who did it in 15 seasons. Congrats!

Comment

P.S. I chatted with Tara Gray last night and she said she's feeling good and hopes to be cleared to play next weekend. Wheeee! (as long as she's healthy...concussions scare me)

Comment

Nice pics again . . .thanks! So, . . . what accounts for those two back to back performances?? I thought Friday night the gals were into the "let's get the perfect goal" and one more passed it too often. And, I mean how often does Joce fall down??? to let Natalie Spooner walk it in alone??

Hoping such is not the case this weekend . . . we need two good games against Bucky.

Comment

Thanksgiving week, so let's be thankful for all the players that have donned the Bulldog maroon and gold, have given us hundreds of memorable moments and 5 national championships by . . . picking your all-time UMD roster!!! (2) Goalies; (4) Defenders and (6) Forwards . . . I couldn't sleep last night so this is what I got to thinking about!! I have "my" team, but will wait a bit before posting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
                . . . picking your all-time UMD roster!!! (2) Goalies; (4) Defenders and (6) Forwards . . .
                Forward is a bit tough, because you've been pretty stacked over the years. Could cheat and move Ouellette to D, but she really was a F. Off the top of my head:

G: Kim Martin; Tuula Puputti.
                D: Jocelynne Larocque; Navada Russell; Julianne Vasichek; Jaime Rasmussen.
                F: Caroline Ouellette; Jenny Potter; Haley Irwin; Maria Rooth; Emmanuelle Blais; Erika Holst.

As for thankful, I'm thankful that a year from now, all but Irwin will have graduated.
                Last edited by ARM; 11-23-2010, 11:53 AM. Reason: grammar
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

G: Kim Martin; Patricia Sautter
                  D: Navada Russell - Brittany Ralph; Julianne Vasichek - Jocelyne Larocque
                  F: Maria Rooth - Caroline Ouellette - Erika Holst
                  Hanne Sikio - Haley Irwin - Sara O'Toole

And ARM you're right . . . too many F to chose from.The discussion/debate could be endless. Iya would be on this list as I think she had the potential to be in the top 3 . . . but with such limited time . . . Potter is off my list intentionally. Never really liked her style.

Will be interesting to see more selections.

Comment

. . . Potter is off my list intentionally. Never really liked her style.
                    Isn't she the all time leading scorer for the program?
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      All time Goals is Maria Rooth (119). All time POINTS is Potter.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                        Yes, she is. But, I wouldn't want her on my team.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Forward is a bit tough, because you've been pretty stacked over the years. Could cheat and move Ouellette to D, but she really was a F. Off the top of my head:

G: Kim Martin; Tuula Puputti.
                          D: Jocelynne Larocque; Navada Russell; Julianne Vasichek; Jaime Rasmussen.
                          F: Caroline Ouellette; Jenny Potter; Haley Irwin; Maria Rooth; Emmanuelle Blais; Erika Holst.
                          I'm mostly with you, ARM, but I would mke room on D for Trep (Myriam Trepanier).

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                            I'm mostly with you, ARM, but I would mke room on D for Trep (Myriam Trepanier).
                            Who would you drop? (That's the fun of it!)

Comment

Who would you drop? (That's the fun of it!)
                              Don't make me do it BINNY! You know I live in a world where no one graduates. Mmm...maybe Navada but I don't know why. I have no reason other that I just really liked watching Trep play.

I was just thinking of Goalies-- my all time faveorite position and Ritta Schaublin came to mind. Remember her? But for sure Santa is my #1 Pick.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                                Don't make me do it BINNY! You know I live in a world where no one graduates. Mmm...maybe Navada but I don't know why. I have no reason other that I just really liked watching Trep play.

I was just thinking of Goalies-- my all time faveorite position and Ritta Schaublin came to mind. Remember her? But for sure Santa is my #1 Pick.
                                Of course I remember her!!! My list of honorable mentions(HM) (which I did not post) is very long and includes Ritta and Tuula. Every one of UMD's starting goalies has been a worthy selection. Every position is like that . . . the hardest for me to leave off the F list was Elin. I picked O'Toole becuase she rose to the top when the team needed her the most. She had one of the most special senior seasons (as did another HM listee - Blais) of any UMD player ever. Newfie was another I had a hard time leaving off.

Comment

Working...
                                X