Kristen Cameron - Get Well Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristen Cameron - Get Well Soon!

Mercyhurst Assistant Coach Kristen Cameron was struck by a drunk driver last night while riding her bike not far from campus. Please see the following report from the Erie Times:

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...=2010309139930

This young lady is a real sweetheart. She is a hard worker, and she is very, very well liked and appreciated by the Laker community. I hope you'll join me in wishing and praying for her hopefully expeditious and full recovery.

http://www.hurstathletics.com/coache...6&path=whockey
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: Kristen Cameron - Get Well Soon!

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
    I hope you'll join me in wishing and praying for her hopefully expeditious and full recovery.
    Ms. Cameron, I add my prayers that you may get well soon.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
      Mercyhurst Assistant Coach Kristen Cameron was struck by a drunk driver last night while riding her bike not far from campus. Please see the following report from the Erie Times:

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...=2010309139930

This young lady is a real sweetheart. She is a hard worker, and she is very, very well liked and appreciated by the Laker community. I hope you'll join me in wishing and praying for her hopefully expeditious and full recovery.

http://www.hurstathletics.com/coache...6&path=whockey
      Terrible news. And the article indicates her condition has now just been downgraded to critical. I most certainly join you in praying for her successful recovery, as well as getting drunk drivers off the roads permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
        Terrible news. And the article indicates her condition has now just been downgraded to critical. I most certainly join you in praying for her successful recovery, as well as getting drunk drivers off the roads permanently.
        Get well Soon
        Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Coach Cameron is in my prayers. Get well coach.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Tragic news! Kristen graduated with the Editor's daughter, and I am sure the entire Polar Bear community joins us in wishes and prayers for her recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
              Terrible news. I most certainly join you in praying for her successful recovery, as well as getting drunk drivers off the roads permanently.
              Seconding both of your wishes. God speed to the PEI girl, and hope they throw the book at this 49 year old. Some people never learn.

Comment

A speedy recovery for Miss Cameron and a long slow rot in jail for the drunk asswipe. Kudos to the witness for following this clown and seeing that his deeds did not go unpunished.

Comment

My cousin's six-year-old daughter was killed by a drunk driver, a repeat offender. He did his slap on the wrist jail term and got out. A few years later, he was himself killed by a drunk driver. I hadn't considered it until then, but I thought that was an appropriate price to pay.

Best wishes to Ms. Cameron for a full and quick recovery.

Comment

Latest news on Ms Cameron
                    Thoughts and prayers are with you Kristen.. Get well soon!

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9956/-1/SPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by mercyfan View Post
                      Latest news on Ms Cameron
                      Thoughts and prayers are with you Kristen.. Get well soon!

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9956/-1/SPORTS
                      You don't want to read too much into it, but this article does seem more optimistic than what was posted yesterday, when she was "downgraded" to critical.

Sure hope she can fully recover and rejoin her team at some point. And as others have said, and assuming he's found guilty, I sure hope they throw the book at this drunk so he doesn't get another opportunity to maim or kill anyone else.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                        A speedy recovery for Miss Cameron and a long slow rot in jail for the drunk asswipe. Kudos to the witness for following this clown and seeing that his deeds did not go unpunished.
                        I concur 100% with HUX. Prayers and a speedy recovery for Ms. Cameron, and no mercy for the drunken swine who put her and others at risk. It is so unfortunate that punishment for drinking and driving is viewed and acted upon with little consequence. Probably not his first offense...although maybe the first time caught. Hopefully justice will see that it's his last.
                        Bline

Comment

Originally posted by lcharb View Post
                          I concur 100% with HUX. Prayers and a speedy recovery for Ms. Cameron, and no mercy for the drunken swine who put her and others at risk. It is so unfortunate that punishment for drinking and driving is viewed and acted upon with little consequence. Probably not his first offense...although maybe the first time caught. Hopefully justice will see that it's his last.
                          This is what disturbs me the most.

From Erie.com "A witness told police that Peters continued driving about 300 yards south before getting out of his 1979 Chevrolet Caprice to inspect the damage. The witness later followed Peters to his Waterford home, where he was arrested by state police. ".

Thank god for this Witness.

One of my D's former teammates got killed by a drunk driver in a head on crash not that long ago. She was only 21. Case is still in the courts.
                          Last edited by OnMAA; 09-14-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

WOW, she was my daughter's favorite coach at a camp this summer - super nice, complimentary and knowlegable. She is a great asset for Mercyhurst. Get well, they need you!

Comment

I cannot imagine getting that phone call as a parent....the longest trip ever to get to your child's bedside had to be torture. My family's prayers are with you Kristen and family.

Comment

Working...
                              X