Northeastern Huskies 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Huskies 2010-2011 Season Thread

Considering we have just under 3 weeks before the first game, we need a season thread. Begin.

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2010-2011 Season Thread

on-ice practices start this week. surface should be set by tuesday morning.
    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
      on-ice practices start this week. surface should be set by tuesday morning.
      dope. can't wait, might take a peak inside matthews sometime this week.
      Arenas Attended
      Matthews Arena
      Agganis Arena
      Tsongas Arena
      Lawler Arena
      Schneider Arena
      Mullins Center
      TD Banknorth Garden
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Alfond Arena
      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Saw this on twitter today...http://***********/keithlavon/status/24386294214

Looks pretty nice!
        MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Have season tickets gone out yet..? Thnks for any info.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
            Saw this on twitter today...http://***********/keithlavon/status/24386294214

Looks pretty nice!
            Would you translate (or copy/paste) for those of us who don't speak Twittish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
              Would you translate (or copy/paste) for those of us who don't speak Twittish.
              Try this!

http://plixi.com/p/44922311
              MATTHEWS ARENA

Comment

matthews with the ice in it is the most beautiful sports arena on the planet. amped
                Arenas Attended
                Matthews Arena
                Agganis Arena
                Tsongas Arena
                Lawler Arena
                Schneider Arena
                Mullins Center
                TD Banknorth Garden
                Conte Forum
                Whittemore Center
                Gutterson Fieldhouse
                Alfond Arena
                Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Question for you guys - does Northeastern athletics have that streaming online game feed that you can purchase either by game or by season? A friend of mine (Northeastern alum) is moving to the west coast in a couple of weeks, and while he never really followed that closely while he was living here, realized he's going tobe totally out of the loop where he's going. I wanted to send him a link if you guys offer that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Question for you guys - does Northeastern athletics have that streaming online game feed that you can purchase either by game or by season? A friend of mine (Northeastern alum) is moving to the west coast in a couple of weeks, and while he never really followed that closely while he was living here, realized he's going tobe totally out of the loop where he's going. I wanted to send him a link if you guys offer that.
                    www.gonu.tv, both by game and season option
                    MATTHEWS ARENA

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      The student radio station also has pretty decent coverage, they do pretty much every game (home and away): www.wrbbsports.com

Comment

Awesome - thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          Have season tickets gone out yet..? Thnks for any info.
                          No idea. We haven't gotten ours yet....
                          Originally posted by Bakunin
                          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

From DHD for anyone who's interested:

This is how it works.

The DHDs will try to "adopt" every member of the hockey team. You can adopt multiple players and you can adopt duplicates, but I want every player to get adopted.

For your adopted player you agree to pledge the following amount at the end of the year...

http://gonu.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

For every game the hockey team WINS you will donate:

$5 for every goal scored by an adopted player
                            $2 for every assist recorded by an adopted player
                            $5 bonus for a game winning goal scored by an adopted player

$20 for a shutout by an adopted player.

This amount is doubled if it is in the first round of the Beanpot or in the Hockey East Quarters
                            The amount is tripled if it is the Beanpot Final or the Hockey East Semis/Finals or the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament.
                            The amount is quadrupled if it is a NCAA Frozen Four Game

I will participate but I will wait for 10 other people to join in pledges before I try to pick any players. If you donate already this is a fun way to give a bonus to the team. If you're a student it will be a fun way to pick some players who might not score a lot, but still help the program by doing so.

Remember you only need to pay for the games where the team records a victory!

Email selections to jon.bachand at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                              From DHD for anyone who's interested:

This is how it works.

The DHDs will try to "adopt" every member of the hockey team. You can adopt multiple players and you can adopt duplicates, but I want every player to get adopted.

For your adopted player you agree to pledge the following amount at the end of the year...

http://gonu.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

For every game the hockey team WINS you will donate:

$5 for every goal scored by an adopted player
                              $2 for every assist recorded by an adopted player
                              $5 bonus for a game winning goal scored by an adopted player

$20 for a shutout by an adopted player.

This amount is doubled if it is in the first round of the Beanpot or in the Hockey East Quarters
                              The amount is tripled if it is the Beanpot Final or the Hockey East Semis/Finals or the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament.
                              The amount is quadrupled if it is a NCAA Frozen Four Game

I will participate but I will wait for 10 other people to join in pledges before I try to pick any players. If you donate already this is a fun way to give a bonus to the team. If you're a student it will be a fun way to pick some players who might not score a lot, but still help the program by doing so.

Remember you only need to pay for the games where the team records a victory!

Email selections to jon.bachand at gmail.com
                              So if I adopted Tuckerman or McNeely I wouldn't have to pay extra for each game misconduct HFB?
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X