The University of Vermont Official 2010-2011 Season Thread : Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The University of Vermont Official 2010-2011 Season Thread : Part 1

Your 2010-2011 University of Vermont Catamounts ....

1 John Vazzano Jr. G
    2 Drew MacKenzie Jr. D
    3 Chris McCarthy So. F
    4 Nick Bruneteau Fr. D
    5 Arthur Griem Fr. D
    6 Kyle Medvec Sr. D
    8 Sebastian Stalberg So. F
    9 Wahsontiio Stacey Sr. F
    10 Brooks Herrington Fr. F
    11 H.T. Lenz Fr. F
    12 David Pacan So. F
    14 Anthony DeCenzo Fr. F
    15 Kevan Miller Sr. D
    17 Matt Marshall Jr. F
    18 Ben Albertson So. F
    19 Matt White Fr. F
    20 Lance Herrington Jr. D
    21 Jack Downing Sr. F
    22 Josh Burrows Sr. D
    23 Connor Brickley Fr. F
    24 Tobias Nilsson-Roos So. F
    26 Brett Leonard Sr. F
    27 Anders Franzon So. D
    28 Dan Lawson Sr. D
    29 Rob Madore Jr. G
    33 Alex Vazzano Fr. G

With the Season Opener against DU one month away and the first exhibition in 24 days. Whose on the Ice whose on the Bench? Who scores the first goal? Does Burrows stay at D or play F.

My guesses :

Burrows - McCarthy - Stalberg
    Downing - Brickely - Stacey
    Leonard - Marshall - Pacan
    Nilson Roos - White - Albertson

Medvec - Lawson
    Miller - Franzon
    Mackenzie - Griem/Bruneteau

Madore
    Vazanno Jr.

Obviously I think Burrows stays up on Forward and my wild guess is he gets the first goal of the year.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: The University of Vermont Official 2010-2011 Season Thread : Part 1

The Stanley Cup will be at the Catamount Store's Grand Opening on Church ST this coming Saturday. There will be a parade up Church ST and photo ops for those who wish.

Also, Sneddon will be at the store from 12-1 on Friday for a meet and greet along with other coaches.

http://uvmathletics.com/news/2010/9/...907100534.aspx

Comment

how can you predict the lines wihout seeing the freshmen practice or play.if we have such a good freshmen class,how come only a few can crack the lineup.i think as the talent level increases every year it becomes moree difficult to get playing time.the upperclassmen will have to improve from last year to keep pace.

Comment

Lenz will be playing - he's going to remind us of dean strong

Comment

I agree with dwb

On paper I think leonard, Marshall, and Albertson are all on the bubble with decenzo, harrington and possibly white depending on how quickly he adapts to the pace of D1

Despite losing a nice class to graduationlast year this team should be deeper although very young up front

The next few seasons the offense should be impressive

This class of freshmen is good, the 2011 incoming class is even stronger

Comment

Originally posted by dwb View Post
            how can you predict the lines wihout seeing the freshmen practice or play.if we have such a good freshmen class,how come only a few can crack the lineup.i think as the talent level increases every year it becomes moree difficult to get playing time.the upperclassmen will have to improve from last year to keep pace.
            Well you can easily predict what the lines might be, it's just has a high probability of being wrong. However, with limited practice prior to the start of the season, I think you will see only a few of the Freshman crack the starting line up on opening night as they won't be familiar with and ready to institute the system like those that have been around for a year or more. After a few weeks I agree that with the talent of the incoming class more of them will be in the starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
              I agree with dwb

On paper I think leonard, Marshall, and Albertson are all on the bubble with decenzo, harrington and possibly white depending on how quickly he adapts to the pace of D1

Despite losing a nice class to graduationlast year this team should be deeper although very young up front

The next few seasons the offense should be impressive

This class of freshmen is good, the 2011 incoming class is even stronger
              Leonard was voted most improved last season, he played quite well towards the end of the year and a high energy kid. I think he is in the line up with a high level of frequency. Marshall, who knows he really never has developed despite significant ice time, but I think he experience gets him a starting spot initially. Albertson, got very little playing time and I agree he will be on the bubble and will have to work hard and improve to earn and keep a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                The Stanley Cup will be at the Catamount Store's Grand Opening on Church ST this coming Saturday. There will be a parade up Church ST and photo ops for those who wish.

Also, Sneddon will be at the store from 12-1 on Friday for a meet and greet along with other coaches.

http://uvmathletics.com/news/2010/9/...907100534.aspx
                Yeah, The former UVM Strength and Conditioning Coach is bringing it.
                Would have loved to see Patrick Sharp bring it to the Gut like LeClair and St. Louis did.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

I really hope Alex Vazzano is as good as advertised. I think competition for playing time will push Madore to an even higher level!

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Well you can easily predict what the lines might be, it's just has a high probability of being wrong. However, with limited practice prior to the start of the season, I think you will see only a few of the Freshman crack the starting line up on opening night as they won't be familiar with and ready to institute the system like those that have been around for a year or more. After a few weeks I agree that with the talent of the incoming class more of them will be in the starting lineup.
                    Please stay off drugs. You can not be as stupid as you sound

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      *****http://www.daveandtamibell.com/images/Troll%20Alert%20-%20No%20BS.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        Don't sell jcarter short... he's a tremendous slouch.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Don't sell jcarter short... he's a tremendous slouch.

Exactly...

I write stuff and post without proofing. He obviously does and it is startling how stupid he is. That last paragraph he wrote was similar to watching the scene from Boogie Nights on New Years eve when they were setting off the firecrackers in the dealers apartment.

Comment

Since there appeared to be some discussion as to how many of the incoming freshman would crack the lineup and take spots from the upper classmen I thought I would look into their stats :

Connor Brickley 52GP 22-21- 43 = 0.83 ppg

HT Lenz 59GP 21-27- 48 = 0.84ppg

Anthony DeCenzo 60GP 14-16-30 = 0.5ppg

Matt White 53GP 10-9-19 = 0.36ppg (note: this is 2008-2009 stats when White was a 16 year old and the youngest player on the team)

Brooks Herrington 46GP 19-28-47 = 1.02ppg (2009 stats)

Nick Bruneteau ??GP 5-38-43

Arthur Griem 41GP 1-7-8 = 0.2ppg

Alex Vazzano 0.926 sv% 26-5-3 record Ranked #6 in CSS North American Goalies for 2009. Ahead of #17 Kieran Millan.

Stats are stats, but I was surprised with Lenz, I agree he should be a starter from the start, along with Brickley and Herrington. Not sure about White will depend on his adjustment and what he did over the summer.

I think you will definitely see Vazzano push Madore throught the season, and I have to think there will be an initial rotation.

Comment

Former Catamount Jonathan Higgins signs with he ECHL Cincinnati Cyclones.

Nice little article:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/p...311/-1/NEWSMAP

Comment

Working...
                              X