Elmira Soaring Eagles 2010/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira Soaring Eagles 2010/2011

Captains practices are starting this Saturday! Everybody is present and accounted for...+ 2!

It should be an interesting year for EC. Nine (9) newbies in camp to replace the eight (8) graduated seniors. Seven (7) forwards & two (2) defense as Fargo et al. try and replace their point production from last year.

EC's first weekend goes @ Norwich U on October 29/30th which sees Boldings Cadets hosting... McDonalds's Tigers, Paulsen's Pilgrims & Fargo's Soaring Eagles in the East-West Classic.

Got the rooms booked at "The Inn at Johnnycake Flats" and looking forward to a great weekend of hockey!
    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 09-07-2010, 03:43 PM.

Re: Elmira Soaring Eagles 2010/2011

Be sure to keep us updated on the progress and outlook of the new freshmen....now that you have graduated to sophomore status your opinion has more merit
    Elmira College '08
    The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back....Go Elmira College Women's Hockey 11-12

Comment

Originally posted by EC724 View Post
      Be sure to keep us updated on the progress and outlook of the new freshmen....now that you have graduated to sophomore status your opinion has more merit
      Will do.

In my Rookie year...I didn't realize that @ EC all incoming freshman are on the JV team until tryouts are finished and the roster is announced...not until sometime in October I believe. I kinda like that tradition.

Alas... I'm lookin at it as though with only sophmore status yet, I still haven't made the cut...

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        I didn't realize that @ EC all incoming freshman are on the JV team until tryouts are finished and the roster is announced...not until sometime in October I believe. I kinda like that tradition.
        )
        Indeed that is the case, however it seems as though there is proof (of course via facebook) that a freshmen has already made her profile picture that of her ecwh jersey and number

If what you say is the case, she shouldn't be able to have that yet, or have chosen her number....i'm hoping that it is just pure excitement and photoshopping of a previous player who owned the number which she strives to put on...have to keep everyone humble and on the same level, at least before tryouts. Very excited for the season though
        Elmira College '08
        The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back....Go Elmira College Women's Hockey 11-12

Comment

Indeed that is the case, however it seems as though there is proof (of course via facebook) that a freshmen has already made her profile picture that of her ecwh jersey and number

If what you say is the case, she shouldn't be able to have that yet, or have chosen her number....i'm hoping that it is just pure excitement and photoshopping of a previous player who owned the number which she strives to put on...have to keep everyone humble and on the same level, at least before tryouts. Very excited for the season though
          The very reason why I don't subscribe to faceplant...

I like the season opening East-West tourney format and the teams that are attending...should be a ring-a-ding-dong-dandy...

Look for RIT to come out of the gate early...

Comment

Sooooooo excited for EC's season to begin. I will be "cutting" rookie teeth this season....assuming my D makes the team after tryouts I too like the tradition about announcing the team after that event!

My D is at school, survived Freshmen orientation, her 1st 2 days of classes, the wearing of the beanies...although, I am told, they got to take them off early after defeating the OL's and pulling them into the pond/puddle. She is very excited, loves all the teammates she has met and says they are rarin' to go!

My husband and I will make the trip to Norwich from CO...hopeful for a great start to an exciting year!
            Bline

Comment

Originally posted by lcharb View Post
              Sooooooo excited for EC's season to begin. I will be "cutting" rookie teeth this season....assuming my D makes the team after tryouts I too like the tradition about announcing the team after that event!

My D is at school, survived Freshmen orientation, her 1st 2 days of classes, the wearing of the beanies...although, I am told, they got to take them off early after defeating the OL's and pulling them into the pond/puddle. She is very excited, loves all the teammates she has met and says they are rarin' to go!

My husband and I will make the trip to Norwich from CO...hopeful for a great start to an exciting year!
              The traditions at EC are some of the best in the land..she can look forward to Mountain Day, The Octagon Fair, Parents Weekend and of course Freshman Writing and the Encore programs.... some of which are fun and others gruelling!

Glad you are able to make the trip to Norwich...look forward to making your acquaintance...

Check ur rep....

Comment

The traditions at EC are some of the best in the land..she can look forward to Mountain Day, The Octagon Fair, Parents Weekend and of course Freshman Writing and the Encore programs.... some of which are fun and others gruelling!

Glad you are able to make the trip to Norwich...look forward to making your acquaintance...

Check ur rep....
                Look forward to that!
                Bline

Comment

Originally posted by lcharb View Post
                  Look forward to that!

Check ur rep....
                  I look forward to meeting you both.

I just took a job as the Norwich University Assistant Sports Information Director and I'm sure I'll be a busy beaver that weekend with the women's team opening up with this inaugural tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                    I look forward to meeting you both.

I just took a job as the Norwich University Assistant Sports Information Director and I'm sure I'll be a busy beaver that weekend with the women's team opening up with this inaugural tourney.
                    Well excellent news! Let me be the first to say Congratulations!

That NU ...they keep coming up with all these surprises...

Look me up when you are down there...I`ll be the one with the lampshade on my head tailgating...

Comment

Good luck Derek We know that your loyalty lies with Elmira even if you are working for the cadets
                      Elmira College '08

Comment

Good luck Derek We know that your loyalty lies with Elmira even if you are working for the cadets
                        Better not be! I'll tell Charlie!
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Seems Fargo and Vis have the team on a stringent diet of excersize these days with workouts scheduled for Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights and Captains practices going Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights. Definately not for the faint of heart.

Then as tradition would have it ... each morning they set out at 6:00am for the mandatory "Prison Run" where my kid tells me she always runs a little faster on the way home than on the way there....

Comment

Seems Fargo and Vis have the team on a stringent diet of excersize these days with workouts scheduled for Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights and Captains practices going Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights. Definately not for the faint of heart.

Then as tradition would have it ... each morning they set out at 6:00am for the mandatory "Prison Run" where my kid tells me she always runs a little faster on the way home than on the way there....
                            You should always run back faster. !

Comment

That's interesting considering that in Division III, the coaches are not allowed to make anything mandatory before or after the season....which, according to NCAA Rules, is October 15th. I'm just sayin' because I know there were 'allegations' against out team that the coach was running their captains ice last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X