THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

The first (exhibition) game being exactly ONE MONTH from tomorrow I figured it was time to get this thing started.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Hagelin for Hobey!

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Comment

'spoz I should subscribe to this. Hopefully others will jump on.

And I'm super glad I didn't start it. I'm bad luck.

Comment

Thank you for a new thread. I was challenged to remember the last page I read on the old one, so I wouldn't waste time finding where I left off.

Discussion: Read an article that mentioned the ND football coach wanted NBC to change the commercial breaks for the game as to not disrupt the game flow.
        Was Kelly channeling Red B. on this issue? NBC said that the breaks would go from 4 long ones a quarter to 5 short ones.
        This may not seem like a big deal, but what if instead if the 3, 2-3 minute breaks a period, the broadcasters stretch several 'icings' to say 45 sec. run a short ad, in place of the 15 sec. turnover time.
        In the old days CBC would run shot ad's at these types of breaks and did not have the multi-minute stoppages.
        Red has mentioned this in the past and talked about it several times with regard to the outdoor games where standing in the cold can have an effect on the players.
        What do you think? Should we lobby all the networks that carry hockey?
        He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Brief article about recruit Justin Selman. My kids play in the same program that he played for until last year. Looks like he's already thinking one or two years and he's off to the NHL. I hope he makes it but I lament the days of the four year commitment to Michigan.........

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/10...or_Selman.html
          Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
          I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFan View Post
            Brief article about recruit Justin Selman. My kids play in the same program that he played for until last year. Looks like he's already thinking one or two years and he's off to the NHL. I hope he makes it but I lament the days of the four year commitment to Michigan.........

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/10...or_Selman.html
            Although the current group of juniors/seniors seems/seemed fairly committed.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              Although the current group of juniors/seniors seems/seemed fairly committed.
              Can't really complain about the 2010-11 class of Sr. and Jr's commitment.

The senior class lost Max Pacioretty after 1 season, Aaron Palushaj after 2, and NHL pick Kevin Quick was booted. No NHL success yet for the three.

The junior class lost Robbie Czarnik after 1.25 seasons. Also part of that recruiting class was AJ Jenks, who verbaled before signing with OHL Plymouth Whalers and ultimately making the US WJC team.

Michigan's biggest battle lately has been losing verbals/recruits to the OHL....
              Jack Campbell
              Lucas Lessio
              Jerad Knight
              AJ Jenks
              (kind of R Czarnik)

Comment

That's my point.........until the late 90's I think we would have held on to the likes of Pacioretty and Palushaj, at least for a bit longer.

When my kids skate for Red (Billy perhaps? they'll be the class of 2021, 2023 and 2025 assuming they don't play in the USHL for a year or two) I'm going to encourage them to stay at least 3 years, if not 4, so that they're mature and close to that degree if things don't work out.

Call me old fashioned.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I created highlights of the Ferris State Bulldogs vs. Michigan Wolverines 1/23/10 game in Big Rapids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq70FxIvDWA

Let me know what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
                    This may not seem like a big deal, but what if instead if the 3, 2-3 minute breaks a period, the broadcasters stretch several 'icings' to say 45 sec. run a short ad, in place of the 15 sec. turnover time.
                    In the old days CBC would run shot ad's at these types of breaks and did not have the multi-minute stoppages.
                    Red has mentioned this in the past and talked about it several times with regard to the outdoor games where standing in the cold can have an effect on the players.
                    What do you think? Should we lobby all the networks that carry hockey?
                    I LIKE that idea.
                    The shorter breaks would not impact the flow of the game as much as what we have now but still could add up to the same amount of commercial time.
                    Perhaps rather than lobby the networks we should lobby the Rules Committee.
                    Last edited by JoeZ; 09-07-2010, 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                      The senior class lost Max Pacioretty after 1 season, No NHL success yet
                      ?????????
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Just wanted to say hey to you Wolverine fans....I'm really looking forward to having the Blue and Maize visit the NH Seacoast this fall.....I know it's a big kudo for us to have Michigan visit, but Red wanted to do Umile the favor and now we get the benies.....I have no idea how UNH will come out to begin the season but either way, I'll enjoy seeing Michigan at the Whitt!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                          Just wanted to say hey to you Wolverine fans....I'm really looking forward to having the Blue and Maize visit the NH Seacoast this fall.....I know it's a big kudo for us to have Michigan visit, but Red wanted to do Umile the favor and now we get the benies.....I have no idea how UNH will come out to begin the season but either way, I'll enjoy seeing Michigan at the Whitt!
                          You guys are lucky. We haven't seen the Wolverines play on the Denver Campus since 1980, when U of M was still in the WCHA...

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                            You guys are lucky. We haven't seen the Wolverines play on the Denver Campus since 1980, when U of M was still in the WCHA...
                            Though I seem to recall playing you in the mid '90's......neutral ice.....
                            Last edited by MoFan; 09-07-2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                              For whatever it is worth, College Hockey News has your Wildcats #10 in their preseason selections.

See:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...npreseason.php
                              Row 1
                              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                              X