Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by quack View Post
    It may be selective memory, but it seems like we don't play too well on the Olympic ice. I haven't seen NMU play this year, so I really don't know what to expect from them.
    Overall, 5-6-3 on the road.

1-2-2 Olympic rinks: Tied UNH 3-3, split w/ Alaska, losing 3-0 and winning 5-2. Tied Wisconsin, 3-3 (not Olympic size, but not standard, either.). Lost to Minnesota, 3-1.

4-4-1 Standard rinks: (Swept BG, tied/SOL -Ferris, lost to MSU, split w/ OSU, beat Ferris, got swept by Miami)

Comment

• Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
      What are you doing in Duluth now? I might try getting over there for a few days this summer. Friend of mine is the news anchor at one of the local TV stations.
      I'm the assistant pastor at a church in town. I love the work, it's a great job. Michigan's recent trip to Minneapolis was unworkable, though, because it was on a Sunday. Who's the anchor that you know?

I won't be able to make it to Marquette this weekend, unfortunately, there is just too much going on.
      Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        Overall, 5-6-3 on the road.

1-2-2 Olympic rinks: Tied UNH 3-3, split w/ Alaska, losing 3-0 and winning 5-2. Tied Wisconsin, 3-3 (not Olympic size, but not standard, either.). Lost to Minnesota, 3-1.

4-4-1 Standard rinks: (Swept BG, tied/SOL -Ferris, lost to MSU, split w/ OSU, beat Ferris, got swept by Miami)
        We also had olympic ice at the Big Chill. Not a road game but still revelant.

Comment

Well, now we don't need a tiebreaker for second place.

I kinda doubt that we can count on Notre Dame to drop a point, but lets hope we can take another 3 from Northern tonight.

Comment

Ccha regular season champs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
              Ccha regular season champs!!!
              Character type wins to finish the season and a big thank you to WMU!

Comment

Obviously, I did not expect that. Wow!!!

Lets hope we can back that up at the Joe in a few weeks.

Comment

You guys looked good tonight. Protected the puck, very hard to forecheck against, and some very very fast forwards. NMU kept it close Friday Night, but NMU can not keep up over a 2 game series.

Red said Caporusso will have an MRI Monday. He is considered "week to week" for now.

Also, the dumb NHL 94 celebration has been done before. Dont try that again please.
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Regular season CCHA championships probably aren't quite as big a deal for you guys as they still are for us, but after last year this one has to be pretty sweet. We brought our B- game to the ice tonight and Western brought their A+ game with them and really took it to us. Congrats on a great finish, and on the title.

Comment

I wasn't concerned about the regular season title until something was pointed out to me. Should the team advance through the home playoff series, it means the first game at the Joe will not be Notre Dame or Miami, which could be a nice advantage.

Thank you Western.

Now to see how the first week of CCHA playoffs unfolds.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        I wasn't concerned about the regular season title until something was pointed out to me. Should the team advance through the home playoff series, it means the first game at the Joe will not be Notre Dame or Miami, which could be a nice advantage.

Thank you Western.

Now to see how the first week of CCHA playoffs unfolds.
                        Plus the rafters at Yost get more decoration. What a great time of the season for the guys to hit their stride!
                        Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                          Regular season CCHA championships probably aren't quite as big a deal for you guys as they still are for us, but after last year this one has to be pretty sweet. We brought our B- game to the ice tonight and Western brought their A+ game with them and really took it to us. Congrats on a great finish, and on the title.
                          Thanks, +1 post.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                            You guys looked good tonight. Protected the puck, very hard to forecheck against, and some very very fast forwards. NMU kept it close Friday Night, but NMU can not keep up over a 2 game series.

Red said Caporusso will have an MRI Monday. He is considered "week to week" for now.
                            Yes, this sounded like one of the best played road games, if not games period, of the season. Cappy is a tough loss, but he'll have a week to rest, hopefully nothing more than a sprain. If the CCHA first round higher seeds win out, Michigan will play LSSU in two weeks.

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                            Also, the dumb NHL 94 celebration has been done before. Dont try that again please.
                            Winning CCHA titles never gets old no matter how its celebrated. Kinda like certain CCHA fanbases stealing the Yost cheers that we already stole.

Comment

Yes, this sounded like one of the best played road games, if not games period, of the season. Cappy is a tough loss, but he'll have a week to rest, hopefully nothing more than a sprain. If the CCHA first round higher seeds win out, Michigan will play LSSU in two weeks.

Winning CCHA titles never gets old no matter how its celebrated. Kinda like certain CCHA fanbases stealing the Yost cheers that we already stole.
                              And what cheer would that be? We stole most of our cheers from Bucky and Cornell :P
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

@shawn_hunwick: "They do have some crazy fans though at goggin. I heard some pretty witty stuff from the student section"

Haters gonna hate man

Congrats on the title!

Comment

Working...
                                X