Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by alnike View Post
    While Michigan found the net tonight, I really thought that WMU played with a greater intensity and M allowed them to break out of the zone and transition with little effort to stop them.

Blashill has done a nice job with the turnaround in Kzoo, players have bought into the program and they work hard each shift, not much let up. No PIM's from a WMU squad, who'd a thunk?

Seemed like M was shorthanded the whole 2nd period, but they weren't.

Clare really struggled tonight. When he had the puck, he couldn't handle it. When he had to make a physical play, seemed like he was trying not to break eggs. When he had to skate, it seemed like he was in slooooow motion. No urgency or intensity in his game tonight. If Moffie does not play tomorrow night, that would be disappointing. Clare sat the final five minutes when the game was tight, before the ENG.

Nice efforts from Pateryn and Lynch tonight. Team finally scores a 3rd period goal.
    My thoughts exactly. Not to rail on kids, but Burlon and Clare were tentative and gave up the blue line too easily.

Also- did you notice how many "home run" passes they were throwing up the middle? Must have spotted something on video.

I thought the third line got abused last night. Wohlberg is really fighting a confidence issue- better to play solid defensively in that case. That line isn't winning any board battles, either. On the other end, we just aren't forcing WMU to work hard to get through the neutral zone and enter our zone.

Hunwick played like a human again, too. Solid, but truly showed his anger after that second goal.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      I think that was Merrill as Bob Barker and Bennett as one of "his beauties".
      The upperclassmen ran the show, they had most of the freshman in bikinis.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        Hunwick played like a human again, too. Solid, but truly showed his anger after that second goal.
        He played good enough for the team to win, the team defense was lacking on goals 2 and 3.

1st goal, real nice shot upstairs on a smaller goalie
        2nd goal, puck bounced right over Pateryn's stick, Balisy is not covered and puts in the rebound
        3rd goal, Langlais/Glendening left Campbell wide open, no chance on that one.

Comment

Dear Carl Hagelin:

Thank you. We owe you one.

Sincerely,
          Ferris State
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Dear Carl Hagelin:

Sincerely,
            Ferris State
            That was an amazing, and i mean an amazing finish. A somewhat fluky GTG with about 35 seconds left, then an amazing shot into the upper corner to win it, with 2.9 seconds left. Yost was beyond crazy, and the 20 man mosh pit right in front of me. Such a pit that the penalty box door flew open in the pit. What a way to cap a seemingly tough senior night. And fitting it was Hagelin to tie it, and Hagelin to win it.
            Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Dear Carl Hagelin:

Sincerely,
              Ferris State
              Dear Ferris State:

You had your chance to pay me and my teammates back and blew it in the third period, tonight. Just one little win over ND would have been nice.

Sincerely,

Carl Hagelin

Comment

He played good enough for the team to win, the team defense was lacking on goals 2 and 3.

1st goal, real nice shot upstairs on a smaller goalie
                2nd goal, puck bounced right over Pateryn's stick, Balisy is not covered and puts in the rebound
                3rd goal, Langlais/Glendening left Campbell wide open, no chance on that one.
                You misunderstand- he has stood on his head the past several weeks and stolen points when his team didn't deserve them. This weekend, he needed his teammates to pick up the slack because he couldn't stop everything. I can't agree with you more, the defense has been too loose. Hunwick will tell you that he didn't play his best on Saturday, though.

Comment

Ok, now fair warning I'm a little drunk and a lot sentimental right now, which is always a bad combination for posting something on the internet. But I just need to pay my respects to Carl and the rest of the seniors tonight. Forget the two beyond-clutch goals...did anyone notice the sequence when a Michigan defenseman broke his stick with about 6 minutes to go? He went to the bench for another stick, and Carl just jumped on the ice instead and played out the shift. It wasn't his line, and there wasn't even a great scoring chance...but it showed that Carl would've taken any opportunity to be on the ice for a few extra seconds.

Now I know, maybe you could take this as Carl not being the biggest team player. But on this era of leaving school early, ditching NCAA for juniors, etc. it was just so great to see a guy with NHL talent playing in college that wanted to win that badly. And it wasn't just Carl tonight, you could see the same desperation for Louis, Scooter, Matt and the rest. I know in all likelihood they'll probably leave without ever sniffing an NCAA title, but I'll miss this senior class perhaps more than any other before it.

Thank you seniors....whatever happens the rest of the way it was a great 4 years!!
                  Last edited by wooderson; 02-20-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

19:20 of the third?!? 4:57 of the OT?!? C'mon Hagelin, you're killin' me! Apparently Western forgot this guy was your leading scorer and would be on the ice in the ultimate crunch time???

I gather Yost was absolutely rocking last night when the clock struck 10:00. Deservedly so. Nice win.

Comment

I must suck at searching, but where can I find the video highlights of the game last night? Fox Sports latest ccha highlight is a few weeks ago- according to them.

edit- found the fox highlights on mgoblue.com
                      Last edited by alfablue; 02-20-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
                        I know in all likelihood they'll probably leave without ever sniffing an NCAA title
                        Don't give up on them yet. My only realistic chance to see the team in person this season is in St. Paul, 2 1/2 hours from where I live in Duluth. I expect to see them there.
                        Jesus Saves

Comment

The upperclassmen ran the show, they had most of the freshman in bikinis.
                          I got clarification as to who performed at Mock Rock in the hockey skit:

1. Winnett was Bob Barker
                          2. Burlon was Berenson
                          3. Brown was Hutchins
                          4.Scooter was Denard
                          5.Rust was Forcier
                          6. Treais, DeBlois, Bennett and Moffatt were in bikinis.

Comment

On to Marquette, any thoughts/predictions?
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                              Don't give up on them yet. My only realistic chance to see the team in person this season is in St. Paul, 2 1/2 hours from where I live in Duluth. I expect to see them there.
                              What are you doing in Duluth now? I might try getting over there for a few days this summer. Friend of mine is the news anchor at one of the local TV stations.
                              Michigan Hockey Net
                              Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                On to Marquette, any thoughts/predictions?
                                It may be selective memory, but it seems like we don't play too well on the Olympic ice. I haven't seen NMU play this year, so I really don't know what to expect from them.
                                Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

Working...
                                X