This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Yale, Brown and Cornell add recruits in last 3-4 days....not sayin' anything just reporting...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Yale, Brown and Cornell add recruits in last 3-4 days....not sayin' anything just reporting...
      Maybe Chris Heisenberg is just ignoring us.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        I've got something to say here. I'm going to say it, not directing it at anyone, and then I'm going to try and get out of the way and let it be discussed if anyone wants to discuss it.

Somewhere, there's a line when it comes to enthusiasm. The question has to be asked sometimes - if I was a young man, what level would I be comfortable having people talk about elements of my life?

In this day and age, recruits are going to seek out every little bit of information wherever they can find it about the recruiting process, including and especially the internet, and if you think they're not reading this forum, you're wrong.

As we've come to expect, the Internet has a way of distorting things a discussion among very few people can make it seem like a topic that everyone is discussing. Discussing a minor topic repeatedly begins to look like a bizarre obsession.

People shouldn't be led to believe that a fan base doesn't care. If I were a young player, I wouldn't have much interest in a school whose fans didn't care about the players at all. Following the recruits and their progress seems fairly natural and absolutely acceptable (and, if I may say, we're fortunate to have Ralph keeping close tabs on the stats for us). But there's a line somewhere that, when crossed, is going to lead to the exact same reaction - these fans care TOO much, and about things that are personal to a lot of people.

Speculation is going to happen. I get that. But endless speculation about very minor and possibly very personal things is not only detrimental to the conversation, it's potentially detrimental to the program if a recruit or a potential recruit sees it and becomes concerned.

All I'm saying is this... think before you speculate. What do we REALLY need to know? What do we really need to spend time guessing at that hasn't been confirmed? If a player's academic situation isn't something that's already been confirmed as being an issue - for instance, a player is known to have been rejected by admissions, or has to sit out a semester because of poor grades - is that something that we really should be nosing around with?

At the end of the day, a recruit will either choose to come to RPI or he will not. We have various ways of learning about the latter if it occurs. Specifically with JL, I have heard various conflicting rumors about his academics. I've heard he's a very bright student. What if he is? Do you think faceless names on the Internet asking about his SAT score repeatedly as though it's some problem is going to be something that will make him excited about RPI?

It's not just this, it's anything that could be construed as being a part of a recruit or a player's personal life, things that you wouldn't want others murmuring about behind your back.

So all I'm asking is this - think about what you're speculating on before you speculate. Ask yourself whether it's really important or not. Jacob Laliberte will either come to RPI next year, or he won't, and if he doesn't, whatever reason he doesn't is on him and him alone, unless we learn that Seth turned his back or something, which is another thing we don't know.

That's it.
        I thought thats what I was trying to say.My intention of this post was to convey that I have moved on.The only words JL hears from me is if he shows up in Troy will be SHOOT THE PUCK !(only kidding... besides w/the stats he's run up I hardly think thats a problem)
        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          ... Indeed one should think before one posts. Most of the time I do -- sometimes I don't.
          Don't worry, the book burning censors will soon be intercepting all posts and confiscating all blackberries.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Don't worry, the book burning censors will soon be intercepting all posts and confiscating all blackberries.
            When I no longer feel that i can post exactly what is on my mind-it won't be fun anymore and i will just not bother. For the most part the posters we have on our threads are all bright and understand sarcasm and just joking around.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

You think I have a blackberry? I only got a cell phone in January.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I received the following link from someone who may want to be nameless http://barriecolts.com/index.php?opt...ses&Itemid=124. RPI (and Michigan and Wisconsin) target Steven Beyers OHL rights have been traded for a second-round draft choice which is a better pick than what he went for. It sounds like he won't be going to a US college although OHL teams have been wrong before.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I received the following link from someone who may want to be nameless http://barriecolts.com/index.php?opt...ses&Itemid=124. RPI (and Michigan and Wisconsin) target Steven Beyers OHL rights have been traded for a second-round draft choice which is a better pick than what he went for. It sounds like he won't be going to a US college although OHL teams have been wrong before.
                  I see Dale Hawerchuk is the new bench boss in Barrie, he was part owner and head coach in Orangeville where Beyers and Nick Quinn played last year. I wonder if he has any plans to bring in Quinn, now that he decommitted from RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                    I see Dale Hawerchuk is the new bench boss in Barrie, he was part owner and head coach in Orangeville where Beyers and Nick Quinn played last year. I wonder if he has any plans to bring in Quinn, now that he decommitted from RPI.
                    Certainly possible...though everything I 've heard is that Des Moines is Nick's next stop...we'll know more when the Bucs lace 'em up.

Comment

I guess it might explain him coming back to O'ville after going to camp in the USHL.

Comment

I've got something to say here. I'm going to say it, not directing it at anyone, and then I'm going to try and get out of the way and let it be discussed if anyone wants to discuss it.

Somewhere, there's a line when it comes to enthusiasm. The question has to be asked sometimes - if I was a young man, what level would I be comfortable having people talk about elements of my life?

In this day and age, recruits are going to seek out every little bit of information wherever they can find it about the recruiting process, including and especially the internet, and if you think they're not reading this forum, you're wrong.

As we've come to expect, the Internet has a way of distorting things a discussion among very few people can make it seem like a topic that everyone is discussing. Discussing a minor topic repeatedly begins to look like a bizarre obsession.

People shouldn't be led to believe that a fan base doesn't care. If I were a young player, I wouldn't have much interest in a school whose fans didn't care about the players at all. Following the recruits and their progress seems fairly natural and absolutely acceptable (and, if I may say, we're fortunate to have Ralph keeping close tabs on the stats for us). But there's a line somewhere that, when crossed, is going to lead to the exact same reaction - these fans care TOO much, and about things that are personal to a lot of people.

Speculation is going to happen. I get that. But endless speculation about very minor and possibly very personal things is not only detrimental to the conversation, it's potentially detrimental to the program if a recruit or a potential recruit sees it and becomes concerned.

All I'm saying is this... think before you speculate. What do we REALLY need to know? What do we really need to spend time guessing at that hasn't been confirmed? If a player's academic situation isn't something that's already been confirmed as being an issue - for instance, a player is known to have been rejected by admissions, or has to sit out a semester because of poor grades - is that something that we really should be nosing around with?

At the end of the day, a recruit will either choose to come to RPI or he will not. We have various ways of learning about the latter if it occurs. Specifically with JL, I have heard various conflicting rumors about his academics. I've heard he's a very bright student. What if he is? Do you think faceless names on the Internet asking about his SAT score repeatedly as though it's some problem is going to be something that will make him excited about RPI?

It's not just this, it's anything that could be construed as being a part of a recruit or a player's personal life, things that you wouldn't want others murmuring about behind your back.

So all I'm asking is this - think about what you're speculating on before you speculate. Ask yourself whether it's really important or not. Jacob Laliberte will either come to RPI next year, or he won't, and if he doesn't, whatever reason he doesn't is on him and him alone, unless we learn that Seth turned his back or something, which is another thing we don't know.

That's it.
                        There is a lot of truth to all of it. But I think that if JL doesn't come here it is because Monty left, Jerry & Brandon are gone.
                        If a bunch of knuckleheads on a BB causes you not attend one of the best schools in the country for free......well.....I dunno
                        I just don't think a "kid" is even gonna look on this site for validation. I picture him playing some lax, a little hockey, maybe some EA sports, hangin out with friends,sneakin a beer and crashing early.
                        Seth and Monty were on a roll recruiting. They were great together.
                        That doesn't mean that Seth can't be great without Monty, hey he may be better. Time will tell.

Comment

That's it.
                          The last time I checked, anyone on this board has a right to speak out AND SPECULATE. if someone is out of line, then ignore him...as fans we will be passionate, enthusiastic, and fanatic. Sometimes we will wonder out loud. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. So we disagree.

If a recruit aspires to the next level in sport, then he might want to get used to speculation. It actually is a very good way to get ready for real life. If you're saying you're so wonderful at thinking before you speak then wow, RC, you're the man. I can police myself, thank you very much.

I personally learn from this thread exchange and enjoy that which is discussed by all the regular members. I will continue to speculate; I expect there to be speculation about the recruit to whom I'm closest. I HATE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS with all my being and will never buckle under the pressure from the word police. If you don't like what I say, too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            When I no longer feel that i can post exactly what is on my mind-it won't be fun anymore and i will just not bother. For the most part the posters we have on our threads are all bright and understand sarcasm and just joking around.
                            Here, here Doc...

Comment

I'm curious to know how so many came to the conclusion that JL has been the one to postpone his entry into RPI. There is a coach and school involved here too.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                                I'm curious to know how so many came to the conclusion that JL has been the one to postpone his entry into RPI. There is a coach and school involved here too.
                                It definitely isn't certain from what we know. It could have been different the two years.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X