X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    It is a testament to SA that parents who know the game send there kids to Troy. Tinoradi, Neal. As we know the hockey world is a small community and this speaks to the rep that Coach has that people in the know would select RPI.
    Then we have Quinn's father who is a coach.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Great to finally see a new recruit.

I picked this up from ushr, not RPI related "yet" but thought it was interesting:
      Here's something you don't see everyday: triplets. The Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) have the Fitzgerald Triplets, 8/26/93 birthdates Myles, Gerry, and Leo Fitzgerald, all rookies in the league. They're identical. All are 5'7", 150. While we haven't seen them, NCAA recruiters who have say they're skilled, quick, Div. I prospects who compete hard.

Myles and Gerry are right shots, while Leo shoots left. So maybe they aren't identical after all.

The triplets are from Port Alberni which, like Nanaimo, is on Vancouver Island. Port Alberni once called itself the Salmon Capital of the World. Pollution emanating from a local pulp mill decimated the fish's population, and deep-sixed the moniker.
      A little on the small side but that would be a sight to see on the ice at HFH. Also, didnt one of our coaches just come from Vancouver Island this off-season.
      Last edited by redhead18; 09-23-2010, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        IMHO, if this were true, we would have lost Polacek over the summer. The NHL may be desperate, but they still have some standards when it comes to the size of the players. Chase is a fabulous player, don't get me wrong, but most scouts have said he's too small to be effective in the NHL.

Now, if JL happened to grow a bit and get a lot of muscle, it may be possible that we'd lose him early.
        2 totally different cases and not really comparable. Chase has shown that he is very much concerned with his education. I am sure he has been tempted by NHL teams but that did not happen until after last year when he was on fire and was already finishing his junior year. There is no way to predict how JL would react to a major offer if he has a standout first year at RPI. We just cannot get inside his thinking and know how important an education is. Just my opinion. A 7 figure offer can make just about anyone stop and think.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post

I picked this up from ushr, not RPI related "yet" but thought it was interesting:

A little on the small side but that would be a sight to see on the ice at HFH.
          If we could recruit all 3 we could put them on one line-give them all the same number to wear and really confuse the opposition. Perhaps they could turn out to be like the Hansons

Comment

Heard some good things about physicality of Tinoradi, he hits hard.
            I've said it before-Tinordi will be a big upside surprise. We definitely got the better brother as far as NCAA production.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              5/8? Could you explain? Typically there are 15 bodies on the ice at a given time -- 2 teams of 6 each and three refs.
              Two orange mice now, Ralph. That makes 4 refs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Then we have Quinn's father who is a coach.
                The two that I mentioned are associated with the NHL. All due respect to Mr. Quinn but he never played in the show or scouted for them. Not a knock, just an observation. I think we both agree that people in the know have a new respect for the Tute.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I looked through the box scores of the tourney in Sweden which were linked in April in the first off-season thread. Matt Neal's line was 4-0-1-1-0.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A recent artcile with a picture of Matt Neal at a team golf tourney http://www.yorkregion.com/sports/loc...ffville-spirit This year’s roster is drawing far more attention from schools than last year’s, said head coach Craig Donovan. Matt Neal, Brennan Serville, who has de-committed to Canisius in Buffalo, and 16-year-old Drake Caggiula are some of the players drawing interest.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You can find Neal on bottom left of page
                      http://stouffvillespirit.com/roster.htm
                      5'10", 170? That kid is going to grow just as well as D'Amigo. A little "small" as it were in the picture, I would think he has potential i nthat department. Can't wait to see what he can do on the ice. I look forward to the score lines (did I get the terminology correct yet, Ralph?), hopefully also a video or two.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post

A little on the small side but that would be a sight to see on the ice at HFH. Also, didnt one of our coaches just come from Vancouver Island this off-season.
                        Identical triplets and identical twins would definitely send other coaches heads spinning.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

An article about JL in today's Standard Freeholder http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2769343
                          "I also want to improve on parts of my game that need work. I need to be more competent on the defensive part, so that I'll be better at the next (college) level.''

Laliberte is expected to suit up for the NCAA division l RPI Engineers next fall.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            5'10", 170? That kid is going to grow just as well as D'Amigo. A little "small" as it were in the picture, I would think he has potential i nthat department. Can't wait to see what he can do on the ice. I look forward to the score lines (did I get the terminology correct yet, Ralph?), hopefully also a video or two.
                            I wasn't able to find a video that showed more than a passing glimpse of him.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Great quote. That tells me he has taken the criticism to heart and wants to be here next year. Hopefully this will make him a more complete player and a solid early contributor if he's able to make improvements.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                Great quote. That tells me he has taken the criticism to heart and wants to be here next year. Hopefully this will make him a more complete player and a solid early contributor if he's able to make improvements.
                                I wonder if that came from his talk with Coach Appert.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X