X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I would disagree with the "cut" assertion. The following quote is from Monty re: Quinn departure from DFS. "We weren't the only team to have this happen to," Montgomery said. "It's an unfortunate situation, and I feel bad about it, because we had big plans for Nick." The Quinn family may have taken it this way but realities of the situation seem to contradict that he was cut. Just saying

Source of quote
    http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=292665
    "Cut", "released", "let go" label it anyway you like. Bottom line is Monty had three guys to choose from and the one kid Monty knew he'd only have for one season got the boot. The cold, business side of hockey.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Do we know for sure that he is in fact, going back to school?
      I am pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Dubuque paper a while back.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        The Saponari that was chucked from BU? I don't know much about him, but to get chucked from BU takes a lot!! That's a preety big red flag if you ask me.
        That's him...that's why he is "rehabbing" in the USHL. Reports are that Atlanta folks recommended Dubuque to him. Anyone's guess as to what he does next...if he lights up the USHL this year, as many think he will...who knows
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          You really did post about Koudys here.
          You doubted me? Wanted to get into the habit....

Comment

I am pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Dubuque paper a while back.
            "Saponari will play this coming season with Dubuque of the USHL, as the Thrashers helped point him in that direction. He could have opted to play as an over-ager in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, but by playing in the USHL, he retains NCAA eligibility to play at another school in the 2011-12 season. (Saponari said his older brother will finish his education at BU, but not play hockey.)"

Source http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534969

Dr. Baer, he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

...he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?
              Talk about betting the long shots...

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Talk about betting the long shots...
                I'm a dreamer Not totally out of the question though.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

"Saponari will play this coming season with Dubuque of the USHL, as the Thrashers helped point him in that direction. He could have opted to play as an over-ager in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, but by playing in the USHL, he retains NCAA eligibility to play at another school in the 2011-12 season. (Saponari said his older brother will finish his education at BU, but not play hockey.)"

Source http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534969

Dr. Baer, he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?
                  Sure would.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stopping focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
                    I hear Quinn will play in Des Moines.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                      I hear Quinn will play in Des Moines.
                      And CH has removed him from our list http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...LdlBOaHc&gid=1. That means that he most likely he will be going to another college.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-27-2010, 12:22 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                        Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 08/27/10
                        Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/11/10

Women
                        Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)
                        It just dawned on me that Piper is a great name for a goalie who plays "between the pipes".
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                          Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 08/27/10
                          Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/11/10

Women
                          Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)
                          It just dawned on me that Piper is a great name for a goalie who plays "between the pipes".
                          Do you sit up nights thinking of these things?
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Actually, he's kinda slow on the take, as myself and at least one other poster had already thought of that... we just weren't corny enough to post it.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Actually, he's kinda slow on the take, as myself and at least one other poster had already thought of that... we just weren't corny enough to post it.
                              RC is correct. It just dawned on me when I posted this today.

Is this more corny than "Without a Pirri"?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RC is correct. It just dawned on me when I posted this today.

Is this more corny than "Without a Pirri"?
                                Ok-I give up-what color is the sky in your world?
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X