X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Tried B2 for 1 year-just simply got too frustrated with it. The job done by RPITV in the past year was super fantastic and I will miss them terribly this year. With B2 it was always something-bad picture, no sound, no game, interruptions, bad camera angles-there were times I just shut it down and listened to WRPI.
    Conceivably, B2 is better for USHL games, but I doubt it. I have been subscribing to B2 for RPI games for all three years that it was offered. The first year, I attributed the problems to growing pains, but as I learned how they operated, I realized that some of the problems will probably persist.

The bad camera angles problem has greatly improved as RPI-TV, where they get the pictures from, has improved. The rest of the problems are just their incompetency since we learned when both B2 and RPI-TV were broadcasting that RPI-TV was more reliable, plus B2 used a much reduced bandwidth from the signal that RPI-TV gave them making their product not as good even when it was otherwise working well.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
      I am expecting commitments following each of the three upcoming weekends. Just a gut feeling.
      How's your gut feeling now?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Talking with Appert at Hockey Line, he said that he would be on the road each of the three (then) coming weekends. I guess that he used this past weekend to check up on Laliberte and scout the Spink twins some more. We'll see who he visits each of the next two weekends (and can get commitments from).
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          Talking with Appert at Hockey Line, he said that he would be on the road each of the three (then) coming weekends. I guess that he used this past weekend to check up on Laliberte and scout the Spink twins some more. We'll see who he visits each of the next two weekends (and can get commitments from).
          He'll probably be at the USHL Fall Classic. I doubt that he will get any commitments on the spot unless he already has had a lot of contact with someone. He might invite someone to visit for the C&W game or the New Brunswick game.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He'll probably be at the USHL Fall Classic. I doubt that he will get any commitments on the spot unless he already has had a lot of contact with someone. He might invite someone to visit for the C&W game or the New Brunswick game.
            I would think the UNB game is more likely. Although practice (and potentially education for Under-18) may be happening, October 2nd is opening weekend for most of the clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I would think the UNB game is more likely. Although practice (and potentially education for Under-18) may be happening, October 2nd is opening weekend for most of the clubs.
              If it is the USHL, but not most Canadian junior leagues. I do agree that 10/5 is more likely anyway.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Previously confirmed RB...that's where everyone will be this week...it's a zoo...hoepfully SA will be busier than a one armed paper hanger with an itch

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                  Previously confirmed RB...that's where everyone will be this week...it's a zoo...hoepfully SA will be busier than a one armed paper hanger with an itch
                  I take it that Mr. Saponari will be playing in Fall Classic. Just saying.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    I take it that Mr. Saponari will be playing in Fall Classic. Just saying.
                    I would expect him to.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wonder if SA was in Cornwall more for Spinks brothers than checking in on JL? That would make us small but maybe that's the new paradigm for keeping star players... recruit for size.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

TVCogeco in Cornwall is back at it again this year, couple of videos already up from this season.

Coach MacInnis talks about the Colts in the CHL Showcase as well as the home opener against Hawkesbury.
                        http://www.tvcogeco.com/cornwall/gal...ts-home-opener

Some game highlights from the Colts/Hawks game, lots of footage of JL(19) and the Spinks (88,96)
                        http://www.tvcogeco.com/cornwall/gal...hawks-at-colts

Im hoping they do these video highlights for all the Colts home games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          Everybody happy now that the SF mentioned that in the paper......
                          They were guilted into printing something ....that leaves only Ken Schott...
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Most of us have probably already viewed this but heres a TVCogeco feature from last season on the Spink twins:

http://www.tvcogeco.com/cornwall/gal...he-spink-twins

Seems like they have really good chemistry with JL, I think it would be fun seeing them all on a line together next year at RPI.

Comment

The Spink twins plus VS would make three...
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                The Spink twins plus VS would make three...
                                With JL that would give us four incoming forwards. Assuming that Joel Malchuk is returning for his fouth year of eligibility, that would replace the four forwards who are leaving (Polacek, Helfrich, Halpern, and Brutlag), although we would probably also want to replace at least some of D'Amigo, Pirri, and Watts.

However, we are getting ahead of ourselves.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X