X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by babo View Post
    I would not do that if I were you...no no...
    That'd be asking for some bad MoJo.... but TB could add another sunken bathtub shrine next to the first, that would appease Lord MoJo.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I'd like to take this opportunity to request some recruit news...I really need to see an addition or three to Ralph's list....
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Maybe I am reading these posts wrong but what we are trying to say here is that if a kid goes and plays any amount of time with a MJ team and he decides it isnt for him he can just go back to a college team.

Wouldnt that just play into the hands of the MJ and NHL teams and they would end up using the NCAA as sort of a minor league. Have a kid come into camp, play a few games and then say well your not going to get playing time here but go play in the NCAA and develop more then come back here when we think you are ready. I know there is an age limit in MJ but still they could recruit a kid at the age of 14 and feed them all the lines the use and then have/help him commit to a school of its choosing to use to develop in case they dont work out at the MJ level. Still seems like a bad situation for the NCAA.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          I'd like to take this opportunity to request some recruit news...I really need to see an addition or three to Ralph's list....
          seconded
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am expecting commitments following each of the three upcoming weekends. Just a gut feeling.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              I am expecting commitments following each of the three upcoming weekends. Just a gut feeling.
              Now that would be a good turn of events.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hope so but I have not seen anything yet with my Tarot cards. I will be taking out the old Crystal Ball and Magic 8 Ball to check.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Cornwall is playing their first home game this evening http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2759237. Nothing about JL in the article.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                    GLM, I agree with you. But what ever happened to caveat emptor? (did I spell that correctly?), I agree the NCAA regs are asinine and I agree the market place should be the arbiter.
                    Oh certainly "buyer beware" is always in effect when it comes to recruits. The problem the NCAA has is they've created their own one-way street with everything. It's just crazy for the NCAA to treat MJ players getting food money each day to be akin to being a pro player. MJ players get anywhere from $50-$150 per diem and that depends on their age as older players get more money.

If nothing else, college players get more of a financial commitment in the form of room and board as well as education. If they weren't taking classes they'd be getting an even sweeter deal than MJ players who are put up with billet families. For the NCAA to draw a line in the sand and say their way is still amateur and their way is professional is just goofy. Wipe away that designation and you've got a true open market for player competition and one that makes things a lot more interesting.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I am expecting commitments following each of the three upcoming weekends...
                      That's my kind of batting average....we'll see if comes to fruition.

Comment

On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Hawkesbury Hawks 7-0. Jacob Laliberté had a goal and two assist. He must have been on a line with the Spink brothers. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318563

Laliberté's line is now 3-4-4-8-0.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Dubuque Fighting Saints lost to the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders 5-2. Luke Curadi had a cross checking penalty and an elbowing major with a game misconduct. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1391750

Curadi's line is now 1-0-0-0-17. (The previous game is not included on the website.)

babo, was he really wearing number 1? Also, when is the next game?
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-17-2010, 12:12 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                            Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            3- 4- 4-  8-  0 09/21/10
                            Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/19/10

Women
                            Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-17-2010, 12:24 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Curadi's line is now 1-0-0-0-17. (The previous game is not included on the website.)
                              Ahem...
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

RB: DBQ plays CR at home tomorrow night. Also, I for one like the sound of Laliberte-Spink-Spink...let's get them all to RPI! Dammit!

Comment

Working...
                                X