This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Sioux City defeated Dubuque 4-2 last evening. I haven't seen a box score.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Is this going to be something recurring for the season? I'm surprised you haven't placed it as a note on the line charts yet.
      FD: It is only a statistic that I kept bringing up starting a couple of years ago. I felt that there was a diference when a player scored a lot on a team that did not score much as opposed to a player who scored a lot on a team that had an abundance of scorers. It is far easier to accumulate stats especially assists, when you are on a high scoring team. JL seems to be involved in a very high percentage of the scoring for Cornwall the past 2 years so I started keeping track. RB and I have been alternately mentioning the % after each game.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        They report the scores of the game for the people who live in the Cornwall area...they have acknowledged that JL is going to RPI sometime. Yes, I know they have written articles about past Colts players but that is after they have left the team to move onto the college ranks. If they do not write up anything about JL and his next move after the season ends then maybe we would have a reason to take jabs at the reporters. For now, relax enjoy watching JL point totals go crazy like a pinball machine.
        Your statement would be fine EXCEPT they chose to say "who declined to attend RPI this year". If they had ignored that fact, you're right, it wouldn't be bad (even if entirely non-thorough) journalism to not clarify his plans. But if the reporter is going to bring up a fact that is now irrelevant at best and in reality severely misleading, he has an obligation to do the digging and write an accurate piece.
        Last edited by knsmith; 09-12-2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

They report the scores of the game for the people who live in the Cornwall area...they have acknowledged that JL is going to RPI sometime. Yes, I know they have written articles about past Colts players but that is after they have left the team to move onto the college ranks. If they do not write up anything about JL and his next move after the season ends then maybe we would have a reason to take jabs at the reporters. For now, relax enjoy watching JL point totals go crazy like a pinball machine.
          Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the SF's last statement on the subject something to the effect of the profound "either he will be going to RPI or he won't in 2011"?
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-12-2010, 02:40 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Sioux City defeated Dubuque 4-2 last evening. I haven't seen a box score.
            Here's an article from the Dubuque newspaper:

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=295426

No mention of Curadi.

Comment

The B.R.O., Sapponari and one other did not play on Saturday...Monty said he needed to evaluate certain players...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                The B.R.O., Sapponari and one other did not play on Saturday...Monty said he needed to evaluate certain players...
                SO BRO's line is thus 0-0-0-0-0. When is the next game?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                  Your statement would be fine EXCEPT they chose to say "who declined to attend RPI this year". If they had ignored that fact, you're right, it wouldn't be bad (even if entirely non-thorough) journalism to not clarify his plans. But if the reporter is going to bring up a fact that is now irrelevant at best and in reality severely misleading, he has an obligation to do the digging and write an accurate piece.
                  Thanks K - its good to know that I'm not completely crazy, someone shares my view...(while I'd never put words in his mouth, I'm fairly certain RB is of like mind on this..)
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-12-2010, 02:53 PM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Sat. 18th in DBQ vs. Cedar Rapids.
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-12-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

The reporter's job is not to just "report scores"...any chimpanzee can download a boxscore. Journalists - the self respecting ones at least - detail the key plays and turning points, the scoring AND, if they haven't eaten too much free press box pizza, actually make an effort to provide the reader with some insight about the team they are covering, its players and coaches.
                      _________
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-12-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Thursday, Cedar Rapids...not sure where...my source is sleeping instead of texting...

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Sat. 18th in DBQ vs. Cedar Rapids.
                          They're getting their S**T together slowly...apparently they've either added a CR game or changed it...I'm guessing they added a home game for Thursday since CR is close by...

Comment

Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the SF's last statement on the subject something to the effect of the profound "either he will be going to RPI or he won't in 2011"?
                            Sadly, that is correct.

Comment

They're getting their S**T together slowly...apparently they've either added a CR game or changed it...I'm guessing they added a home game for Thursday since CR is close by...
                              Good, they need they work.

Comment

...my source is sleeping instead of texting...
                                He's got his priorities in order, that is, unless he's driving the bus.

Comment

Working...
                                X